24/7 Online Dynamic PvP Campaign for DCS World 1.5

Created by:

Xcom , Greg, Crash, Ciribob

SERVER NAME : 373vFS DCS GREECE SERVER

SERVER STATUS : ONLINE FOR TESTING

ROUND 6

OFFICIAL START : Saturday 21st May at 19:00 ZULU

OFFICIAL END : Sunday 5th June at 21:00 ZULU

Round 6 will be on the stable version of DCS World. It will run for 16 days if no other victory conditions occur first.

REAL TIME WEB BASED MAP : http://gadget-buddyspike.rhcloud.com/

Check the Campaign's status on a real time basis.

SOP - INFO :

We highly recommend you to place the autoexec.cfg file to your saved games/dcs/config folder for better connection in the server (less lag) as 104th & TAW proposed.

Link: http://www.foinikas.org/ftp/public/DCS_World/Briefings/Buddy%20Spike/autoexec.rar

autoexec.cfg file should include one of the following:

For 8Mbit down and 2Mbit up:

if not net then net = {} end
net.download_speed = 1024*1024
net.upload_speed = 256*1024

or

For 2Mbit down and 1Mbit up:

if not net then net = {} end
net.download_speed = 256*1024
net.upload_speed =  128*1024

Russian Version* needs to be updated :

*Huge thanks to [HA]CiberAlex & [HA]Sonic for their kindly offer to translate it for the Russian community.

"BUDDY SPIKE" WEBSITE: www.buddyspike.net

Teamspeak IP: 89.163.173.82:1337

No password needed

BLUE HQ FORUM : http://www.buddyspike.net/forum/m/32856486/viewforum/6225142

RED HQ FORUM : http://www.buddyspike.net/forum/m/32856486/viewforum/6225137

REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN DURING THE CAMPAIGN

FEEL FREE TO REGISTER YOUR SQUADRON OR AS A LONEWOLF HERE : http://www.buddyspike.net/blueflagreg *Register and join www.buddyspike.net first

Changelog for the 6th round

- Razbam's Mirage 2000C slots available only for Blue side (Currently available also for Red side due to MiG-21 bugs. It will stay like this for the whole round)

- MiG-21 slots available only for Red side

- Added Gazelle module (slots to be added in airbases)

- Dedicated squadron slots removed

- Added “Choose side” function. Each pilot must pick a side through the DCS chat the 1st time he enters the server.

- No Air to Air missiles limitations

- Choppers transport 850 fuel cargo instead of 500.

- Added AI Fuel transport aircraft.

- Added AI Bombing script (reconnaissance tasks added)

- Seperate lives system for choppers (4x lives for aircraft / 8x for choppers)

- Mission session time changed back to 3x hours

- Various tweaks on ground units positions

- Random weather versions on each mission restart removed (Clear, Rain, Overcast)

- Various server & script tweaks to improve performance and reduce downtimes.

- New real time map layout and structure (http://gadget-buddyspike.rhcloud.com)

- Available Weapons :

All Air to Air missiles

Air to Ground:

All A-G Weapons available except:

Nuclear bombs

KH-58s

Squadrons & Lonewolves Registered for Operation "Blue Flag" ROUND 6

LINK: http://www.buddyspike.net/members

Forum signatures for the Operation "Blue Flag" created by 373vFS_Crash

Enjoy!

attachment.php?attachmentid=121507&d=1442438621

attachment.php?attachmentid=121508&d=1442438621

PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD IN CASE THE SERVER CRASHES - OR REPORTED DOWN. Thanks in advance

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So stoked! First BF I'll be participating in fully.

Skylake 6600K(4.5GHz) | EVGA GTX970 FTW | 16GB 2666 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | MSI Z170A Krait | Windows 10 (64bit) | X52 Pro | TrackIR 5

Hawk T.1A | F-15C | F-86F | UH-1H | A-10C | P-51D | F-5E | M-2000C

USAF Pilot w/ T-6/T-38 Time

I joined the hawk today and could not get fuel in it from any base.

EDIT: This was a client side problem. I had to reinstall hawk and now I am having no problems

Edited by mia389

Best thing in DCS.

however just a note from a tester, The performance today was quite bad compared to the last 2 weeks. Vr. 3.7 and 3.8 might have broken something.

Of course...

Once announcing the official start everything goes wrong.

Murphy's law :D

Reverted back to 3.7. Let's see if that was the issue.

Greg

Just encountered a bug: Took off from Sochi with troops and a Stinger loaded in my Huey. IASGATG cleared the Maykop/Sochi FARP and I took it, and then took off again with more troops, and was told I had six lives left rather than seven. I hadn't died at any point, but because I had captured a FARP I had effectively lost a life. Seems a bit unfair to be punished for completing objectives.

Just encountered a bug: Took off from Sochi with troops and a Stinger loaded in my Huey. IASGATG cleared the Maykop/Sochi FARP and I took it, and then took off again with more troops, and was told I had six lives left rather than seven. I hadn't died at any point, but because I had captured a FARP I had effectively lost a life. Seems a bit unfair to be punished for completing objectives.

Ha ha, this was happening to me too. Took off from one FARP in a Ka-50. Destroyed, and captured 3 FARPs. Got shot down at the last FARP, zero lives left. Not sure, but I landed at all the FARPs we captured, so maybe it didn't give my life back, and subtracted another when I took off.

Is there an option to deactivate the takeoff and landing messages for both sides ?

Imho it kind of reduces the effectiveness of an group effort, if the enemy side sees a 5 ship group take of from the same airport/farp, they can pretty much guess what they are probably going to take.

