New File Integrity Check

Shahdoh

First off, I love that file integrity check is back working again. Though before, it checked the files on the server vs the client, so mods could be included at the servers choice. Now it seems to check against only the original DCS files. Is this still possible somehow (to include mods at servers choice) or will it be available in the future?

I don't know. With how this specific system is implemented it is not currently possible. If you are running a non-modded install then on the plus side it shouldn't be possible to bypass it unlike the old system.

The other part of the question is what sort of mods did you want to IC?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

For me, would be simple things like additional items added to the inventories like racing pylons. Need the integrity checks for the aircraft, but right now, cant even add a simple pylon to the game and still use the system.

I know other server admins have custom vehicles or other mods they would like to enforce on their servers as well.

You mentioned the other one could be gotten around? Mind saying how? Was not aware there was a way.

Thanks

No, it will not.

It is also a way to enforce running with certain desired modifications.

IC is for anti-cheating. If you want to use some mods may not pass the IC, you shall build a sever with IC Off. Allowing add or modify some files of the game will make the IC meaningless.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The issue I have with the new IC is that it enforces a "pure" client. If you have for example, 476th FG's range units, which do not alter any vanilla game files in any way and only adds new units, it triggers the IC and will not let you join a server without removing it. If it functions like this for some other mods (i.e. land texture mods, have not had the chance to test these in 2.0) it may heavily restrict not only mods, but the servers you can join while having any mods installed, regardless of the mod's purpose.

If this IC will remain as it is, it would be a good idea to have a built-in mod manager similar to the Arma 3 system.

The issue I have with the new IC is that it enforces a "pure" client. If you have for example, 476th FG's range units, which do not alter any vanilla game files in any way and only adds new units, it triggers the IC and will not let you join a server without removing it. If it functions like this for some other mods (i.e. land texture mods, have not had the chance to test these in 2.0) it may heavily restrict not only mods, but the servers you can join while having any mods installed, regardless of the mod's purpose.

If this IC will remain as it is, it would be a good idea to have a built-in mod manager similar to the Arma 3 system.

Mako brings up a very good point. Mods add great value to the game. Having a built-in mod manager aka Arma 3 is a great idea and benefit to everyone.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep no more sound mods, or texture mods on integrity checked servers, eg every combat server.

Are you sure it's only on MP? When I updated the openalpha I wasn't even able to start DCS. Was a real bummer. I love to see the integrity check being back but the current one leaves a little to be desired. :/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds like a separate issue. From what I could see, the IC only checks for connecting to an IC'd server. I even had a server up with a mod with IC enabled. Server was up, but no one could connect whether they were IC compliant or with the same mod.

oh, so i don't have the choice for textures anymore? There are many reasons to have a costomizable IC so that you can select parts of a game you consider non-damaging for your server. In addition, running a mod airplane on your server, does not mean you want to let all players mod their game freely :)

I won't try to bring any connection within dlc textures or anything, but i sure do hope this isn't to block out modders even more.

having new sounds mods may also be bad for multiplayer if the sounds if too much it can create stutters or lags same as textures.. so i do not mind this off.. even good. but Cockpits languages should be allowed or implemented in the Sim ..

having new sounds mods may also be bad for multiplayer if the sounds if too much it can create stutters or lags same as textures.. so i do not mind this off.. even good. but Cockpits languages should be allowed or implemented in the Sim ..

Source? I haven't seen anything that seems to suggest sound or texture mods cause issues for the server in any way.

Funny how this happens and people start ringing alarm bells without reading Skate's instructions on how to make a mod that will work.

Funny this happens on the eve of DLC texture packs. :huh:
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Funny how this happens and people start ringing alarm bells without reading Skate's instructions on how to make a mod that will work.

I have not seen this maby you could LINK to it?

i like this idea MP IC....RIP LEAVU 3 and Missile mod users, and BS like this that doesnt belong in MP.

Edited by OldE24

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

I have not seen this maby you could LINK to it?

Maybe if you cared to watch what goes in in the mod section ... in fact I didn't realize it was a post by Alex, and it is a sticky (Skate has been helping a lot with questions regarding mod construction):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89164

i like this idea MP IC....RIP LEAVU 3 and Missile mod users, and BS like this that doesnt belong in MP.

LEAVU won't show up in IC. Ever.

The missile mod wasn't being used on servers that didn't want it, as it was part of their IC check.

Those of us who want to use it can and will continue to do so without any problems whatsoever.

Whatever we want to belong in MP ... will belong in MP :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Until you linked it in the thread above, many, myself included had no idea. But thanks for the link. :noexpression:

Edited by GaryIKILLYOU

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5