f 15 perfectly manuverable

wilbur81

I have to agree with the OP, the Eagle's FM is great.

Now, all of you who hate this thing's awesome performance...Wait until the Hornet and Typhoon come out. One will run rings around you for ~270 degrees, the other will go uphill and laugh at you.

If you want an Eagle that's a bit more brick-ish...Look for a combat loaded F-15E - Edit: Or a three bag C, though I think we went through that already...LOL!

Lord of Salt

I, for one, when flying in the F-15 am so perfectly impressed by how manuverable the plane is that I often forget that I am not actually flying the real thing.

I also contemplate that if I had a girlfriend, I would remark to her that because the F-15 is so perfectly manuverable that I would vie that my skills against any data produced trying to prove otherwise.

I am glad someone came out and said what we have all been thinking...well done chaps!

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

Despite its impressive size, the F-15 is a nimble navigator.

The F-15 is a predator.

It has 2 sidewinders and 6 AMRAAMS

N I M B L E N A V I G A T O R

I &

M H I G H E N E R G Y

B I

L G

E H

N E

A N

V E

I R

G G

A Y

T

O

R

Edited by RoflSeal

The F 15 is very manuvrable. And Yeah its fine xD my favorite plane in DCS.

I was just tired of seeing that other thread heading every time I entered the forum. :-)

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I am unsure of the Eagle is, in fact, maneuverable.

Don't be led to the dark side by disbeliebers. The Eagle is very perfectly manuverable.

Accelerates in the climb, agile at low altitude, comfortable at high altitude, and lethal in the attack. Also this vid show that even under heavy, heavy load the Eagle still performs brilliantly.

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

The F-15 is also highly flexible and supple.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

The F-15 isn't just maneuverable, but its agile - You cannot say the same thing about Su-27 or MiG-29.

Don't necessarily disagree with that but what do you mean by 'agile'? Roll rate?

Slightly O/T: I can totally understand why McDonnell Douglass called their aircraft "Eagle". I read a book about them after hearing that the Dutch police are training eagles to catch drones in mid-air. My immediate thought was that propellers on a drone would hurt the eagle's feet. Nope. Turns out eagles are the avian equivalent of honey badgers: flying death machines!!

Edited by DarkFire

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Don't necessarily disagree with that but what do you mean by 'agile'? Roll rate?

Slightly O/T: I can totally understand why McDonnell Douglass called their aircraft "Eagle". I read a book about them after hearing that the Dutch police are training eagles to catch drones in mid-air. My immediate thought was that propellers on a drone would hurt the eagle's feet. Nope. Turns out eagles are the avian equivalent of honey badgers: flying death machines!!

Yep, roll/pitch/yaw rate, probably some other factors I'm not thinking of atm...The FCS plays a part as well I think.

Lord of Salt

Don't be led to the dark side by disbeliebers. The Eagle is very perfectly manuverable.

Accelerates in the climb, agile at low altitude, comfortable at high altitude, and lethal in the attack. Also this vid show that even under heavy, heavy load the Eagle still performs brilliantly.

Photoshop. :lol:

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

The Eagle has 8 talons

The F-15 Eagle can carry up to 8 missiles

Coincidence? I think not.

ahem

127926654.jpg

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

Yep, roll/pitch/yaw rate, probably some other factors I'm not thinking of atm...The FCS plays a part as well I think.

Not just the rate.. in degrees per second.. but what leads to rate - rotational acceleration in all axes... it truly is the nimblest of predators!

I wonder though.. since slow speed scissoring and "hanging midair" is quite a common occurrence in DCS dogfights, imagine having an RCS system installed, like in spacecraft, tiny little thrusters for rotational control, even at zero speed! Would be better than vectored thrust in zero speed situations.

eh4sxhgg6j2dgusgtg0m.jpg

F15sa

The F-15SA is a new version for the Saudi Arabian Air Force. The F-15SA will have a modern fly-by-wire flight control system in place of the hybrid electronic/mechanical system used by all previous F-15s. The variant includes the APG-63(v)3 active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar, digital electronic warfare systems (DEWS), infrared search and track (IRST) systems, and other advanced systems. It also includes a redesigned cockpit originally intended for the F-15SE.[98][123][124] The fly-by-wire system will allow the carriage of weapons on the previously unused outer wing weapon stations.[125]

Edited by pr1malr8ge

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.