CVN Eye Candy

Okay, got Dropbox and uploading to that tonight, but in total these are large files - 500MB plus including all the options, so it will take a while to get them all on, doing it as five or possibly six separate files, a main file to be dropped into the Mods/Tech folder then one each for the four ships and additional textures you will require, with an optional edm for either a full deck or a less full deck, so you can pick what you want to load.

I suggest for low end rigs this Mod might be a bit too heavy going and the fps hit will be enormous, so chose your option well, and only run one ship at a time to see how it goes. This is due to the large size of the texture file, which I am looking at.

I have it in mind to downgrade the texture files in due course to make the biggest ones smaller.

Will post the Dropbox link to the first post when I'm done uploading.

Edited by crazyeddie

Hope I got this right, dropped the link to my Dropbox in the first post. Everything you need is in there.

Unfortanly, no. That is a generic link to the home page of anybodys dropbox front page.

1. Go to your dropbox folder where your files are.

2. Right click on said file and select "Copy dropbox link"

3. Magic! :joystick:

Unfortanly, no. That is a generic link to the home page of anybodys dropbox front page.

1. Go to your dropbox folder where your files are.

2. Right click on said file and select "Copy dropbox link"

3. Magic! :joystick:

Many thanks Skjold, tried to do as you suggest but I do not get "Copy Dropbox Link" as an option if I right click on the file ?

All I get is Share Open Delete Rename Move Copy or Create an Album ? There is a sub menu within Share that takes me to a "Send Link" Option and I have tried that, but all I am getting is a mixed up mess of the 5 different folders within my Dropbox if I post that.

Have read the instructions again, I'm still none the wiser, so tried something else, see if this works:

Let me know if it does work ?

Edited by crazyeddie

Download worked for me :thumbup:

Thanks for the work

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I know its a harsh world out there for us old men :D

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I've downloaded Washington and Roosevelt half deck. I have .edm and .lods files. How can i install them?

Thanks

Read the ReadMe in the main file, it is explained there, but to help out:

You have to download them all, and instal them all, from my Dropbox, five files in all, then select which ships you want to have with the half full decks and which with full decks, and put the corresponding .edm files into the 'Shapes' folder within the main games file called 'CrazyEddie and Kobra's Carrier Eye Candy'.

Your file structure should then look like this:

DCS World/Mods/Tech/CrazyEddie and Kobra's Carrier Eye Candy/Shapes/ - and here will be all of the .edm files you have chosen, there should be 3 for the Lincoln, and two each for the Roosevelt, Washington and Stennis, 9 files in total.

These are the .edm files that determine what style of deck you will have, full or half full, which is why they are each in separate files for the download, you get to chose what you want for each ship and you instal that choice. If you want to change it later just swap the files around.

DO KEEP A BACKUP OF ALL THE MOD FILES SO THAT YOU CAN SWAP THINGS AROUND LATER IF YOU WISH.

I think that explains it well enough, have fun.

PS: Installing them all will not affect the game as such, trying to get them all to sail in the same sea might though, the more ships you run the higher the fps hit will be, experiment with that and see what your rig can take, some may have to settle for a couple of half decks, or just one even. In time I will have a go at reducing the texture files and that may help with that, but I am away for a week on Friday so if there are any problems post them here, I will check on then next weekend ... after the Rugby World Cup Final. (Bloody referee's - I'm Scottish !!)

Edited by crazyeddie

I dont know Who Kobra is but that is my aircraft Carrier model.

However- I m Glad to see my work here and Iam very proud that some guys still working on mods for that Carrier.

Very nice Mod. Many thanks for that.

Kind Regards and Cheers

Tom

Ps... Of course my permission is given

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Cheers Tomcatz, and great to hear from you again, hope you are well.

I did give you credit in the ReadMe but I should have pointed out it was your model, that was my mistake so I'm sorry for the oversight, I will update the ReadMe. Kobra amended the edm files for me to add the extra aircraft.

Thanks for all you have done for the site, in the past and I hope in the future, and thanks for the retrospective 'permission'.

Yes, I should say that as well, Kobra sent me everything in files with Tomcatz name on them and any suggestion that he tried to pass this off as his own work is wrong, the error was entirely mine, in my haste to find a way to get this Mod uploaded I overlooked the proper etiquette for the site in giving credit where it is due and I have apologised to Tomcatz for that, and corrected my error.

Tom is his reply has given me permission to use his model, which Kobra modified for me to include the extra aircraft and make a Mod Pack to go with it.

Tomcatz produced two fantastic models some time ago for both the CVN and the Kutznetzov, both of which have found their way into the modern versions of the game, he also did some fantastic work on different aircraft and other things which still take some beating for sheer quality and 'look', he has a real eye for the best the game has to offer, and I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say Thank you again Tom.

I hope that clears up any misunderstandings, no offence was intended and I am to blame for any caused. Apologies to everyone involved.

Download works perfect. And the mod isn't just eyecandy! You can spawn helicopters, land on them (at least with the half full decks, and they will even shoot at anything that is not friendly!

All in all an awesome mod! Thanks to all who helped create this! :-)

Also really enjoying this mod!

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Hey Eddie, I have downloaded, but not installed these awesome carriers yet. Do they have the correctly assigned air wing on board, or are they the same on all 4 boats. I am speaking in terms of the squadron liveries. -Woog

Edited by Woogey

Hey Eddie, I have downloaded, but not installed these awesome carriers yet. Do they have the correctly assigned air wing on board, or are they the same on all 4 boats. I am speaking in terms of the squadron liveries. -Woog

Hi Woogey, sorry for the delay, I have been away all week.

The aircraft skins are all the same for each carrier for now, to create skins for each air group would make the texture file absolutely HUGE, and it is too big now really.

I am going to speak to CPDKobra about that in due course, there might be a way to reduce the skins and add some more for each carrier but it will require reworking all of the edm files and he is the expert in that field.

Eddie

Edited by crazyeddie

Okay, this is a possibility.

Kobra has already done the main edm work for this so all I have to do is work out a combination of paint schemes for the 3 aircraft types on deck and update the skins in each ship, which will take me a while but it is worth doing.

The embarked air groups change around quite frequently so instead of trying to be accurate for one specific cruise I will probably go for the best looking combinations.

Will let you know when its ready.

Carrier Decks Updated to show different Squadrons on each ship.

Please note this is NOT a precise copy of a given ships deck at any specific time, Carrier Air Wings changed around as ships were refit/decommissioned, and Sqns within Air Wings also changed around from time to time, so I have created a generic Mod using the Air Wing Tail Letters instead. I have included a spare textures pack for anyone who wants to change my textures for older or newer versions.

Everything is explained in the ReadMe.

1384541197_USSLincoln.thumb.jpg.7a81b27a13085fd02e2e6aa63145e913.jpg

1424336702_USSRoosevelt.thumb.jpg.e49bdec2ebfca7ee68e9aee16f4d3787.jpg

1061606689_USSStennis.thumb.jpg.2534de9d29f2658dfebb2b2a2b8d98cc.jpg

1617478846_USSWashington.thumb.jpg.b999c49b25a7eb7dcd668db77d0ea81e.jpg

Link to my Dropbox on first page.

This will be my last Mod for a while, I need to catch up on some study time. BUT, I do have an idea for an up to date carrier deck that will have Modern aircraft all over it but will still be useable for both Take Offs and Landings, a little something for the future.

Edited by crazyeddie