Removed

CptSmiley

how about the maximum range limitations ? will I be able to fire 530D if Distance to target>Dmax (target is locked) ?

Yes. The conditions that the missile check are:

- It is in ready status.

- Aircraft speed is above safety speed (to prevent firings from the tarmac).

- There is a locked radar target.

When to fire and at what range are left at pilot's discretion.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to lock and unlock often, so sometimes I forgot the second lock and a couple of missiles go ballistic yeah :P

Well, from this update onwards it won't matter if you forget the second lock. The missile will do that for you. :smartass:

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Well, from this update onwards it won't matter if you forget the second lock. The missile will do that for you. :smartass:

I always believed in God Zeus, I'm reviving this Ancient Greek religion...

I hope the magics will get some love and get finally slaved! I'm sure they will love that !

The radar will automatically switch from TWS to STT (it will also switch to HRF if in ENT) before the missile is launched.

Will the radar remain in HRF indefinitely or switch back to ENT after some timeout? Is the switch for HRF/ENT somehow mechanised to reflect this change, or will it physically still be on ENT but the radar will be on HRF? Or does it drop back to ENT once the target is unlocked or lost?

Will the radar remain in HRF indefinitely or switch back to ENT after some timeout? Is the switch for HRF/ENT somehow mechanised to reflect this change, or will it physically still be on ENT but the radar will be on HRF? Or does it drop back to ENT once the target is unlocked or lost?

It will drop back to ENT as soon as there is no target lock. The switch will not change position.

- Rockets: Only one rocket is fired from the selected pod. Pod selection is automatic.

The Release Quantity Selector and the Release Intervall Selector will not affect the employment of rockets?:cry:

edit:

probably not. At least the Release Intervall Selector is clearly labled "DIST x 10M", i.e. it is obviously only for bombs. But isn't there a way to ripple fire a selectable number of rockets?

Edited by Flagrum

The Release Quantity Selector and the Release Intervall Selector will not affect the employment of rockets?:cry:

edit:

probably not. At least the Release Intervall Selector is clearly labled "DIST x 10M", i.e. it is obviously only for bombs. But isn't there a way to ripple fire a selectable number of rockets?

No. You either fire them one by one or all at the same time.

Release Quantity and release interval are meant for MK82s, Snakeyes and cluster bombs.

Fuse selector works for all bombs. Except that BAP-100 and all laser guided bombs ignore the RET/INS setting. All of them are armed with single fuses. So for them the setting work as SAFE/ARMED.

It will drop back to ENT as soon as there is no target lock. The switch will not change position.

Why? Isn't this a bug? If the switch is on HFR it should still HFR or the switch wouldn't represent the current mode.

What's the logic behind it?

Why? Isn't this a bug? If the switch is on HFR it should still HFR or the switch wouldn't represent the current mode.

If it's in HFR it would not "switch to HFR" and therefore you can't talk about "switching back"

The whole thing is obviously when you are in ENT and go in TWS.

Please read the original question.

The original question was (paraphrasing):

If the radar is in ENT, with the switch in the ENT position, what happens when it goes into STT and switches to HFR? Does the switch change position?

In this situation, the missile overrides the radar switch position and places it in HFR and STT. As soon as target lock is lost, the override ends and the radar returns to its normal operational mode.

Please read the original question.

The original question was (paraphrasing):

If the radar is in ENT, with the switch in the ENT position, what happens when it goes into STT and switches to HFR? Does the switch change position?

In this situation, the missile overrides the radar switch position and places it in HFR and STT. As soon as target lock is lost, the override ends and the radar returns to its normal operational mode.

Thanks, I believed the bug was about the radar switch to ENT while the switch was in HFR (as it happens in certain situations... I reported the issue in the bugs section).

The last two items of the PPA are done and now the PPA is officially finalized.

Missile (530D) Selector (G/AUTO/D):

It only works if there are two 530D missiles onboard.

G: Selects the left missile to be fired first.

AUTO: Only works with a locked target. It selects the missile that is nearest to the locked target. Basically if the target is to your left, it will select the left missile. If it is to the right, it will select the right missile.

D: Selects the right missile to be fired first.

TOT/PAR for Gun:

TOT: Spray and pray. You keep firing for as long as you keep the trigger pressed.

PAR: You fire in short burst of no more than 15 bullets.

No. You either fire them one by one or all at the same time.

When in TOT, are rockets are fired only as long as the trigger is pressed or is it all rockets at once regardless (which means that the A/C is only good for one pass) ?

When in TOT, are rockets are fired only as long as the trigger is pressed or is it all rockets at once regardless (which means that the A/C is only good for one pass) ?

They are all fired in a single salvo when you press the trigger. So it is good only for a single pass, unless you carry four rocket pods in which case you can do two passes.

That's some nice stuff. Can't wait for the update! Great work RAZBAM, thanks! :thumbup:

Just something to confirm: The TOT/PAR switch applies to all mentioned weapons, right? So if I want to fire my missiles in single mode but my guns in spray mode, I have to switch between TOT and PAR all the time? That would be a bit inconvenient, but if that is how it works IRL, so it shall be. I guess I'll have to assign that switch on my HOTAS in that case :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's some nice stuff. Can't wait for the update! Great work RAZBAM, thanks! :thumbup:

Just something to confirm: The TOT/PAR switch applies to all mentioned weapons, right? So if I want to fire my missiles in single mode but my guns in spray mode, I have to switch between TOT and PAR all the time? That would be a bit inconvenient, but if that is how it works IRL, so it shall be. I guess I'll have to assign that switch on my HOTAS in that case :)

TOT/PAR doesn't apply to Magics II's (applies to gun, rockets and S530D) so you shouldn't have to switch that often.

TOT/PAR doesn't apply to Magics II's (applies to gun, rockets and S530D) so you shouldn't have to switch that often.

You're right, I missed that somehow, thanks :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Magics also will lunch from the same side as the bandit ? I suppose that the only reason why you can't chose the side, cause it would make sense to want to balance the aircraft if the side of the bandit doesn't matter

G/ AUTO/ D => AUTO = target's side

If you want to balance you have to select manually

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

So if you can launch a 530 at a targte while still in TWS mode, what are the benefits of using STT before launching since the target will get a lock tone earlier?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

So if you can launch a 530 at a targte while still in TWS mode, what are the benefits of using STT before launching since the target will get a lock tone earlier?

TWS wont guide the missile.

And from the next patch and on clicking the launch will automatically change to STT.

TWS wont guide the missile.

And from the next patch and on clicking the launch will automatically change to STT.

that's what he's trying to say - there's no more sense in switching manually to STT before launch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]