It kind of defeats the effort to get a strike group to the objective without beeing spoted by enemy EWR. The messages are literally the best EWR to a good GCI.

It also works the other way around, there is a player which is as it seems setting up defences for FARPs all the time, and that is a good thing, but if we know he is taking of/landing at a farp just by messages popping up in the event history, we are going to simply know without any reason that there is probably some kind of AA trap.

I mean its not jeopardizing everything, its a rather small issue for me, I just have the feeling the experience would be nicer without the player has taken of from or landed at messages

because the element of surprise would be bigger. :)

Apart from that, I really love blue flag and think the buddyspike team is doing a great job ! :)

Yee, heard of the same issue, with taking of from captured FARPs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Of course...

Once announcing the official start everything goes wrong.

Murphy's law :D

Reverted back to 3.7. Let's see if that was the issue.

Greg

I know that way too well. Kinda amazing it started just as the mission getting out of testing.

I do hope that the life system gets removed, its great on paper but i lost 2 to D/C and the rest to friendly fire.

Is there an option to deactivate the takeoff and landing messages for both sides ?

Imho it kind of reduces the effectiveness of an group effort, if the enemy side sees a 5 ship group take of from the same airport/farp, they can pretty much guess what they are probably going to take.

It kind of defeats the effort to get a strike group to the objective without beeing spoted by enemy EWR. The messages are literally the best EWR to a good GCI.

It also works the other way around, there is a player which is as it seems setting up defences for FARPs all the time, and that is a good thing, but if we know he is taking of/landing at a farp just by messages popping up in the event history, we are going to simply know without any reason that there is probably some kind of AA trap.

I mean its not jeopardizing everything, its a rather small issue for me, I just have the feeling the experience would be nicer without the player has taken of from or landed at messages

Apart from that, I really love blue flag and think the buddyspike team is doing a great job ! :)

Yes pls, it reveals pretty much actually.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

on the lag: My game shutters once every 10-20 sec as long as i am near a farp/airport. Same if players are or come into my vecinity. it was defently better a few days ago. no problem even with 50 people on server, now i get those stutters even with maybe 20 online

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Ha ha, this was happening to me too. Took off from one FARP in a Ka-50. Destroyed, and captured 3 FARPs. Got shot down at the last FARP, zero lives left. Not sure, but I landed at all the FARPs we captured, so maybe it didn't give my life back, and subtracted another when I took off.

This sounds right, meaning by how the scripts work it would happen, not that it should happen :)

We will have a look on how to solve this problem, thanks for letting us know about it!

I agree, but Unfortunately, at the moment there is no way to omit these messages with how the events are used. This is an issue that we will raise with ED to hopefully allow events to keep running while they are marked not to be shown.

In addition, I would like to make notice of an exploit we saw on the server.

A player ran 2 machines while one machine had been on the GCI slot and the other was the playing machine, so in theory it would allow someone to have complete SA of what is around him.

We take seriously exploiting and will not tolerate it, such actions will result in a permanent ban.

Please play fair and enjoy the great challenges Blue Flag has to offer!

Edited by xcom

Can you also trace down Leavu users, cause they are doing the same thing, even easier. I was hoping the official start will happen after you guys have the ability to block Leavu, cause I simply don't fall for promises...

Did he have a star in his name by any chance?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Mirage turns far better than any other aircraft in DCS has similar to AIM-7 plus AIM-9, powerful radar, uber damage model and Blue ones are now taking off from Krasnodar.

I hope you keep Mirage on Red side too. ;)

If they keep the Mirage in Red they needs to let us know because I will stop being a mercenary on the Blue side! :smilewink:

If they keep the Mirage in Red they needs to let us know because I will stop being a mercenary on the Blue side! :smilewink:

Yes we will keep it as it is for now as the round starts tomorrow and won't like to change it in the middle ;)

Also the new pdf file is up:

[ame]http://www.foinikas.org/ftp/public/DCS_World/Briefings/Buddy%20Spike/SOP%20OPERATION%20BLUE%20FLAG.pdf[/ame]

Greg

Please stop this... Life stuff. The server is not stable enough for this. We are losing lives because of server cashes and lag of enemy planes and our self. I am not saying that having a life limit is isn't a good idea. I actually think it's great. But with this netcode and server stability it's really annoying to lose lives because of those factors. And i''s a test anyway right... So why not let them test it to the fullest till the stability is fixed. So you can start testing with lives. DCS is a long term commitment anyway. So before we have dedicated servers and improved netcode we better just keep testing and provide network information to Eagle Dynamics.

This game mode has the potential to be unforgettable... But that is not really happening if we don't have reliable server code and stability. Unless the guy's from blue flag know more about what is coming than these tests are going not far. The only thing you are optimizing is non sufficient netcode and server tools. And with every update it's guessing if it will work. But if you already have a stable netcode and server tools you have a little bit more room to play around with less efficient scripts and mission code. Right now you have to code it perfectly to be on the edge of being stable or not being stable. I would really like some more news and info on the progress of the netcode and dedicated server tool. Right now we only talk about modules... But those modules are not going to be played to heir limits, strengths and weaknesses unless you have a good and stable coop netcode and Team VS Team and both sides AI.

me as a simple mind can still have fun in this. But a lot of people will stop playing this once the hype of this misson is over. Till it's good again.

I know the concerns of this being degraded to air quake. But the ranges are just to far for that.

Please let the Eagle Dynamics network code and dedicated server gods react on this. What is the progress... Why should i keep playing these game modes? Is it because that you get more data to create better netcode? Are you working together with the more popular servers to get more data to fix this. Am i asking to much?

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.