F86 gun over heat?

Hi.

I updated to 1.5.3 recently and when fighting in the F86 instantly noticed what i assume to be gun over heating. Even firing my regular short bursts either on migs or ground targets i see my shot pattern/dispersion really open up to quite large and unrealistic levels, and when i say short bursts i mean 2-3 half to 1 second bursts, however unlike the P51 if you fly around a bit the guns do cool down and the dispersion shrinks back down again.

Anyone else notice this?

The F86 really needs some love from the devs in terms of guns and gunsight, and the overheat seem over done to me, but the plane itself is now a joy to fly after recent improvements.

Also for anyone who thinks the sight brightness is now to low and has problems seeing it:- turn the brightness to max and turn on the secondary element, theres a key binding in the controls, but if you want to mouse click its behind the stick near the floor.

Devs please look at the sights too, the mech cage sight needs depressing approx 6mils and 8-10mils for the gyro sight.

Edited by Hubert Bigglesworth

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the F86.lua file shows some strange figures.

The ANM3 guns show barrel weight as 1.3 (KG?) way way too low and body (receiver?) weight as 0.7 (KG?) again way way too low, the total real gun weight is 61Lbs or 28KG approx, in game it weighs 2 KG? total.

Could this be responsible for the crazy level of overheating/dispersion i'm seeing?

If the barrels got this hot a stoppage would occur long before the barrel was shot out to produce this kind of dispersion.

This change happened a couple of updates ago. The old numbers were barrel 2.7, body 14.3 .(Still way to light IRL if these numbers = KG's)

Also the shot heat is different to that of the .50 cals in the P51.

Edited by Hubert Bigglesworth