Upcoming RDI Radar changes

Zeus67

Hello folks,

As the title says, here I am going to post about the changes that are being made to the RDI radar. My goal is to reach 80% fidelity since 100% is not realistic for obvious reasons.

Okay the upcoming changes are:

• Radar antenna azimuth sector search (used when the selected search azimuth is less than 60º). (enabled)
  • Radar antenna elevation. (enabled)
  • Radar antenna stabilization (both roll and pitch). Requires radar antenna elevation. (enabled)
  • Radar PRF selection.
  • Target lock limitations. Requires radar PRF selection.
  • IFF interrogation. Requires radar PRF selection. (enabled)
  • Super 530D launch limitations. Requires target lock limitations.
  • Autolock. Requires target lock limitations.
  • Auto STT. Requires target lock limitations.
  • Doppler filtering.
  • Target Lost Memory.
  • NCTR. Requires PRF selection.
  • Radar screen realignment and upgrade. Includes symbology and TDC.
  • Warm-up period. (enabled) Now you have to warm the radar for 2 minutes if you use the Pre Heat option. 3 if you don't.
  • Built-in test.

Unfortunately the A/G modes are not possible at this time since they require A/G radar support. They will be incorporated when the A/G radar support becomes available.

Edited by Zeus67
  • Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Maybe good idea is to implement real time for warm up from ramp (cold and dark) start also?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ok, does it needs the A/G radar support by ED, seams like a simple functionality ?

Wasn't there a ground avoidance mode ?

yea the Ground Avoidance mode is the thing that cant be implemented untill A/G radar support.

And To Zeus.

I know we are all greedy ungratefull inpatient bastards ^^ but...

Eta? :joystick:

yea the Ground Avoidance mode is the thing that cant be implemented untill A/G radar support.

And To Zeus.

Ground avoidance has nothing to do with A-G, that's why I didn't mention it.

I don't think it needs anything from A/G radar, my understanding is ground avoidance is merely something that checks if there is any obstacle in front of the aircraft and send pull commands to the flight controls if something is detected that risk a ground collision.

This is much different from low altitude penetration mode that maps the ground in order to allow very low flying.

Edited by PiedDroit

What are the RDI Air/Ground capabilities ?

Terrain mapping and Terrain avoidance.

In this case terrain avoidance is a subset of terrain mapping. It color codes terrain above and below the aircraft's altitude. Green for below, red for above. It is a really good feature in low level flight. It also warns you when you get too close to terrain below or on the sides.

One interesting feature is that while you cannot lock a target in this mode, if you enter this mode with a locked target you don't lose the lock. So you can ambush high flying aircraft by flying low.

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

And To Zeus.

It will be ready when it is ready. I will post the advances here so don't worry.

Terrain mapping? Flabbergasting! I genuinely though this radar couldn't do that.

The only thing this radar cannot do is discriminate ground contacts.