M-2000 Helios Profile

Greekbull

OK thought I would get a thread going and hopefully between the community we can get a good Helios profile going. I've put a couple of hours into it and have taken a Hi Res screen shot and started to modify it into a Helios profile. I plan on doing a day and night version. So far I have zero working switches but I have successfully exported the following into the profile:

Radar

RWR

Coms

Bomb Ripple quantity and interval screen

Stores Management

Fuel Flow

I want to clean it up and will post for anyone to use. I hope some of you who know more than me can maybe get working or give me pointers on the analog gauges, tapes and switches:D

Here's what it looks like so far(just have the illuminated night profile going):

93F2C9B9-BF62-4269-B13D-D36C381BACEA.jpg

E1B8DE95-1228-4939-8FFD-798F51C680BB.jpg

C28D8EEC-53E1-449C-86DE-E9967A4E97FC.jpg

Edit:

Ok here's a link to my profile: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/syn8qp6b7dduoh4/AAB2KyVJEGe7QWmhAPLr17Fua?dl=0

Instructions:

1.Drop the background into your helios images

2.Load the Profile and do the reset monitors to your system. Mine uses a 4K main display and a 1080P Touchscreen for Helios. So as long as you have a 1920X1080 Helios display you should have an easy time configuring.

3. I have included the .lua file for each of the items I've extracted. You can simply go to your Mods/Aircraft/M-2000/Cockpit file and drop each of those in.

4. I have also included an example of MY Monitor extract file...You will need to change this for your setup and where you want to export each display. I would suggest using one of the easy X,Y cordinate locator programs. Can be done pretty quick:)

Please take this image, files, anything and run with it....This is the most I know to do so far so anyone that knows anything about the gauges, or switches please feel free to run with it:D

I will load my day time when I get it going too...

Edited by Greekbull
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Updated original post with a Dropbox link for the Helios Profile...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

You rock! I'll be downloading it as soon as I'm home after tomorrow. I hope you lol keep it online.

Off topic now, have you done the same for the MiG21?

Thanks again.

Sorry don't have the Mig-21. Your should be fine on the files. I don't plan on taking them down :D

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Damn a Helios profile all ready, YOU ROCK. I've not even got home yet from the Winter hols to even download the Mirage.

Thankyou, will certainly be downloading it first thing on the 2nd when I get home.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Where are the image files?

What does working M-2000 night.lua do and where does it go?

Have you done the day version yet?

Where is your monitor file?

There is a folder labeled Greek's M-2000 helios night profile, but no matter what extract program I use, the folder is empty.

When I tried Zipreader, the following appeared in the log:

12/29/2015 9:57:40 PM] Loading D:\AAAAA DCS Planes\M2000C\heilio\Greek's M-2000 Helios Night Profile.zip (4,294,967,280)

Invalid file name changed to: no_name/ (1,010)

1 errors/warnings (3)

I am still a newbie on Helios.

Edited by sobe
monitor file question

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Are the files from my Dropbox actually downloading? I haven't ever posted a file the public can access....

As far as where to put the stuff you need to get the helios program from Gadrocs workshop. That should also have instructions on basic helios use. I'm certainly no expert on it but I've managed to stumble my way through it.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

I downloaded 8 lua files, a png file and what appears to be a helios profile file plus the empty folder.

I understand enough about Helios to use it and perhaps the empty folder contains the missing files that I need.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

hmmm not sure...I have a couple of squadron mates that were able to get it working. The Lua files all need to go to the B:\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Cockpit files and then be dropped in one by one in Coms, Fuel, 3 in PCA/PPA, RWR, and VTB...Once you've done that you just need to setup the monitor export and your good.

Update: I've started adding switches to the cockpit...so far I've added a working gear lever, master caution switch with cover, and weapons selection buttons. The problem is there aren't normal key bindings for many of the normal cockpit switches. I wonder if we can get Zeus to add that to a later release. As long as there is a keyboard command for each switch in the cockpit it will greatly aid for those of us that would like to have a virtual cockpit for his module:D

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Fantastic you really are cracking on with this profile. Keep up the amazing work, can't wait to see the finished profile.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Very nice, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z, 2600K@4.8GHz, CoolIt Vantage, Corsair 16GB RAM, GTX 1070, SSD, Windows 10 64bit, Cougar MFD, TM Hotas Warthog, Saitek combat pedals, Track IR

• 3 months later...

After a long time not playing the M-2000 and several DCS updates I realised that it did not export the radar to my second monitor.

I reinserted the files from Greekbull into the correct folders and everything work except the radar. Not exporting the radar view is only true in in cockpit view. When I switch to any other view besides the cockpit view, I get the radar exported to my 2nd screen.

Appreciate if some one could help ...

http://imgur.com/a/2R3V7

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z, 2600K@4.8GHz, CoolIt Vantage, Corsair 16GB RAM, GTX 1070, SSD, Windows 10 64bit, Cougar MFD, TM Hotas Warthog, Saitek combat pedals, Track IR

I have used Loz's A10 Helios profile as well as several profiles from Cpt Z, but despite my best efforts, I cannot get this one to work.

I have placed the PNG image "M-2000 Night Profile" file into the Helios/Images folder, but nothing shows.

While I have reset the monitors, I have not used any interface in the Helios drop down menu in the Helios Profile Editor as I am not sure which one, if any, applies????

Also, was a viewport config file included? I could not locate one so I am not sure what to call the various viewports.

Any help on these two issues would be appreciated.

Edited by sobe
typo. New sentence

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have all of the viewports exporting, but the VTB only shows up in External view, not in Cockpit view.

Is this a bug. or is there a fix?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Map the 'Show VTB' or 'VTB on/off toggle' or what ever its called, in your controller options. Cant remember its exact name, buts its something VTB. You need to switch the export on basically.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

AFAIK it has never been a real helios profile. Just a cockpit image over the DCS Viewports. Nothing in it has ever been clickable. No switches. No gauges...

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 10 months later...