Some Testing Videos

Mt5_Roie

Wanted to share some quick testing videos we've made while working hard!

Here's a teaser of the Mistral version....will make a longer one this weekend when I get a chance.

Here's another of us landing on the grass and sliding. Making sure the Gazelle doesn't explode.

• Like 1

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Indeed correct. Remember it's a lightweight helicopter. The commander had to go no a special diet to lose 10 pounds just so we can load 4 mistrals on the heli and get off the ground.

So if you are carrying Mistrals that's all you're carrying? Like HOT3?

I'm extremely excited for this, you guys, looks very good. Yeah, a smoketrail should be added, but i trust the cosmetics will come with time. I'm very much looking forward to how this will change the PvP dynamics in servers like BlueFlag.

Keep on rocking PolyChop, your Gazelle is still my favourite module to fly, only being rivaled by the Mig-21!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a chance we can have a look at the armament control panel for the Mistral? (if there's one)

Also, a question about the Mistral version: is it equipped on the SA-342L or the SA-342M? Is the Mistral variant a separate one altogether? (since it has a different cockpit interior due to the modified armament panel)

Currently the Mistral version has the same control panel as the gun and rocket version. Were going to use it for now until we can find a real world one to model.

The Mistral will be it's own version. So there will be three modules: SA342M, SA342L, and SA342 Mistral.

Is there a chance we can have a look at the armament control panel for the Mistral? (if there's one)

Also, a question about the Mistral version: is it equipped on the SA-342L or the SA-342M? Is the Mistral variant a separate one altogether? (since it has a different cockpit interior due to the modified armament panel)

Currently the Mistral version has the same control panel as the gun and rocket version. Were going to use it for now until we can find a real world one to model.

Maybe someone on CheckSix or the Virtual 229th 1st Cav website knows something. Many real-life military pilots hang around these parts. I'm sure you know them already ;)

Edited by Charly_Owl

What is the range of the mistral missile?

Is it heat seeking?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.