A-7 Corsair after the Mirage

Jumbik

For those who do not follow the Facebook page of Razbam sim, they have mentioned there yesterday that they will indeed bring A-7 to DCS but it will have to wait after the Mirage.

I'm so pumped for the Corsair I cannot even express it. I wish you the best with DCS development so we can see it as soon as possible. :)

See here: https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims?fref=nf

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news indeed. I think we'll start to see a lot more of the FSX developers making the move to DCS World - particularly after EDGE arrives. It's been a long wait for RAZBAM, but they'll certainly be getting my support with these, and any other modules they send our way.

From what they have wrote they want the DCS version be based on the Tacpack version in FSX.

http://www.razbamsims.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=86

Here is something more...

Edited by Jumbik

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

From what they have wrote they want the DCS version be based on the Tacpack version in FSX. ...

well.. yeah! they did all the research to get all the details and specs already - why wouldn't they try to transfer over as much as possible from one project to the other

unless.. is there something wrong with the fsx/tacpack version?? (honest question)

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well.. yeah! they did all the research to get all the details and specs already - why wouldn't they try to transfer over as much as possible from one project to the other

unless.. is there something wrong with the fsx/tacpack version?? (honest question)

The answer is simple, we´re going to use all the 3d work done for the FSX/P3d Tac Pack version, and convert it into a DCS model.

So far, our A-7 plans for DCS would be the D (USAF) version 1st and then get the E version once ED/DCS got proper carrier ops, and of course, A/G radar.

Best regards

Prowler

• Like 1

Any chance for two seat birds like the A-7K, TA-7C or EA-7L to be made sometime in the future?

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Any chance for two seat birds like the A-7K, TA-7C or EA-7L to be made sometime in the future?

The two-seat aircraft were only employed by the USAF and used as trainers. (that is concerning how American forces used them and not any other countries)

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

The two-seat aircraft were only employed by the USAF and used as trainers. (that is concerning how American forces used them and not any other countries)

Nope, They were also used by the Navy as trainers and, in the case of the EA-7L, as Electronic Aggressors. There were twice as many Navy TA-7C's built (60) as the Air Force A-7K's (30). If the BQM-74 can be included with an EA-7L like in RAZBAM's FSX promotional video, I can think of some very interesting uses for them. Of course the EW capabilities of DCS needs serious work for the EA-7L to use its pod mounted jammers effectively.

As for the Air Force A-7K, it was fully capable of performing all the same missions as the A-7D so just because it was never actually used by the USAF for anything other than training does not mean that they would be useless in a combat situation.

The TA-7C was combat capable as well and was upgraded to A-7E standard. The EA-7L's were converted from TA-7C's and were upgraded similarly to A-7E standard. They both maintained their original designations after the upgrades.

DCS is not the real world, but a simulation of the real world which allows for the use of aircraft and weapons in other than true to life scenarios. I would like to see as much variety included as possible which is why I posed the question.

TA-7C

TA-7C_VA-174_Dallas_1988.jpeg

EA-7L

EA-7L_VAQ-34_1987.jpeg

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• 2 weeks later...
Let's wait to finish at least one model and then we'll talk about next. Otherwise for three years, except promises, none of them did not get.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

exactly!

unfortunately there can only hope Belsimtek, others only talk and show pictures.

Edited by Veles

I want to see the SLUFF flying over Nevada and Hormuz with his pal the Tomcat :)

The SLUF's pals are the A-6, A-4 and F-4 ... we need them all in the DCS USN.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]