x52 pro pinkie

I m in the tedious process to configure a generic profile to use in DCS.

I'm not interested in using clutch or pinkie mode, I want these buttons to behave just like normal buttons, and then setup their functions directly in dcs, for every different aircraft.

Yet, I see that the pinkie button has some erratic behaviour, sometimes its pressing gets detected, sometimes no (while the clutch has became btn 31 and works fine).

How to map it to behave like a generic button?

Also, I would like to have the trackpoint on the throttle not to be interpreted like a mouse, but would like to use it as some kind of hat or, if not possible, to map it like keys are assigned to it.

Has anybody any advice on how to do this? I'm kinda at a loss with the profiler, doesnt seem a great piece of software to me..

thx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

From my experience with the same HOTAS you only have to assign the pinkie or clutch buttons to a function in the game the same as you would any other key, however with the clutch button you need to go into Control Panel and then right click on the HOTAS icon and then go into the properties of the X52 Pro (where you see all the axis and buttons listed) and select the MFD tab and then untick the box that enables the the clutch button as a clutch button.

As for the mouse hat, you can map it like keys but it requires setting each axis on the mouse hat up as bands and then each band has different % where stuff happens, for example it's x axis may have 3 bands 33%, 66%, and 100% and on 33/66 nothing happens but on 100 it makes whatever keystroke you assign to it.

You have to do that in the SST profiler and use the profile you make each time you want to use the mouse hat as buttons. I've never done it but have seen it done on a few profiles I've downloaded, and yes it's not the greatest piece of software.

Edited by Raven_Morpheus
  • Like 1

Additionally, if you create an SST profile for mouse pad to behave as buttons etc, then you have to delete any shifted state column in profile if you also want pinkie to behave as button as well.

Edited by sungsam
  • Like 1

DCS F16C 52+ w JHMCS ! DCS AH64D Longbow !

I'm not sure the hotas software is working properly.

- The clutch button I managed to make it like a "ordinary" button, and it becomes button 31. In game is recognized normally.

- The pinkie, if the hotas software is running, does not get detected in-game, no matter how I assign it in the software. If, instead, the software is not running, pinkie button is treated as another ordinary button in-game, and is detected as button 6.

- The trackpoint on the throttle works only as a mouse: I tried to change its behaviour in the software to every option available but it doesn't nothing in game (even assigning a key combination with the "bands" option).

I'm thinking that maybe I should turn off the software and at least get the pinkie functional in DCS. I would regret that the trackball would make for another "sorta hat" which would be especially useful in the A10C, and I suppose, in the upcoming F-18C; while it's totally useless as a mouse, imho. I'm wondering if anybody has ever used that as a hat.

thx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

If I hear you correctly, the pinkie button is not working after being programmed. I had the same experience. If you readjust the handle with knob on the back of the stick handle, you may get it to work as programmed. Hope this helps,

BadBud

jeez.

I ve never seen such a piece of crap of a software.

Can't click on the buttons programming spaces twice without getting errors, unhandled exceptions and things.

I think I'll be giving up on this, at least until mad catz or whoever writes this get their shit together and release a working version (although I very much doubt so).

I guess my teen cousin coulda had done a better job writing this utility in vb than what these pro did.

Anyway, sorry for the rants. thanks for ur replies, I think I understood how to get it the hotas to work as intended

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FWIW I also launch an empty profile. I map the pinkie in game as a modifier. Other people do different things, after several years i'm happy enough but the x52 has some silly throttle sliders and wheels and mouse sticks I have to say.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I stuck at version 6.x of SST and drivers. The newer ones are really crap in my point of view!

do ya think they still around?

because if ya say they at least work I'll be grabbing them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

they are available at the ftp... ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/

You might need to remove the old stuff completely from your system...http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1374027&postcount=2

I installed the v6 of the software.. The profiler works well, without crashes or other stunts.

I managed to make the pinkie as I wanted, by eliminating the switched states modes.

The only thing not working is the tracking point. Even in the v6, whatever I assign to it, it doesn't work, if it's not used as a mouse.

I'll try to play around with it a little more, but in the end, I can live without that particular control. The hotas is a very fine one, maybe not a tm warthog but yet a very precise and effective control stick and throttle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]