Simple Range Script

Ciribob

I've knocked together a simple Range Script inspired by SNAFU's original here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109174

It has the ability to track all bombs / rockets fired at a Trigger Zone as well as counting shots fired at a strafe pit.

I highly recommend this script is used with this great mod: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=287

It also includes a per user and server wide scoreboard for bombing runs and strafe pit runs. The score will be kept until the mission changes, even if you leave the server and rejoin or change aircrafts. There is an option to reset your personal score if you want :)

Download and Guide: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRangeScript

Quick demo mission run through. The demo mission is purposely sparse and uses no mods so anyone can give it a quick try

Please let me know if you need any help setting it up or have any suggestions or even if you use it! :)

Edited by Ciribob
  • Like 2

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Ah same the +5 above ground. Its a bit troublesome for low angle rockets. The strafe process is very similar, but the messaging flow for each person is much nicer. It's also cool how you don't need to list the pilots and units on the range, it just grabs them. This script will feature very highly on our maps, thanks you loads!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Ah same the +5 above ground. Its a bit troublesome for low angle rockets. The strafe process is very similar, but the messaging flow for each person is much nicer. It's also cool how you don't need to list the pilots and units on the range, it just grabs them. This script will feature very highly on our maps, thanks you loads!

No worries! Let me know if you have any issues :)

As I said in the PM, I'll work on the bombing targets calculation as you're right in that low angle rocket attacks won't be marked as accurately.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

New version of the Simple Range Script v.1.1

Make sure you have the latest MIST 4.0.57 !

Change log:

• Added Weapon type used on the bombing target to the results display
  • Increased personal score boards to 20 rather than 10 entries
  • Increased Server score length to top 15 rather than top 10
  • Changed system for measuring distance from target to weapon impact for better accuracy

Download and Guide: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRangeScript

Is this script able to track both rockets lauched in a pairs? (common Ka-50 situation)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Yes it'll track un guided rockets fine, no matter how many you fire.

For guided, it depends on what weapon category they're in. You can make it track more weapon types by editing this line: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRangeScript/blob/master/rangescript.lua#L303

Is the script for the A-10C only or does it work with any DCS World aircraft? I can see this being very useful for creating A2G training mission! Great work!

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Is the script for the A-10C only or does it work with any DCS World aircraft? I can see this being very useful for creating A2G training mission! Great work!

It notice the bomb, rocket or gun impact, not the aircraft.

Edit: Problems:

I run your test mission and i fly over the red smoke at the begin of the Range - but i don`t get the message "New callsign rolling in on left zone"!

Problem with the message system under stable 1.5.2?

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

It notice the bomb, rocket or gun impact, not the aircraft.

Edit: Problems:

I run your test mission and i fly over the red smoke at the begin of the Range - but i don`t get the message "New callsign rolling in on left zone"!

Problem with the message system under stable 1.5.2?

Make sure you jump in slot, wait a few seconds and then change slot first if you're testing it through the mission editor.

The script won't be loaded when you first jump in so won't track whether you're in a zone or not. The script uses the spawn event to add the tracking code so it'll work for all the player aircraft in a mission.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent script Ciribob :thumbup: Silly question. Is it possible to alter the script so that it calculates the distance from the center of the object instead of center of the circles. I am having a little difficulties aligning the circles with the targets. Old man shaking hands :-D

Cheers

Hans

Excellent script CiribobSilly question. Is it possible to alter the script so that it calculates the distance from the center of the object instead of center of the circles. I am having a little difficulties aligning the circles with the targets. Old man shaking hands :-D

Cheers

Hans

No question is a silly question :)

Currently that's not possible as I found the bombing calculation was less accurate with a unit rather then a circle.

You can edit the alpha of the trigger zone so its easier to see and align.

I'll have a look as well at having both units and trigger zones as targets. :)

• Like 1

The maxAlt parameter:

{
       -- GROUP NAME for the unit whos waypoints enclose the target
       name = "NorthStrafePit-Unit",
       maxAlt = 1500,
       goodPass = 20,
       targets = {'NorthStrafePit'}, -- which target(s) are valid for this zone - Unit Names
   },

is this the max attitude allowed for aircaft to register as shooter over the range (so you need to stay above or below this value)?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Take note, I'm pretty sure that value is in meters in the script. Not feet.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

Yup Steggles is right, its in meters.

The parameter maxAlt controls the maximum height you're allowed to strafe a target from in meters. If you're above this altitude it won't register your rolling in on the target.

If you want to keep the gun runs low, set it to a low value :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

Thank you for writing this awesome script, i'm almost a total "virgin" to the mission editor and i was able to make it work, almost!

I have a problem with bombing targets, i've placed a trigger zone over an object, both were named conventional1, and "conventional1" was added to the "zone names" list.

When i bomb the target the script recognize it as target1 and not as the name of the object and trigger zone (conventional1) i specified. I didnt place any other trigger zone for this test, so i'm confused.

Could you help me by any chance?

Thank you!

Hello!

Thank you for writing this awesome script, i'm almost a total "virgin" to the mission editor and i was able to make it work, almost!

I have a problem with bombing targets, i've placed a trigger zone over an object, both were named conventional1, and "conventional1" was added to the "zone names" list.

When i bomb the target the script recognize it as target1 and not as the name of the object and trigger zone (conventional1) i specified. I didnt place any other trigger zone for this test, so i'm confused.

Could you help me by any chance?

Thank you!

Can you post your mission? The script should always take the name of the closest Trigger Zone when you hit and use that for the message.

• 3 months later...

This is really awesome :thumbup: A couple of notes though.

- In the Test Range mission, the 'rangescript' states, "Requires MIST 4.0.57 or newer!", but the mist.lua included in the mission is 4.0.55.

- The Download and Guide page states "When testing in the mission editor, you'll need to jump into your aircraft or another slot, wait for the rangescript.lua to be loaded and then jump back into your aircraft again". When I load the mission through the Mission menu in DCS World, I still have to do this to get the F10 menu. Without doing this the debrief.log is still written, but the Range Menu just doesn't work.

I'm using the '476th - Air Weapons Range Objects - 15FEB16', which are awesome thumbs-upwink.gif, but had trouble getting the strafe pits to register bullet hits, until I realized that name the static objects 'Strafe Pit Left x' is not the same as 'Strafe pit Left x' :music_whistling:

Many thanks for putting this together thumbs_up.gif

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys for the slow reply, I'll try and check tonight and report if its a bug!