Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

*** FOR 2.5+: Make sure all human players are in separate groups / flights ***

Example Missions Thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2621619

For a VSAAF mission we wanted to be able to use of the flyable C-130 mod to deploy troops and vehicles to the battlefield. I then thought it would be great if we could actually use the sling load cargo for something useful in this mission so I created a new script dubbed Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment that makes Hueys and Mi-8s a deadly addition to the battlefield. :D

This script is a rewrite of some of the functionality of the original Complete Combat Troop Transport Script (CTTS) by Geloxo (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108523), as well as adding many new features.

The script supports:

•  
  • Troop Loading / Unloading via Radio Menu
    • AI Units can also load and unload troops automatically
    • Troops can spawn with RPGs and Stingers / Iglas if enabled.
    • Different troop groups can be loaded. The groups can easily be modifed by editing CTLD. By Default the groups are:
      • AT Group
      • AA Group
      • Mortar Group
      • Standard Group

[*]Vehicle Loading / Unloading via Radio Menu for C-130 / IL-76 (Other large aircraft can easily be added) (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/668878/?sphrase_id=1196134)

You will need to download the modded version of the C-130 from GitHub (JSGME Ready) that fixes the Radio Menu

[*]Coloured Smoke Marker Drops by Helis (Using Radio Menu for marking )

[*]Extractable Soldier Spawn at a trigger zone

[*]Extractable soldier groups added via mission editor

[*]Unit construction using crates spawned at a logistics area and dropped via Simulated Cargo Sling or Real Cargo Sling

• HAWK AA System requires 3 separate and correct crates to build
      • HAWK system can also be rearmed after construction by dropping another Hawk Launcher nearby and unpacking. Separate repair crate can also be used.

[*]BUK AA System requires 2 separate and correct crates to build

• BUK system can also be rearmed after construction by dropping another BUK Launcher nearby and unpacking. Separate repair crate can also be used.

• KUB AA System requires 2 separate and correct crates to build
      • KUB system can also be rearmed after construction by dropping another KUB Launcher nearby and unpacking. Separate repair crate can also be used.

[*]HMMWV TOW

[*]HMMWV MG

[*]HMMWV JTAC - Will Auto Lase and mark targets with smoke if enabled

[*]SKP-11 JTAC - Will Auto Lase and mark targets with smoke if enabled

[*]Mortar

[*]Stinger MANPAD

[*]Igla MANPAD

[*]BTR-D

[*]BRMD-2

[*]FOB Building

• Homing using FM Radio Beacon

[*]Easy Beacon Creation using Mission Editor plus Beacon Naming

[*]Radio Beacon Deployment

• Ability to deploy a homing beacon that the A10C, Ka-50, Mi-8 and Huey can home on

[*]Pre loading of units into AI vehicles via a DO SCRIPT

[*]Mission Editor Trigger functions

• Preload Troops into Transport
    • Spawn Extractable Zones at a zone
    • Activate / Deactivate Pickup Zone
    • Change Remaining Groups For a Pickup Zone
    • Unload Transport
    • Auto Unload Transport in Proximity to Enemies
    • Count Crates in Zone - Works for both crates added by the Mission Editor and Crates spawned by Transports
    • Count soldiers extracted to a zone (the soldiers disappear)
    • Count Extractable GROUPS in zone

[*]Advanced Scripting Callback system

And much more!

You can disable all the crate logistics by editing the script options if you just want to use it just for troops transport.

Please see GitHub for a full manual and run through of the features as well as a test mission. https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Please let me know if you have any ideas for find any bugs!

Thanks to Geloxo for making the original CTTS script :)

Rather than repeatedly editing this post, the full list of features and README will be updated by following the link below:

Download Here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Latest Release Post Here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2751465&postcount=456

Latest Version: 1.61

EWR and Troop Groups:

zLwsIdydblY

Beacon Test

jSmns_MdiiQ

Video of FOB building (I cheat and spawn 8 crates) as well as loading troops and showing the navigation to the FOB

Video of new HAWK System building:

183988480_dcs2015-05-1016-45-25-32_zpsn1hqv2y3.thumb.PNG.75cd14a2b1121609f78bb81fc4d81994.PNG

960388411_dcs2015-05-1016-45-49-86_zpssmg1tvki.thumb.PNG.9b57eaed81f050fb2a670aeed06534f6.PNG

963228938_dcs2015-05-1016-46-10-44_zpsqr8oducw.thumb.PNG.069be51cc0d43400dfe2845ec85ccc26.PNG

Edited by Ciribob
  • Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

For a VSAAF mission we wanted to be able to use the awesome flyable C-130 mod to deploy troops and vehicles to the battlefield. I then thought it would be great if we could actually use the sling load cargo for something useful in this mission so I created a new script dubbed Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment that makes Hueys and Mi-8s a deadly addition to the battlefield. :D

This script is a rewrite of some of the functionality of the original Complete Combat Troop Transport Script (CTTS) by Geloxo (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108523), as well as adding new features.

