DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

im pretty sure commenting about the post before yours.

And i really wish ppl would start using the Quote system to point towards what post they where responding to =P.

Can get confusing otherwise xD

Lol possibly, some threads do move very quickly. It's hard to keep up with the comments sometimes. Especially if you type slowly like myself!

By the way mattebubben I wanted to thank you and everyone else for the great translations and help understanding the aircraft! It really brought the Viggen into another light for many folks I'm sure!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Viggen wont steal M2000 hype. Viggen isnt for 2015 M2000 is maybe for this week.

I mean you have all your time reading announcement after.

Edited by dartuil

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I'm hoping that we are just waiting on the next DCS 2.0 patch to become avaible for the next set of releases. Here's hoping for a pre-christmas release!:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

I'm hoping that we are just waiting on the next DCS 2.0 patch to become avaible for the next set of releases. Here's hoping for a pre-christmas release!:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

You won't see Viggen before Christmas.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

You won't see Viggen before Christmas.

Ya, maybe just trying to buoy my spirits a bit. The more I think about the Mig. The more I wonder if they are having the same problems with the Viggen and Corsair. It will get sorted , hopefully sooner rather than later. I want to try that 500m split S!

Any way, I will wish everyone a Joyful Holiday and a Happy New Year!

3a602557bd3a60e9892a1850ac620ddd.jpg

Leonardo Da Vinci

John F. Kennedy

Ya, maybe just trying to buoy my spirits a bit. The more I think about the Mig. The more I wonder if they are having the same problems with the Viggen and Corsair. It will get sorted , hopefully sooner rather than later. I want to try that 500m split S!

Any way, I will wish everyone a Joyful Holiday and a Happy New Year!

3a602557bd3a60e9892a1850ac620ddd.jpg

You gotta remember that MiG had a huge shake up and it had a smaller team, as well.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I seriously doubt LNS will be releasing anything before the end of the year. They aren't likely to get much done next week and though we know what the modules are, they haven't officially announced them yet. An official product announcement before the end of the year seems possible, though I'm not expecting one.

As promised, here is the unclassified part of the AJS 37 SFI (speciell förarinstruktion - the flight manual). I used ScanTailor Experimental to attempt to make a cleaner "scan" from my smartphone camera pics - let me know if it messed up somewhere.

Fpl AJS 37: speciell förarinstruktion (100MB PDF)

Edited by renhanxue
  • Like 2

I seriously doubt LNS will be releasing anything before the end of the year. They aren't likely to get much done next week and though we know what the modules are, they haven't officially announced them yet. An official product announcement before the end of the year seems possible, though I'm not expecting one.

Yeah. Still, we got some aircraft this year. We should still get the Mirage. But neither LNS module is looking like it made it, nor did the VEAO P-40. Makes you wonder why they bother announcing in anything advance really, just look at how long ago the hornet first surfaced. Let us know when it is ready, or shortly before. Waiting just makes everyone antsy!:D

Its going to be really interesting attacking ships with the radar missile Robot-15F and Robot-04E. Both of them are freaking huge. 2 anti ship radar missiles can be equipped on the Viggen.

I dont know if this works on the 04E but on the 15F you can actually change target for the missile after launch.

Some more info how the Maverick will be used:

It will work like in the A-10 except that the monitor is in the tube looking thing to the right of the hud.

The mavericks camera can be used up to 30 degrees to each side however it is only allowed to fire up to 15 degrees of angle.

So you will basically have the same look as in the A-10. You also aim the Maverick with the radar joystick

The robot 05A is the most interesting missile on the Viggen. You fire it and then steer it with a "joystick" to your right bye eye. It has low smoke fuel and a flare attached to it so you can track it easier.

The manual also mention that you can use it against slow moving air targets but its mainly for sea and ground targets. 2 can be equipped at the same time.

Sprängbomb m/71 - 120 kg bomb. Chute can be used on it.

Lysbomb m/71 - flare

Akan m/55 - 30 mm pods. 2 can be equipped at the same time.

I'm personally not so happy with how LNS has handled this. No announcement despite Cobra saying they will adapt to the leak and that there will be an announcement in September and in October.

I wish you and LNS a merry Christmas.

For what it is worth, I know that Cobra has been ill for quite some time. LNS is a small developer and having their "voice" hospitalised will have an effect...

Unfortunatly delays and postponed announcements seems to be very common in the DCS World. But in this case I am willing to cut the devs some slack...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

This must be the module that I am most excited for ever. Actually saving up money for the HOTAS Warthog just for this one. It has alot to do with personal things though. My uncle flew the Draken and the Viggen in the Swedish Air Force, and he is one of the pilots who has a confirmed radar lock on a SR-71. Can't wait to get a sense of his experience in this aircraft!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

... he is one of the pilots who has a confirmed radar lock on a SR-71...

I commented just that (Blackbird interception) as one of the many possibilities that lies ahead with this aircraft. My all times personal favorite!! I am saving money for it too. It will be amazing to have the Viggen flying on DCSW, cannot wait to practice runway landings all day :joystick:

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

I commented just that (Blackbird interception) as one of the many possibilities that lies ahead with this aircraft.

The AJS-37 only carries Sidewinders. No Skyflashes or AMRAAMs.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

As promised, here is the unclassified part of the AJS 37 SFI (speciell förarinstruktion - the flight manual). I used ScanTailor Experimental to attempt to make a cleaner "scan" from my smartphone camera pics - let me know if it messed up somewhere.

Fpl AJS 37: speciell förarinstruktion (100MB PDF)

Thank you very much!

There is so much information to process, and so far I have only gone through the first 200 pages...

Some highlights so far about things being discussed previously.

The "Reglagebroms" is for both setting the AFK (autothrottle) mode and friction control of the throttle.

There is a automatic stick to rudder ratio depending of speed and so on, and if it fails the switch "TIPPVÄXEL" can be set to "LANDNING" (landing mode) with set the ratio in a mode best suited for landing the aircraft.

There is indeed three stages (zone) of the afterburner, each having a set of fuel injectors. They are controlled by three microswitches that are actuated by the throttle. The afterburner indicator "1, 2 and 3" are lighted by the throttle position, not the actual after burner operation. For actual operation you need to monitor the nozzle indicator gauge.

The countermeasure systems are KA (ECM, radar jamming) and KB (flares and chaff) and consist of two external pods (wing pylons). When used the amount of missiles, rockets, bombs is reduced (since they use one pylon each).

By the way, the AJ(s) Viggen can load 16 120kg bombs :thumbup:

More information (and pictures from the book i got my hands on) will follow.

The "LJUDSTYRKA UK-DÄMP" volume knob is indeed controlling the volume of the IR missile seeker (0-40db). If needed it can be pushed and then you get a 100% damping of the radio, then only hearing the missile seeker (and warning sounds like stall (high alfa) warning).

By the way, there is a recorder that automatically starts when there is something transmitted or recieved on the radio or if there are any warning signals. The recorder can also be started manually.