Triggers Not Working for Client PCs

pdmarsh

Certain triggers will work properly for the host PC in a multiplayer mission but will not work for the client PC.

In the attached mission there are two player (client) aircraft and two AI aircraft (on late activation). In addition, when either of the player aircraft is present in the theater trigger zone, an associated crew chief (i.e. infantry troop) will be activated as well.

In the case of the A-10C client aircraft, when it or its associated crew chief are in the theater trigger zone, the corresponding A-10C AI aircraft will not activate. The same is true for the UH-1H client and AI aircraft. Just for explanation, the purpose of this arrangement is such that should the client aircraft get shot down, its safe-and-sound crew chief will preclude the counterpart AI aircraft from spawning during the session.

During a multiplayer mission, these triggers work perfectly for the host PC. However, when a player on a client PC selects their player aircraft and enters the mission, the associated crew chief will not spawn and the corresponding AI aircraft will spawn when it shouldn’t. Even without the crew chief being present, the AI aircraft should not spawn in this scenario—the presence of the player aircraft should, on its own, preclude the AI aircraft from spawning. I point his out because it means that two separate triggers are not working for client PCs in a multiplayer mission.

I discovered this bug in a mission that was converted from DCS World 1.2 to DCS World 1.5. I created the attached test mission from scratch within 1.5 to eliminate the possibility that this is an issue with conversion only.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Spawn Test.miz

Edited by pdmarsh

As both client and server during this testing, I can confirm that this is exactly what happens.

The host PC will spawn the placeholder crew chief with whatever aircraft he selects, and if he jumps into a second aircraft he will spawn that crew chief as well. However, clients can neither spawn crew chiefs, nor inhibit AI aircraft from spawning.

It is as if the clients are being ignored in the triggers.

I've found this problem too. The work around for me was to make sure the "unit in zone" condition is used as opposed to the "group in zone". Hope this helps.

Great catch, FubarBundy! That seems to have done the trick.

Thanks,

Paul