[REPORTED] Cannot host old missions - not showing on server list

xcom

If you try to host an old mission, your server might start but it will not show up in the server list.

After we ran a simple test by creating a new quick mission, server was up on the list.

Edited by BIGNEWY

What about opening and resaving in the 1.5 ME? Does that work?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

How old is old? I see and was able to join a server running On Station classic and i briefly started one running Operation Crimson Dawn and got a couple of people joining after a few minutes.

Edited by Meiz

Hey there Baltic, i've only had a quick look so far, mainly to see if people were able to see my server after reading this thread and panicking :p.

I flew out to WP 3 (everything before there works fine) to see if the SEAD flight and mission briefing messages would still fight for screen space, they don't now, they stack which is great, but i shut it down after that. I'll be jumping on DCS again in a couple of hours and will probably be loading CD up so i'll let you know in the mission thread if i run into any issues.

Awesome mission by the way, me and a buddy have been playing it over the last week and have had a tonne of fun with it and didn't run into any issues on previous version of DCS, so thanks for that!

Edited by Meiz

So I created a mission in 1.5 ME, went to host a server for a friend and when I go to select a mission, the new one I created isn't in the list. Any ideas?

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I created a mission in 1.5 ME, went to host a server for a friend and when I go to select a mission, the new one I created isn't in the list. Any ideas?

I am not sure if XCOM is right on this one, I hosted a resaved mission pre 1.5 on my private server and it did show in the list.

It was a very small mission, no triggers etc.. So might be right for complex missions?

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I am not sure if XCOM is right on this one, I hosted a resaved mission pre 1.5 on my private server and it did show in the list.

It was a very small mission, no triggers etc.. So might be right for complex missions?

It was just a few different aircraft and a few enemy vehicles that's all. No triggers etc

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This bug might not be 100% reproducible. It's at least an issue for some. What's odd is that my friend was also not able to connect by IP either (until I used a new map).

Instead of clicking the File that says OPEN. Click the little plus sign on the left, this will open a folder where your can see all your missions. Then you add them to the list and start your server.

LOL, Vulcan47. We know how to host a mission. It works with new maps, not with old maps. Please read next time.

The 'old' and new missions have a different version number, guess that's why it won't work in the first place. For some reason, tried old/new/modified old missions, i can't make my server show up in the list. There's lots of traffic from and to it but no go yet.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

This has been reported to the dev team.

At the moment it 'seems' like only missions built in the latest revision will allow your server to be shown on the MP list.

Clients can still join your server via Connect by IP but they will not see any mission in the MP list that was built prior to the latest version.

You can test this by hosting an older mission and confirming that it can't be seen in the lobby, then, quickly add some units into a mission from todays build and save it...host it... your server will now show in the list, this is what I've found anyway running our server.

Sadly there are always teething problems with new stuff, this is no exception being Open Beta. We'll have to be patient while the team have a look at this, hopefully won't take long!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Indeed it's still beta. I figured it would check for updates on startup but i guess it didn't, there was indeed a newer build and i'll have to check if that'll work. Thank you!

-

I think I am confirming Mav's findings here... I've found that once a new mission has been recognised and can be seen by the MP list, the mission can then be changed to an older on once clients are joined. The server becomes invisible in the list again but the older mission stays up and can be rejoined via connect by IP.

Does this indicate that its simply a problem with the way the MP list detects missions? Is there anything in the missions themselves which denotes which version it was created in. Maybe it could be changed from within 7zip or something similar?.. just trying to think of a workaround.

I've built fresh new missions in DCS 1.5 and when I loaded this mission it worked first time. Everyone could see it in the server list.

Now if I build another brand new mission and load it up, no one can see my server.

Is the first mission name tied to the server IP address ? Has anyone been able to change their missions and others can join ?

And I mean, change the mission name, not the original mission with the same name.

There's something buggy with the missions, if you load a 1.2 mission in the 1.5 editor and resave it the format is nice and peachy in the 1.5 format and it works but when you try hosting it the server won't show up. Guess we gotta wait for a fix for this.

-