Can you prevent player aircraft from being able to fire weapons

Steggles

As the topic says, is there any way you can prevent player controlled aircraft from being able to fire any weapons when within a trigger-zone?

_dist = get player position in regards to _triggerZone

if _dist <= _triggerZone.radius then
     prevent player shooting
     This is the code I'm after.
end

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

well, there might be two ways to do it:

1:

if a weapon is fired within that zone, you can remove the weapon from the server shortly after, that would work with all aircraft.

2:

excluding the FC3 aircraft, you might be able to check an argument, for that matter the master arm switch. when entering the trigger zone you could let the script set it to off, and check if it is set to on in that zone, if so, then switch it back by script, might work i think.

anyway, i remember an argument list for the huey, but dont know where it went, also getting the arguments for the other aircraft might be some work.

others have to help you anyway, i know it's possible, but the exact how to i cannot help sadly.

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

It is probably possible to kick someone out of his aircraft the moment he fires in a certain zone.

It is the same on the acrobatics server, but then with speeding (condition) on the taxiway (area).

You might also be able to immediately make a weapon vanish after launching in a certain zone.

How? I have no idea.

It is probably possible to kick someone out of his aircraft the moment he fires in a certain zone.

It is the same on the acrobatics server, but then with speeding (condition) on the taxiway (area).

You might also be able to immediately make a weapon vanish after launching in a certain zone.

How? I have no idea.

if you would try, and you will not do, to arm your aircraft on a carrier on the VA server, you will be kicked out of the aircraft and the weapon will be gone.

(did a test for that script for shadoh when the script was implemented)

the question however would be: what do you want to happen? just prevent firering? or remove the player? something different?

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

First preference is only to prevent firing in the zone. I'll go with just the message in the zone for now and look about a different solution if it gets abused. Wanting this so the modern jets don't go easy target hunting on the early era jets / props within their zone on the map. Even the kick from aircraft would be fine, as long as it doesn't disconnect them from the server.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

Even the kick from aircraft would be fine, as long as it doesn't disconnect them from the server.

that is possible.

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noli Timere Messorem

Terry Pratchett

Top stuff. Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I'll stick to the kicking from aircraft, with thanks to who PM'd me the code for this.

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

• 2 years later...

Steggles, My apology for the necropost of your thread but I was just wondering if you got anywhere with this project? (I am also looking for a gun free zone and max taxi speed scripts).

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

Instead of kicking from the aircraft, have both engines shut down and/or ignite in uncontrollable flames. That should keep the offending pilot busy for a while.

If he fires again, have all hydraulics fail for 10-30 secs for each of the next 1-5 minutes. Or perhaps have all weapons malfunction/jettison.

That’ll learn ‘em!

Isn't there a "random failure" trigger for that? :joystick:

Instead of kicking from the aircraft, have both engines shut down and/or ignite in uncontrollable flames. That should keep the offending pilot busy for a while.

If he fires again, have all hydraulics fail for 10-30 secs for each of the next 1-5 minutes. Or perhaps have all weapons malfunction/jettison.

That’ll learn ‘em!

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD