f-16c and mi-24 from 2008

OMG this looks beautiful:

attachment.php?attachmentid=18173&d=1215631205

attachment.php?attachmentid=18172&d=1215631189

attachment.php?attachmentid=18176&d=1215631248

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting, nice find :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The F-16c is still listed on the roadmap as in progress, but don't want to give any hopes up. They are two airframes I would love.

The roadmap is unofficial and may not reflect the current ED stance.

Anyway, they also teased Apache cockpit back in those days. But I can only quote Matt Wagner's signature here ;)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The roadmap is unofficial and may not reflect the current ED stance.

Anyway, they also teased Apache cockpit back in those days. But I can only quote Matt Wagner's signature here ;)

This cockpit?

all_037a_014.jpg

• Like 1

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Belsimtek said they were working on a Mi-24P Hind, myabe project on hold until ED can solve the AI copilot thingie. About the Viper, If ever completed will catapult DCS World to a whole new level.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

My estimation is, that the F-18 was prioritized because they got access to more accurate data, also it will appeal to bigger audience than F-16. Apache and Hind are very limited without AI copilot and dual seat option which started to "work" just recently. Leatherneck sim. are working on AI copilot which with any luck will be possible to adapt to other air frames too.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

You think the f-18 will appeal to a bigger audience? I agree about the ai with the apache or the hind or other two seater that needs both to fight. Ah either way I will get the f-18 and f-16 if they ever make it and pretty much any 4th or 5th gen fighter for attack aircraft.

Edited by agentdarnell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i am pretty ok with a flyable f-16 mod with a f-18 cockpit. but ai model needs huge improvement visually.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

You think the f-18 will appeal to a bigger audience? I agree about the ai with the apache or the hind or other two seater that needs both to fight. Ah either way I will get the f-18 and f-16 if they ever make it and pretty much any 4th or 5th gen fighter for attack aircraft.

F-18 can be used in more scenarios than F-16. It has wider potential customer base than F-16. But of course I cannot tell if it will sell better than F-16 if it will ever be made.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

If we're gonna resurrect old Plans from 2008,

I'll take my DCS: A-10A Suite 2 Thanks.

As for the F-16.....

-There was no Ground Radar in DCS in 2008, and it's still being developed NOW for that matter.

-Have to Choose a specific Feature Set for a Specific Block, there are at least 3-4 Dozen Variants now between Blocks and Country Specific Mods.

-Airframe, Engine and Most of the Cockpit systems for the -C are Public Knowledge already, That's not an Issue

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

soon Servers like Blueflag cant simulate a realistic and balanced secenario anymore, with 90% blue airplanes :/

Why is it 90% blue aircraft? You still have the same red aircraft, just even the odds a little with the new blue aircraft. You have all the red fc3 aircraft( su-27, su-25t, mig 29s,mig 29a, su-33) plus mig 21and the helicopters. Blue you have f-15, mirage 2000, a-10 a, and a-10c, and the two helicopters. Hey I am all for them having any modern fighter no matter the country. Then I would be happy to have ww2 fighters and bombers and Korean era and Vietnam era, but I really would like a few 4th gen first.

Edited by agentdarnell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why is it 90% blue aircraft? You still have the same red aircraft, just even the odds a little with the new blue aircraft. You have all the red fc3 aircraft( su-27, su-25t, mig 29s,mig 29a, su-33) plus mig 21and the helicopters. Blue you have f-15, mirage 2000, a-10 a, and a-10c, and the two helicopters. Hey I am all for them having any modern fighter no matter the country. Then I would be happy to have ww2 fighters and bombers and Korean era and Vietnam era, but I really would like a few 4th gen first.

he has a valid point and he surely meant planes in DCS level and not the gamy FC3 level.

In a year from now we will have those confirmed close to release or released aircrafts:

RED:

MiG21

L39 (i cound it in cause of the high quality, it has a very low impact in Blue Flag)

Mi8

Ka-50

Blue:

F5

M2000

Viggen

F18C

F14

Harrier

A10C

Huey

Gazelle

Bo105

not far from 90% blue indeed, the MiG21 is indeed alone.

Edited by TomCatMucDe
  • Like 1

he has a valid point and he surely meant planes in DCS level and not the gamy FC3 level.

In a year from now we will have those confirmed close to release or released aircrafts:

RED:

MiG21

L39 (i cound it in cause of the high quality, it has a very low impact in Blue Flag)

Mi8

Blue:

F5

M2000

Viggen

F18C

F14

Harrier

A10C

Huey

Gazelle

Bo105

not far from 90% blue indeed, the MiG21 is indeed alone.

Would the Ka-50 not be on the list? Heck I would lo e for them to bring the the the fc3 up to par and now with the mirage III that looks like on the horizon should open up more.

Heck with the world in the state it is in you can have red F-14, f-5, from Iranand Pakistan mirage IIIvs the US blue. Or other scenario.

Hey more jets the married I say. Bring them on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There was an AH-64 coming at one time too. So what? Old dead news.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Would the Ka-50 not be on the list? Heck I would lo e for them to bring the the the fc3 up to par and now with the mirage III that looks like on the horizon should open up more.

Heck with the world in the state it is in you can have red F-14, f-5, from Iranand Pakistan mirage IIIvs the US blue. Or other scenario.

Hey more jets the married I say. Bring them on.

You are right. Forgot the Ka50. I edit and add it.

I didn't add on the blue side Hawk and C101 because of their current states

Perhaps BlueFlag will simply have to come up with a scenario where all of these aircraft face one another instead of the typical soviet vs nato type battle we see.

The Cold War is a turning point in aviation. The aircraft design from each side have different philosophies and that make them interesting. Now we have only the NATO technology. It's really a pity.

I don't buy the argument of Russians being secret on technology they obsoleted themselves, not to say that their tech became public knowledge with the imploding of USSR and the forming of new republics that handed over the technology to NATO or even exchanged hardware.

What i meant was, right now almost all a/c in production are blue.

FC3 has more red yes but I dont count SFM as a simulated plane ;)

And except for the ones listed by tomcat, there are no red planes except the Tu22 but this will take years....

All Im saying is, we need more red planes for the future, or all servers have to "balance" out the planesets

Only FC3 Aircraft that's SFM is MiG-29 and Su-33 which will change soon enough.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Only FC3 Aircraft that's SFM is MiG-29 and Su-33 which will change soon enough.

these will get a PFM quite soon.

However, they remain FC3 level. The pilots has a light workload compared to the real deal.

I hope sooner than later, ED will upgrade the Su25 to match A10C, and Mig29/Su33 to match the F18C. Then it's a fair fight, fair in terms of both sides having realistic planes.