typhoon vs f-35, who is win?

Guys, what u think, who win in air combat (wing vs wing)? If missles and pilots skill, awacs support etc will equal?

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one with the best PR machine will win because a realistic engagement will never occur.

If I had to choose I'd say Typhoon because it's cooler and also an air superiority A/C by design.

Edited by PiedDroit

Oh boy, here we go!

Why not? Even if it's highly speculative, I actually find this kind of topic quite entertaining. Not that I would participate - except maybe in a cynical way and/or almost out of topic way - because, like you, I would be one saying "oh no, not again".

But instead, I let myself be amused by the comments of people that are commited to it. And if I don't like it then I don't read it.

Sometime there is even interesting stuff popping out from those brainstormings.

The F-22 that the Typhoon didn't see flying in support of the F-35 would win before the Typhoon ever saw the F-35 ;)

I concur, I was going to say that the Typhoon probably wins a straight-forward 1v1, but in large scale team engagements stealth makes such a difference.

The F-22 that the Typhoon didn't see flying in support of the F-35 would win before the Typhoon ever saw the F-35 ;)

If we had all three aircraft in the sim, to try it out, we would win! :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

the op only mentioned the lightning and the typhoon - no raptors.

imho, typhoon wins 8 times out of 10.

It's a pure fighter - while the lightning is not.

f-35 has some more chances in BVR, but in the merge it's toasted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

This is not typhoon, this is Rafale, but result will equal, because in dogfight Typhoon and Rafale are have same performance.

I think ECM in typhoon can minimized F-35 stealthy.

I think AMRAAM launched from F-35 cant getting lock on Typhoon, if ECM will working. And then AMRAAMs from F-35 mist, lightning will versus Typhoon on Aim-9x and Guns.

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

"Farnborough 2012: "Yesterday we had Raptor salad for lunch" Typhoon pilot said after dogfighting with the F-22 at Red Flag Alaska"

http://theaviationist.com/2012/07/13/fia12-typhoon-raptor/

"F-22 Raptor kill markings shown off by German Eurofighter Typhoons. "The F-22 is not invincible" saga continues."

http://theaviationist.com/2012/07/23/f-22-raptor-kill-markings/

i79900k @ 4,7 - Geforce RTX2080TI 11GB - 32Gbram - Win10 - TRackIr4 - Thrustmaster Warthog/Saitek Rudder

• ED Team

In both these cases, was the engagement set up like the OP stated? Its pretty much common sense if all these aircraft start of at close range that the F-22 and F-35 advantages are reduced...

This is not typhoon, this is Rafale, but result will equal, because in dogfight Typhoon and Rafale are have same performance.

I think ECM in typhoon can minimized F-35 stealthy.

I think AMRAAM launched from F-35 cant getting lock on Typhoon, if ECM will working. And then AMRAAMs from F-35 mist, lightning will versus Typhoon on Aim-9x and Guns.

"Farnborough 2012: "Yesterday we had Raptor salad for lunch" Typhoon pilot said after dogfighting with the F-22 at Red Flag Alaska"

"F-22 Raptor kill markings shown off by German Eurofighter Typhoons. "The F-22 is not invincible" saga continues."

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Either could be the victor under the right circumstances, as these articles stipulate. Guessing which would win any given scenario probably requires details that are not obtainable by the likes of you and me!

-Nick

I'd say Typhoon because it's cooler and also an air superiority A/C by design.

Yes, but so is the P-51, which would be completely ineffective vs modern fighters. Exaggeration of tremendous magnitude yes, but the design goal of the aircraft doesn't necessarily trump its inherent strengths and weaknesses. The F-35 appears to have a sizable advantage in stealth (which expands to weapon and sensor capability) and a smaller disadvantage in maneuverability (it's not a B bomber or even a F-111).

f-35 has some more chances in BVR, but in the merge it's toasted.

Technically the F-35 doesn't even need to do in anything in WVR to win, and if we're talking about real WVR as opposed to an exercise, the BVR advantage is present 100% of the time and possibly leads to a WVR advantage.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Went as far as putting a marking on their aircraft. "look at us, look at us... give us attention". Real professional.

Yes, but so is the P-51, which would be completely ineffective vs modern fighters. Exaggeration of tremendous magnitude yes, but the design goal of the aircraft doesn't necessarily trump its inherent strengths and weaknesses .

I don't care, without any realistic data I can tell what I want. Show me something better than a p-51 analogy and I might change my mind. In the meantime, everything that is available to the public points to a huge superiority of the Typhoon. :D

..."look at us, look at us... give us attention". Real professional."

Well the consortium that builds the Typhoon is trying to promote and get sales abroad. It seems everyone building and an affordable, exportable modern fighter aircraft is doing some of the same. I agree it's kind of unprofessional for a pilot to make that comment if that's what happened.

Edited by Barfly

Well the consortium that builds the Typhoon is trying to promote and get sales abroad. It seems everyone building and an affordable, exportable modern fighter aircraft is doing some of the same. I agree it's kind of unprofessional for a pilot to make that comment if that's what happened.

I have the upmost respect for all the airforces around the world. Red Flag is a place to learn, engage in information, receive it, and then build upon it for real scenarios.

But what they did was simple chest thumping. Especially with comments such as "raptor salad for lunch".

But hey, what can you do.

Exactly... Hence my very first comment about the PR machine...

The one with the biggest mouth will win because no one will dare doing a real fight in fear of settling things for good.

In a way, it's a kind of Schrödinger's Cat