The script supports:

• Troop Loading / Unloading via Radio Menu
    • AI Units can also load and unload troops automatically

[*]Vehicle Loading / Unloading via Radio Menu for C-130 (Other large aircraft can easily be added) (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/668878/?sphrase_id=1196134)

• You will need to download the modded version of the C-130 from my GitHub (JSGME Ready) that fixes the Radio Menu

[*]Coloured Smoke Marker Drops

[*]Extractable Soldier Spawn at a trigger zone

[*]Extractable soldier groups added via mission editor

[*]Pre loading of units into AI vehicles via a DO SCRIPT

[*]Unit construction using crates spawned at a logistics area and dropped via cargo sling

• HAWK AA System requires 3 separate and correct crates to build
      • HAWK system can also be rearmed after construction by dropping another Hawk Launcher nearby and unpacking

[*]HMMWV TOW

[*]HMMWV MG

[*]Mortar

[*]MANPAD

You can disable all the crate logistics by editing the script options if you just want to use it just for troops transport.

Please see GitHub for a full manual and run through of the features as well as a test mission. https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

The HAWK system is really deadly and well worth the time and effort to deploy to the field. Be warned, it will require 3 trips to build!

Helicopters can also drop coloured smoke which is very useful for marking the crates once dropped.

Please let me know if you have any ideas for find any bugs!

For Russia, I'd like to have a different selection of units but I'm unsure what to give them so currently they have the same options as the USA.

If you find a way to name cargo and also to remove static objects please let me know! :helpsmilie: AFAIK the destroy function doesn't work for cargo crates.

Thanks to Geloxo for making the original CTTS script :)

Wow! You put together all the things I was interested in! you mean you can transport mortars to usethem later?

An option could be, tHe infantry units will mark themselves (or enemy) with colour smoke when they find enemies in 300 m for instance... and radio a message.

Wow! You put together all the things I was interested in! you mean you can transport mortars to usethem later?

An option could be, tHe infantry units will mark themselves (or enemy) with colour smoke when they find enemies in 300 m for instance... and radio a message.

Yup you can! You picked the one unit I haven't tested much though so although you can deploy I'm not sure if it engages. Let me know if it works for you!

For marking units, it might be possible to use my auto jtac lase script for a dropped unit. Can you think of a good unit to use as deployable jtac? Could just be one of the hummers.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I did not test it yet, but can it extract infantry groups with no need of trigger zone like CTTS?

Yup, it was originally a rewrite of the CTTS script so nearly all ctts behaviour is supported. Main feature of ctts that's missing is count in zone

Yup, it was originally a rewrite of the CTTS script so nearly all ctts behaviour is supported. Main feature of ctts that's missing is count in zone

I have never use that feature.... But I see now you can deploy blue RPGs! which is awsome. I have done few single player tests and it works really good.

For you, to see what we do in our squadron, let me send you two pictures... that is about 10 UHs, with Gunners, Recon, and tranport. Also, in this mission there was 4 A10.... So, we really care about this script!!!!

I want to ask you what we would like (we do it with triggers... very unelegant and in some cases it does not work properly)

We would like to include mortars, and manpads and even ZSU23mm as "extractable troops" so we can deploy them too through this script.

We would like them to be named "extract" or any other name, so we can put them in the ME and transport whenever and wherever we want.

AND, for the mortars, we put about 4 infantry in the same group, so when three of them are dead, the mortar stops working. (may be this is too complicated ) but please if you can, please add this units. This would be great, at least that you can put mortars like M4, or M249 infantry units.

Can you imagine with 8 transports, doing two trips, this could be around 100 infantry troops, 2 manpads, and a mortar battery.

THIS WOULD BE LEGEN..... WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT......DARYYYYYY!!!!!

Thanks anyway!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=117239&d=1430750297

attachment.php?attachmentid=117240&d=1430750297

Edited by ESAc_matador
  • Like 1

For a

If you find a way to name cargo and also to remove static objects please let me know! :helpsmilie: AFAIK the destroy function doesn't work for cargo crates.

You can use teleportozone .... first you create a trigger zone in a corner of the map. Then with load option, the crate teleport to there, ( simulating you have embarkembarked it, and setting a flag value). Then, when you deploy it, you do a teleportinpoint("cratename", getbayname('helicargo1', etc etc etc)

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/TeleportToPoint

Quite rude and ugly solution, but it works. We have done that via ME.

Time more 5》flag100=0

Time more 5>add radio item" load" flag value 100=1

Time more 5>add radio item" unload" flag value 100=2

Switched conditio> flag100=1> teleportorandomzone ('crate', 'zoneinthecorner')

Switched conditio> flag100=2> teleportinpoint("cratename", getbayname('helicargo1)', etc etc etc)

The problem is that if we put the radio message in a unit via ME, the CTTS broke in multiplayer. So, we had to define wich helicopter is going to carry the item beforehand.

I wish i can write this code so, every player can transport such item.

I hope this can give you an idea.

Edited by ESAc_matador

I have never use that feature.... But I see now you can deploy blue RPGs! which is awsome. I have done few single player tests and it works really good.

For you, to see what we do in our squadron, let me send you two pictures... that is about 10 UHs, with Gunners, Recon, and tranport. Also, in this mission there was 4 A10.... So, we really care about this script!!!!

I want to ask you what we would like (we do it with triggers... very unelegant and in some cases it does not work properly)

We would like to include mortars, and manpads and even ZSU23mm as "extractable troops" so we can deploy them too through this script.

We would like them to be named "extract" or any other name, so we can put them in the ME and transport whenever and wherever we want.

AND, for the mortars, we put about 4 infantry in the same group, so when three of them are dead, the mortar stops working. (may be this is too complicated ) but please if you can, please add this units. This would be great, at least that you can put mortars like M4, or M249 infantry units.

Can you imagine with 8 transports, doing two trips, this could be around 100 infantry troops, 2 manpads, and a mortar battery.

THIS WOULD BE LEGEN..... WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT......DARYYYYYY!!!!!

Thanks anyway!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=117239&d=1430750297

attachment.php?attachmentid=117240&d=1430750297

There are a few ways to do what you want with some modifications to the script.

To be able to spawn and transport a ZSU you can add it to the crate radio menu by editing ctld.spawnableCrates .

ctld.spawnableCrates = {
   ["M1045 HMMWV TOW"] = { weight = 1400, desc = "HMMWV - TOW", unit = "M1045 HMMWV TOW" },
   ["M1043 HMMWV Armament"] = { weight = 1200, desc = "HMMWV - MG", unit = "M1043 HMMWV Armament" },
   ["2B11 mortar"] = { weight = 200, desc = "2B11 Mortar", unit = "2B11 mortar" },
   ["Stinger manpad"] = { weight = 210, desc = "MANPAD", unit = "Stinger manpad" },
   ["Hawk ln"] = { weight = 1000, desc = "HAWK Launcher", unit = "Hawk ln" },
   ["Hawk sr"] = { weight = 1010, desc = "HAWK Search Radar", unit = "Hawk sr" },
   ["Hawk tr"] = { weight = 1020, desc = "HAWK Track Radar", unit = "Hawk tr" },
   ["ZU-23 Emplacement"] =  { weight = 1100, desc = "Zu-23", unit = "ZU-23 Emplacement" },
}

and adding an extra radio command under AA crates

missionCommands.addCommandForGroup(_groupId, "ZU-23", { "AA Crates" }, ctld.spawnCrate, { _unitName, "ZU-23 Emplacement" })

The Zu-23 will then be spawnable in a crate and carried to the battlefield and unpacked.

You can instead just make all the groups as you said in the mission editor and add their group names to the ctld.extractableGroups list, the manual on github has a good explaination. You'll then be able to land next to them and pick up and drop them off anywhere you like. The groups can have any unit you like in it and it'll still fit in the Huey :)

Mortars and MANPADS are already deployable using crates.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your mission :D

• Like 1

You can use teleportozone .... first you create a trigger zone in a corner of the map. Then with load option, the crate teleport to there, ( simulating you have embarkembarked it, and setting a flag value). Then, when you deploy it, you do a teleportinpoint("cratename", getbayname('helicargo1', etc etc etc)

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/TeleportToPoint

Quite rude and ugly solution, but it works. We have done that via ME.

Time more 5》flag100=0

Time more 5>add radio item" load" flag value 100=1

Time more 5>add radio item" unload" flag value 100=2

Switched conditio> flag100=1> teleportorandomzone ('crate', 'zoneinthecorner')

Switched conditio> flag100=2> teleportinpoint("cratename", getbayname('helicargo1)', etc etc etc)

The problem is that if we put the radio message in a unit via ME, the CTTS broke in multiplayer. So, we had to define wich helicopter is going to carry the item beforehand.

I wish i can write this code so, every player can transport such item.

I hope this can give you an idea.

Thanks, I tried the teleportToPoint function directly but it didn't seem to work for crates but it gives me an idea so I'll try something else. Thanks!

• Like 1

I´m also testing this wonderful CTLD script file and i can´t really tell you how happy i feel with it. Now i can edit and create missions exactly the way i want without any limit with just one single .lua file.

Thanks a lot for your coding efforts ¡¡¡

Only one thing.

I´m testing RED side extractable troops and units for Russia. But every time i load russian troops, or a russian unit ( RED SIDE ) and then unload it, it changes from Russia to UKRAINE. If both countries are in the same coalition this is not a problem, but if Ukraine is on the BLUE side, when you unload the troops they change from RED to BLUE side ( Ukraine ) and they start shooting at any RED unit.

For the BLUE side all runs smooth. USA troops and units loaded, and USA is returned.

If you could be so kind to take a look at that.

Thanks a lot.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I´m also testing this wonderful CTLD script file and i can´t really tell you how happy i feel with it. Now i can edit and create missions exactly the way i want without any limit with just one single .lua file.

Only one thing.

I´m testing RED side extractable troops and units for Russia. But every time i load russian troops, or a russian unit ( RED SIDE ) and then unload it, it changes from Russia to UKRAINE. If both countries are in the same coalition this is not a problem, but if Ukraine is on the BLUE side, when you unload the troops they change from RED to BLUE side ( Ukraine ) and they start shooting at any RED unit.

For the BLUE side all runs smooth. USA troops and units loaded, and USA is returned.

Thanks a lot.

I'll take a look tonight, thanks for testing! Should be an easy fix.

Glad you like it

Only one thing.

Thanks a lot.

Just uploaded a new version to GitHub that fixes this

Thanks for the detailed report, it made finding the bug a lot easier!

:)

Thanks to you mate !!!

In our squad we have our brains stressed at max to employ CTLD at full power. Almost one week every afternoon testing, flying and enjoying it.

Thanks again for your kind support.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Thanks to you mate !!!

In our squad we have our brains stressed at max to employ CTLD at full power. Almost one week every afternoon testing, flying and enjoying it.

Thanks again for your kind support.

That's brilliant to hear. Glad its working well! Are you finding the right crate easy enough?

I was thinking of adding limits to the crates so maybe you can only get a few humvees from a certain logistics area and only aa crates from another. What do you think?

In Use

Wow, now that is one good script, Helicopters are deadly now thanks to you. Limits would be a cool option, especially if it could be turned on or off easily in the script like smoke is. It was amazing to sling-load these payloads to a destination and deploy actually AA and ground assets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the limits using this script should come from the editors and not from limiting the scripting. I think it should be the mission creator who must edit rhe mission to his own taste instead limiting the great resources this script has to offer.

Also like the post before, maybe more true-false options for crates could be added. No problem here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the limits using this script should come from the editors and not from limiting the scripting. I think it should be the mission creator who must edit rhe mission to his own taste instead limiting the great resources this script has to offer.

Also like the post before, maybe more true-false options for crates could be added. No problem here.

New version on github under the test branch if you want to help test.

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/tree/testing?files=1

I've made it much easier to customise the spawnable crates as you only have to edit spawnableCrates and not the radio menu.

You can now spawn an unarmed JTAC humvee that will place smoke on enemies as well as lase. By default each side is limited to 5 but that can be changed at the top of the script.

When its fully tested I'll move it to the master branch and update the readme

Still not sure how to make it easy to set per logistic zone limits but I'll think of something.

Thanks for all the great feedback and let me know if you have any issues

Had a spare hour so it's now fully tested and merged with the master branch.

I've reorganised the file a bit to make finding the right parts to edit easier as well as moving the external mission editor functions higher up.

The Readme has been updated on GitHub and the script now supports all the features of https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-JTACAutoLaze . The JTAC can be pre-added to the mission or dropped by a Helicopter.

Latest Version here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Let me know if you find any issues!

i had received the following error but on the previous version. still trying to work out what it is.

451854998_CTLDError.png.f8f0cc472aa8e56d689256211de683d9.png

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will the dropped troops follow waypoints

Hello,

Sorry for my question from a beginner in lua but can we make the dropped troops follow way points like we do within the gui. From the ctts explanation, it seems it isn t possible

I am building a mission whey the hueys would drop troops about 500 feets from a house , the they shoukd walk up to the house, penetrate in it (so i would hide them or make them disappear) then they would come out and walk to a pick up point .

I am not sure i can do it with this fantastic script

Thank you in advance for your help

All the best