Finally got to build this A10 seat

FatMonster

Way back in 2011 I bought a seat kit from SC Simulations (thank you FLIM) as a project for my teenage son to build with me. Sadly, he passed away and I didn't have the heart to go forward, stuffing everything into a closet and basically forgetting about it.

Now after four years, a lot of traveling and experiencing things that I never made time for in the past, I'm finally at peace over losing my boy and am enjoying life again. Truly, life is short, indeed. ... Anyway, I've become interested in flight-simming again and I ran across the old kit I had put away and decided to slap it together this weekend. I didn't have any instructions and, at first I was a a bit daunted on figuring out how to put everything together:

SMALL.jpg

However, after getting in touch with FLIM here on the board and doing a little google research, it all came together quite easily on a Sunday afternoon with a beer and a baseball game on the tube. What a pleasure now to not have to put the throttle on an upside down waste basket and the stick on a bucket between my legs!

ASSEMBLY.jpg

I have to compliment the boys from SC Simulations for making such a great economical kit. The way it provides for mounting the TM HOTAS is awesome.

Assembled01.jpg

Assembled02.jpg

It's actually been a nice way for me to remember the great times I had with my son. Now I'm inspired to learn more about building an actual pit like so many of you here are doing. The home pits I've seen on this forum are truly jaw-dropping. Thanks so much to all of you who contribute here and who make it a place so welcoming to beginners like me.

• Like 1

Great job!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work, it looks fantastic! Got me watery eyes, life is short enjoy it as much as you can without harming others :thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Ive actually been looking for a kit like this, any sites to buy and ship?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

AweSome seat.. Dedicate it to your son. Maybe paint "In Loving Memory of son" on the side.

Sorry for your loss.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

Sorry about your boy. No parent should ever have to bury a child. Your grieving period is your to experience and no time limit is set on it. By going ahead with this, you are honoring him. I'm sure he would understand your timing and respect your efforts.

Sound like a good place to hang a plaque, with his name laser cut into it, perhaps with one of his mottos or sayings.

Nice job on the assembly. Looks like a good place from which to battle, or jsut have some memory joy flights.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )