DAWS Dead objects persistence mod

Hello,

with the help of the community I made this small mod which provide some sort of persitence in dead scenery objects from one mission to the subsequent one.

What it does: when a scenery object (building, bridge, house, etc) is destroyed during a sortie by you or the AI, this the corresponding map object will be set dead at every succeeding mission.

The mod can be installed easily with JGSME mod manager, but you could always decide to copy the content of the DAWS_ObjPersistence folder in your DCS main directory.

THIS MOD IS IN ALPHA RELEASE, please read the provided manual (4 pages ;)).

I decided to post it here to understand if someone would be interested, and to ask for improvements from who is better than me at coding (probably everyone). Therefore, any suggestion, help and enhancement are obviously welcome. In particoular, I'm looking for better solution for two enhancements:

1. I would like to dynamically add the "dofile" line in the MissionScripting.lua without having to overwrite it at each DCS Start (or mission editor start);

2. Waiting for the destroy() function to be fixed, to find a way to set a map object as dead instead having to explode it at any mission start.

This mod has been made possible by the effort of some valuable ED’s community members, as Grimes, MBot, xcom, Ian, vicx, Ajax... and many more that I forgot during those years. Without their public work and their suggestions, I won’t be able to learn much of DCS Lua interaction. Without some code chunck they gave me, I won’t reach may solution that I eventually found to complete this (and other) work.

This mod use and the fantastic MIST by Grimes.

A special thanks is also for Rider, my community mate which teach me the basis of Lua programming and gave me the starting point, the milestones and many “game-changer” ideas about how improve the code.

DAWS_ObjPersistence_Alpha.zip

• Like 2

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

great work! ;)

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

That sounds like a great mod!

Thanks for your work

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...