DCS World at Wings Over the Rockies in Denver

DaddySchlich

My wife and I were visiting Colorado earlier this month, and I dragged her to the Wings Over the Rockies Museum in Denver. They had a flight simulator corner marked on the map of the museum, and I was expecting the simplistic flight simulators - often carnival type rides - I've so often found in air/space museums. Imagine my surprise to find DCS World with many of the modules, available in multiple cockpits with close-to-180-degree wrap-around screens. Apparently, this is relatively recent install and it is still a WIP in certain respects. I was told that the museum was working with ED in setting this up on a network. Surprised not to have seen any reference to this in the forums - and wanted to send my congrats to both ED and the museum in getting this set up. Really wonderful!

Daddy Schlich

• Like 1

I was there last month and tried it out. The price they charge for about 15 minutes flying time is about what you pay for module. For the "Expert" experience it was $60 I believe. Their graphics settings were on low and the wrap around screens are not very pleasing. It is projection and not very crisp. But they do use the TH Warthog HOTAS. Can't remember the pedals but I think they were Saitek Combat Pros. They are also running game mode with invulnerability on.

All that said, it's great they are doing this. Exposure is a good thing and while I was there all 5 stations were being used.

Guys I wish U had taken Pictures, I would Love to see this.

I am surprised at the use of projectors with low resolution graphics though.

They are in need of a tech. guru for sure. especially if they are charging what I would

consider a premium for the experience.

Smart Business Move on the part of DCS. I would guestimate exposing 30to50 thousand potential customers to the product easily.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Was there an signage or literature indicating that the software could be purchased for the home PC, or specifically mentioning ED?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Then ED isn't gaining anything, except some licensing revenue, since the only people who will know that they can buy it are the ones who already own it.

Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Was there an signage or literature indicating that the software could be purchased for the home PC, or specifically mentioning ED?

I have been over that site few times, using their search facility, Eagle Dynamics or DCs does not come up in any shape or form. Can someone from USA try this. Neither is it in their related links which give credit to contributors.

I could be wrong but I for one can't find anything. I am not going to go through each and every blog post, their search engine using basic bolean logic should bring up hits but it doesn't.

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

I am curious too, now, so I just emailed the contact person for the exhibit and asked about Eagle Dynamics.

Ahhh!!! Ye of little Faith in ED. How many of you would allow such with your product?

In a discussion with the "Public Relations Officer" at the Cleveland Justice Center (Harvey Beavers) I asked Him if there was anything He would tell me in an effort to carve out my path in life as a young man. He said: "Treat People as if they are at least as smart as you." and you will have little in the way of obstacles in your pursuits.

So it is with that that I congratulate ED. on a solid business venture with Wings Over the Rockies Museum in Denver.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

More than one sim if they have WWI aircraft as well.

Yes, Radbes, that is the setup I encountered. I can't explain the reference to WW1 planes. I was so struck by their having DCS up and running that I didn't think to ask all the questions I might have. I still can't find any reference to this on the Museum website. I sent them a congratulatory/ chiding email for having (but not mentioning) the DCS setup. I have not received a reply.

No reply to my email either. Would love to have Wags weigh in on this one, since he would be their natural point of contact for such an endeavor.

I'm with you two guys on this, but just because we can't see it doesn't mean there was nothing agreed between them. I think we sit on the backburner until someone from Eagle Dynamics come back with a statement. We could be wrong-footed here. I mean we are nothing to to with ED just we are pointing out our observations. :thumbup:

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Agreed. I am not making assumptions here, though I do find it odd since I would imagine that any license involving public display, and profit making, would include a clause about crediting the software author(s).

From the license agreement:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/license/

"Government and commercial entities wishing to use this software in conjunction with training or demonstrator applications must obtain a license directly from TFC under a separate pricing structure and terms of use."

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates