Development Update November 2015

Ells228

Hey guys,

Here is the dev update for November.

Many thanks to all of you that have reported bugs via the forums, PM's and emails, please keep them coming.

I reported last month that we were recruiting and we have taken on two new coders. One is tasked with P-40 ASM refinement and working on the base ASM for our products. The other is working on Typhoon ASM for the digital displays. Both coders bring great experience with them from their real life jobs and we look forward to showing their work in our products in the future.

If you missed the memorial flight we did on the 11th, then you can watch the replay here:

https://youtu.be/OiD4MApQlCs

Many thanks to all of the pilots that turned up and took part.

Pete and I are discussing hosting another event soon, details will be posted up.

Hawk

Again thank you for the bug reports that you've been sending us. We are working through them on a priority list.

Some of them we just can't replicate, like the speed issue, so they are taking longer to figure out why they are happening on some systems and not others, but we are ploughing through them and updates will be coming out as soon as we get them fixed.

Some are higher priority than others, like crashing the sim, so please bear with us to get through them.

EFM development is going very well. We've started to get feedback from the Hawk pilots and will be gathering all of their data and comments into one document and then will begin the process of updating the code.

I will be recording a flight video today showcasing the EFM characteristics on Hawk so keep an eye out for that on our YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ells228

Sounds are still causing us a problem, namely radios and missile lock tone. We are still working through those.

Cockpit texture revamp is ongoing and making good progress.

Typhoon

To clarify; the new 3D models for cockpit and external are underway. Right now we are using our demo version to work on systems and displays.

As I mentioned above we have a new coder working on digital display ASM and he is just getting into the DCS development kit and digital display structure. He brings great experience with his day time job on digital displays over to the virtual world.

And now over to Pete for his update.

Thanks,

Chris.

Hi Guys,

It’s going to be a bit shorter this month as we are working through some bugs with the engine model on P-40F.

The level of dependency built into the engine model is such that if in a simplified scenario a+b+c+d=450 if B has an error then the entire model falls down.

Nothing is scripted and it is all calculated “on the fly”.

This enables us to correctly simulate engine behaviour (and misbehaviour), the downside is that sometimes things change and cause significant issues that take time to resolve.

This is something that we have encountered with the release of 1.5.0 and we are working through the problems one at a time and we are making progress on fixing it.

Most of the other systems are done or close to it and all of our programming time is being spent on getting these issues worked out of the engine and propeller models.

Cockpit textures are continually being tweaked and although I am sure they won’t please everyone I find them really quite nice to look at and am happy that they are of good quality. External textures are complete as is the damage model and it looks great in DCS 1.5.1

Updates from the other teams will follow in Q1 2016.

All the best

Pman

Thanks for the update, Chris and Pete, much appreciated and looking forward to the upcoming Hawk changes and the P-40!!!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Thank you for the update! :thumbup:

Keep up the good work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

Thanks!

Please consider a weekend for the next fly in?

Some of us travel during the week.

<S>

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Thanks!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks for the update guys.

Keep up the good work!

:thumbup:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti / Viewsonic 28" monitor / TM Warthog / TM Elite rudder pedals / TrackIR5

First flight sim: Psion 'Flight Simulator' (ZX Spectrum 48k)