POLL: which 5 TEW missions should be converted to MP?

POLL: which 5 TEW missions should be converted to MP?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. POLL: which 5 TEW missions should be converted to MP?

• M03 Patrol near the border
    • M05 Hammerfall patrol
    • M06 Hammerfall 2
    • M07 Hammerfall 3
    • M10 Birds of Prey
    • M11 Scramble
    • M15 Leave no man behind
    • M16 OP Thunder
    • M19 OP Massada
    • M20 The last tank

Hey guys,

As promised on the release, I would like to ask you which 5 missions from the campaign would you like to have in MP? I will work on these together with all the bug fixes and improvements I plan for the campaign. Please choose five from the list, I left out those which would not be best suited for MP. I didn't set the limit of missions you can vote for, but ideally it would be 5!

Also, along with this, I need your advice on the following:

In SP there is a lot of chatter between the wingma(e)n and player.

I think leaving all those on in the MP would somehow kill the immersion, but taking them out would deprive players of some of the storyline etc. On the other hand, I assume that people flying MP missions don't need all the background stuff anyway. So in short - do you think I should remove all the chatter between player and wingmen and remove player's voice from his comms with Overlord and other assets?

Many thanks for your thoughts on this!

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hammerfall 3 in the lead now, good choice so far. :)

I think some conversations, e.g. between lead and wingman or between lead and Overlord, won't hurt, even if the missions are flown by 3 or more players. Always nice for immersion to have some chatter. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

tried to convert them myself sometimes failing, coop´s the way to go:D

maybe some non story line chit chat between wingmen might be obsolete? but everything else would definitely add to the immersion i think.

u could make answering ground forces or awacs with the radio yourself, say for the flight leader only so u and your fellow dudes arent talking whilst voice overs kick in. for example u radio in when on station via the comms menu and then the voiceover starts or somehtin like that. not sure if that was already done so - its been a while.

cheers

Edited by rogonaut

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, and about the comms - I will most probably remove the chit-chat with wingman that is not mission critical and will remove pilot voiceovers while leaving the text should you respond with something in kind. Think that would be the best option.

Hey guys,

Unfortunately there is a bug which makes it difficult to use missions as they are with radio transmissions (which take into account correct frequency settings etc). As things stand now sometimes clients will not hear any comms - only the host always hears everything. This is very random and sometimes shows up, sometime doesn't, but I don't want to release the MP missions which work randomly ;) So I will have to convert all the radio transmissions to "message to" triggers, which would probably take some more time...

ED are aware of the problem, but have lots of other more important things to fix and move forward at this time. So I ask you for some more patience.

So I will have to convert all the radio transmissions to "message to" triggers, which would probably take some more time...

Too bad. I think using actual in-game radio transmissions is so much more fun, and so much more realistic. Then again, the problems with radio transmissions in MP have been there for a long time, it's probably best to work around that, and not wait however long it may take ED to fix the underlying problem.

• 1 year later...