Lock-On 1.02 and 1.12 parallel installation How-To

Well, I read how to install both versions, 1.02 and 1.1 on the same computer, but I couldn't make it work yet.

First you have to uninstall FC. At least, I haven't seen anything about installing 1.02 after you installed FC on your computer.

Install 1.0 and patch it to 1.02.

Copy 1.02 to a different folder, then install FC over the original 1.02 install.

I have done this, but there is something about lockon.bat files that you have to locate in both versions' folders and make shortcuts of them with different names like FC and 1.02. This is where I get into trouble. I can not find a lockon.bat file in the 1.02 lock on folder, so when I try to run it I get a runtime error message. FC works fine, though.

There is a lockon.bat file in the FC lock on folder, but that one starts FC. Maybe it needs to be copied and renamed to 1.02. Should I try that?

This is quote from some other thread

Anyway, the CD-check is not preventing you from having two versions of Lock-on installed at the same time - it is just the configuration of the installer that doesnt provide this option.

The simplest(and best) way to get both Lock-on 1.12a and 1.02 installed simultaneously is the following:

a). uninstall Lock-on 1.1 FC and make sure to clean up any left-over folders. Reboot your machine.

b). install Lock-on 1.00 and apply the V1.02 patch.

c). copy the entire "lockon" folder on your harddrive and paste it in beside the original one - then rename the copied folder to "Lockon 1.02"

d). now run the Lock-on 1.1 "Flaming Cliffs" installer and then the V1.12a patch - this will update the original lockon install to Lock-on 1.12a, but leave the copied "lockon 1.02" folder unaffected.....i.e. still V1.02.

e). locate the "lockon.bat" file in each of the lockon folders, make desktop shortcuts to them and name the shortcuts so that you can distinguish between them.....e.g. "lockon 1.12" and "Lockon 1.02".

Now you can switch between V1.12a and V1.02 simply by clicking these shortcuts.

The last step concerning the "lockon.bat" files is necessary in order to point windows to the correct installation path when you want to switch version.....otherwise you would get a "runtime error" message when trying to run the application.

Hope this was useful.

Cheers,

- JJ.