ISVA/USN flyable mods

Thank you, Morkva, but which one is the zoom out ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

ViewSettings = { Cockpit = { [1] = {-- player slot 1 CockpitLocalPoint = {3.620000,1.200000,0.000000}, CameraViewAngleLimits = {20.000000,100.000000}, CameraAngleRestriction = {false,90.000000,0.600000}, CameraAngleLimits = {190.000000,-75.000000,115.000000}, EyePoint = {0.020000,0.000000,0.000000},--front/back,up/down,left/right} limits_6DOF = {x = {0.030000,0.400000},y ={-0.300000,0.100000},z = {-0.300000,0.300000},roll = 90.000000}, ShoulderSize = 0.25, Allow360rotation = false, }, }, -- Cockpit Chase = { LocalPoint = {2.510000,3.604000,0.000000}, AnglesDefault = {180.000000,-8.000000}, }, -- Chase Arcade = { LocalPoint = {-13.790000,6.204000,0.000000}, AnglesDefault = {0.000000,-8.000000}, }, -- Arcade }

su-24.gif

I tried to increase / decrease those values but nothing changed

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

^^ are you using JSGME? if so then disable the mod first then edit the .lua, save & reactivate it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Everything is fine now, thank you

Edited by Lenux

• 2 weeks later...

Load up some Mk-82's, select air to ground mode and you will see a dashed line down the center of your HUD. Put your nose on a target and if you are in trim, the line will turn solid and the bottom of that line will mark the spot that your bombs will end up. It's actually very accurate. There are also unguided rockets available. This is for the F/A-18C. I have not spent any time in the F/A-18A but I believe that the cockpit is based on an SU-25 and there are some guided munitions available to you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The avionic of the A version is from the Su -25t (Russian hud, shkval monitor in the right mfcd) the cockpit is the model of the f-15.

Then I am having a hard time using the avionics...I can't get them to work.

I just remembered too...I can't see the HUD in any model.

EDIT: To clarify the HUD, it's the view...too high or something.

• 3 weeks later...

@ Jar

I downloaded the Hornet mod from the Stinger site. Is it the same hornet model in this thread? If so, I take it is meant only for DCS 2, (stated somewhere, readme I think).

Another thing, I still can't get the A/G mode to work in the A model. All I get when pressing keys 2 through 7, is "INST" on HUD. Plus, none of the instruments work in the plane. RPM readout, fuel, etc...

The C model seems to work just fine for A/A, but that's about all I can get. Am I missing something?

The A is 99% SU33 bindings but you do need to bind some of the A/G system keys from the SU25T. It was working fine for me last I checked.

The C will go A/G, only issues with it at the moment are... you can't cycle A/G munitions, it will drop in the order it wants and if you have say two Mk82's, it will drop them all, so go for asymmetric load-outs. Also, it's a funky CCRP/CCIP combo on the drop. Just have to fiddle with it, but once you see how it's working it's fairly easy.

Honestly didn't look to close at the instrument readouts in the A...

Sage

@ Jar

I downloaded the Hornet mod from the Stinger site. Is it the same hornet model in this thread? If so, I take it is meant only for DCS 2, (stated somewhere, readme I think).

Another thing, I still can't get the A/G mode to work in the A model. All I get when pressing keys 2 through 7, is "INST" on HUD. Plus, none of the instruments work in the plane. RPM readout, fuel, etc...

The C model seems to work just fine for A/A, but that's about all I can get. Am I missing something?

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

• 4 weeks later...

hello to all........i installed the f18c but i cannot see it in aircraft list to assign joy commands.(in settings)......can you help me?

in particuar i cannot assign alt g to drop tailhook, i have no option for this, and i don't even see su33 in the list as pdf says.......

also, where do i find the a7 corsair? is it still downlodable ?

thnaks for your help,

david

Edited by dave76

hello to all........i installed the f18c but i cannot see it in aircraft list to assign joy commands.(in settings)......can you help me?

in particuar i cannot assign alt g to drop tailhook, i have no option for this, and i don't even see su33 in the list as pdf says.......

also, where do i find the a7 corsair? is it still downlodable ?

thnaks for your help,

david

You can download the A-7 from here

http://isva.clan.su/load/dcs_1_5_mods_aircrafts/1-1-0-12

For the F-18 you need to have Flaming cliffs 3 installed or an F-15 module. Ow and btw how did you installed the module ? The imput problems that you have make me think that you did not installed some of the folders and imput configurations.

Uninstall the mod , redownload it from the link i posted and install it with JSGME(best way to install/uninstall mods without F***ing your DCS install)

If you have the same problems tell us.

Thanks Dallas,

VFA-113 has been developing what we think is the most realistic Carrier Ops possible in DCS. It has been produced with the assistance of numerous real world USNaval aircrew.

We are putting a package together for public release including videos on how to use our mods.

Hello good sir, any ETA on the package and links where we can get it ?

Edited by predattak

You can download the A-7 from here

http://isva.clan.su/load/dcs_1_5_mods_aircrafts/1-1-0-12

For the F-18 you need to have Flaming cliffs 3 installed or an F-15 module. Ow and btw how did you installed the module ? The imput problems that you have make me think that you did not installed some of the folders and imput configurations.

Uninstall the mod , redownload it from the link i posted and install it with JSGME(best way to install/uninstall mods without F***ing your DCS install)

If you have the same problems tell us.

Hello good sir, any ETA on the package and links where we can get it ?

thank you.....i try to reinstall the f18 and tell you something :)

Edited by dave76

well, i did not solve, still no way to assign controls to f18....do not have flaming cliff.

now also if i select fly mission from mission editor the sim does not start in the cockpit of aircraft i chose to fly...but from nimitiz deck or i see the map only............????????? dcs is 1.5

Edited by dave76

well, i did not solve, still no way to assign controls to f18....do not have flaming cliff.

now also if i select fly mission from mission editor the sim does not start in the cockpit of aircraft i chose to fly...but from nimitiz deck or i see the map only............????????? dcs is 1.5

Hmm.. question : Do you have at least the F-15 stand alone module? What F-18 does not work the F-18C or F-18A or both? You really need at least the F-15 module.

Anyway if you don't have FC3 or at least the F-15 module you won't be able to use this mod , only air to ground and heat seeking a2a (using su 25T avionics).

About the controls, you can't assign the controls because it uses the Su-33 controls so you must change the controls in the Su-33 tab but if you don't have FC3 you don't have Su-33 and so on. There are ways around it but... well even if you make a custom Su-33 module and you are able to change the controls it's going to be boring to only hit ground targets. Get the F-15 module , it's cheap.

If you get the F-15 module i will help you make this real.

Contact me on steam when you have one of the modules (FC3 or F-15C) steamcommunity.com/id/bastanu25

If you wonder waht am i talking about when i say Stand alone F-15C module , here --> http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/eagle_fc/

________U P D A T E_______

Good news for you , i looked at the updated F-18 mod (the one that you downloaded) looks like you don't need the Su-33 anymore, now it uses the F-15 imput controls file. All you need is the F-15 module and you are good to go.

Edited by predattak

Hmm.. question : Do you have at least the F-15 stand alone module? What F-18 does not work the F-18C or F-18A or both? You really need at least the F-15 module.

Anyway if you don't have FC3 or at least the F-15 module you won't be able to use this mod , only air to ground and heat seeking a2a (using su 25T avionics).

About the controls, you can't assign the controls because it uses the Su-33 controls so you must change the controls in the Su-33 tab but if you don't have FC3 you don't have Su-33 and so on. There are ways around it but... well even if you make a custom Su-33 module and you are able to change the controls it's going to be boring to only hit ground targets. Get the F-15 module , it's cheap.

Contact me on steam when you have one of the modules (FC3 or F-15C) steamcommunity.com/id/bastanu25

If you wonder waht am i talking about when i say Stand alone F-15C module , here --> http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/eagle_fc/

Good news for you , i looked at the updated F-18 mod (the one that you downloaded) looks like you don't need the Su-33 anymore, now it uses the F-15 imput controls file. All you need is the F-15 module and you are good to go.

fine but i have the f15c mod.......the f18 i refer is the c version ;)

fine but i have the f15c mod.......the f18 i refer is the c version ;)

Well that's really weird then.(i have the F-15 module too , i don't have flaming cliffs F-15 was the only module i wanted to fly from the flaming cliffs series so i got only that so if it works for me it must work for you too) From here it's not much i can help you with other than these small advices.

Maybe the mod did not installed properly, go to dcs world/Mods/aircraft/ and check if you have an FA-18C and an Flaming cliffs folder. if one of them is missing , extract the mod archive and copy and paste the 2 folders there.

Check the Flaming Cliffs folder it must contain an imput folder with the imput commands of the jet.

If it's all fine check this:

Go inside FA-18C folder

-open entry.lua with notepad or notepad++

-look for the line "make_flyable" (there must be 2 lines one for the f 18a and one for the f-18c)

-look along the line of the F-18c and you will see this "{nil, old = 6}" (do not change the number from the line with the f-18A that should be 54.)

-the number is important,(it will tell you witch avionics will the jet use) if it's 6 it's ok if it's any other number change it to 6

-save and exit.

Go to editor place the F-18C -> player controlled and fly , see what's going on. While you are at it ,check if the F-18A works for you or it does the same problems.

Tell me exactly what other modules you have and more important what free aircraft mods you have installed .

a track wil be interesting if you can upload one too.

Edited by predattak

Great work as always Jar! You guys have done an amazing job making Naval Ops in DCS fun and flyable without any official released ED modules which is just remarkable:D

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

• 3 weeks later...

hello again, now i am able to fly it, the last thing to solve is that under settings/ f15c/controls/systems there is no tail hook voice , so lalt g does not work for me to lower and raise tail hook.

predattak thanks a lot for all your help, :) :) :)

Edited by dave76