**IMPORTANT: MiG-21 1.5 HOTFIX**

Cobra847

Dear All,

Currently there is a crash involving the MiG-21bis in the new 1.5 Open Beta.

We are aware of this issue and are working to rebuild our binaries ASAP.

Additionally -- a few of our planned fixes have been postponed to the next few patches. (e.g. Red cockpit lights, a few liveries)

Apologies for the inconvenience!

LNS

EDIT:

Good news!

We have built new temporary binaries for those of you who can't wait to fly the MiG-21 in 2.0.

Use this hotfix at your own risk -- it has only been briefly tested.

****Usage Instructions****

1. Extract the contents of the .rar file.

2. Overwrite the existing binary files located at

<DCS Installation>/Mods/Aircraft/MiG-21bis/bin/x86_64

Best Regards,

LNS

FIX OBSOLETE.

Latest patch includes new binaries.

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Dear All,

Currently there is a crash involving the MiG-21bis in the new 1.5 Open Beta.

We are aware of this issue and are working to rebuild our binaries ASAP.

Additionally -- a few of our planned fixes have been postponed to the next few patches. (e.g. Red cockpit lights, a few liveries)

Apologies for the inconvenience!

LNS

Was about to report this just now. Thanks for the heads up. This bug also affects the MiG-21bis in the encyclopedia FYI. Thank you SO MUCH LNS for being as prompt as you guys are. :)

(p.s. I'm really looking forward to seeing that GDDR skin :P )

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

Wow, bummer!

Luckily the MiG-21 runs beautifully in 1.2.16 - I now appreciate the benefit of having a separate Open Beta version. :)

Hopefully things are sorted out in the next few days, I was really looking forward to the new model and specular maps!

Still very happy to try out 1.5, just need to get home.

-Nick

PS - That was fast! When will this be available via the ED updater? (best guess...I know :)) Guess I might as well try it on my open Beta.

Edited by BlackLion213

When the beta updates, will the binary files be re-overwritten? Like if ANOTHER beta update comes which fixes the MiG-21 completely, will I have to put the old files back in?

Like can I do it and not have to touch it ever again when newer updates come out? I don't want to overwrite the old binary files (I probably will) or rename them, forget about it, then later wonder why DCS is not working when the beta updates because I forgot to re-put in the old binaries.

Edited by Toybasher

When the beta updates, will the binary files be re-overwritten? Like if ANOTHER beta update comes which fixes the MiG-21 completely, will I have to put the old files back in?

Like can I do it and not have to touch it ever again when newer updates come out? I don't want to overwrite the old binary files (I probably will) or rename them, forget about it, then later wonder why DCS is not working when the beta updates because I forgot to re-put in the old binaries.

These files should update on their own.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Time to go to bed for me, so only tested the hotfix on cold start mission. The mission and the plane loaded perfectly, though another glitch popped up - looks like the AI wingman fell asleep or got drunk after celebrating 1.5 release, as he taxied only a few meters to the front and stopped the plane, unable to turn left on the taxiway :D. Some old tutorial and instant missions will have to be updated it seems.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.