Matt will give us a DCS World 2 Live Stream

• ED Team
Why is it again that this stream can't be posted so others can observe?

I don't understand the logic, and without knowing the pragmatic reasons my default reaction is very negative.

Please help me understand the logic and avert my negative default reaction.

As a fan and supporter I just want to see what others were able to.

Its only because this was a first try, It when well in my mind, but there were aspects Wags wasnt happy with, I am sure the next one will be archived and viewable to all.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible a viewer recorded it, I considered doing so but my upload speeds are so awful that I decided not to. In any case, I can try to list off what all you missed in terms of info gleaned from the video and wags talking.

1) Greyed out "F-5E WIP" icon shown in the list of background icons on the main menu screen. Might be an upcoming module or maybe just a background for the NTTR map, who knows. I hope it's a full module though, love the F-5 :). MiG-29 icon also present, presumably for the recently confirmed FC3 MiG-29 stand alone.

2) New AI options in the mission editor, you can tell them to not drop their payload when shot at, what range to fire missiles (max, middle, certain, random), where to attack ground units (or not to) and some general rules such as AB usage and RTB on low fuel. The mission editor is a lot better looking. It looks like a satellite view of the map, rather than the topographic map we currently deal with.

3) Graphics options are largely the same, but there was an added drop down menu for aircraft scaling. I can't remember the exact names of the options, but I think there were 3, with none being the top and I think one was called multiplier. Not sure on this, it was only a quick glance. With it on the strongest setting, enemy planes were clearly visible at 10km. On my end they looked like blurry dots but twitch compresses that stuff. I don't know how they looked on his machine other than visible. Also saw some new smoke effects off of missiles and flares. They looked good to me, the smoke can best be described as poofy. It also lingered longer. Contrails were also much improved, they fade in behind the aircraft rather than instantly materializing at full intensity. Wags mentioned new clouds being made too, but they were not shown.

4) Terrain LoDs transition smoothly and large buildings can be seen from far away. I never saw the strip pop up out of nothing, it was always there so long as I saw vegas. Same deal for other big things. Only the little residential houses disappeared as distance increased.

5) Some surprising details are on the map such as the craters from underground nuclear tests. These were only seen at high altitude this stream, I'm curious what they look like close up. There are also a lot of cars/trucks/buses in Vegas. The amount of stuff shown is something unseen before in flight sims. His system appeared to run it fine but it did stutter in a few places. The stutters seemed unrelated to what was in view though, might have just been twitch.

6) The main menu, mission editor and flying part are all one program now, going from one to the next was very quick. It also CTD'd constantly the first 15 minutes of the stream. It seemed to be related to that particular airfield since as soon as he got away from it, the stream went uninterrupted for the remaining hour or more.

Edited by King_Hrothgar
Make it easier to read
  • Like 1

It's possible a viewer recorded it, I considered doing so but my upload speeds are so awful that I decided not to. In any case, I can try to list off what all you missed in terms of info gleaned from the video and wags talking.

It was advised to Not re record, re upload or re broadcast the live feed without written permission fron ED.

Any user that does this will be dealt with harshly, as it was stated MULTIPLE times here and in the chat.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I look at it this way. The stream, which I could not view, (so those of you that DID see it, quit yer bitching), was A GIFT. It was announced and conducted under specific parameters and placed him under zero obligation to do anything more. Who has any right to demand anything beyond that point, especially since it was FREE?

It's like people that show up to a yard-free and trash what's there for free because they aren't happy with the quality. Freaking A. Maybe if you PAID for the show, but... you DIDN'T.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

• ED Team
I look at it this way. The stream, which I could not view, (so those of you that DID see it, quit yer bitching), was A GIFT. It was announced and conducted under specific parameters and placed him under zero obligation to do anything more. Who has any right to demand anything beyond that point, especially since it was FREE?

It's like people that show up to a yard-free and trash what's there for free because they aren't happy with the quality. Freaking A. Maybe if you PAID for the show, but... you DIDN'T.

There will be more, maybe he can do one in the morning, that's more agreeable to other parts of the world, as well, I believe the next ones will be archived for later viewing. So dont stress it too much.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

he just uploaded another one. but it looks to be the same shots, just not an hour long one

EDIT: he is live streaming right now... im guessing that its a screen saver

Edited by SilentGun

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)