How to limit min & max FoV with the new system?

Echo38

A few years ago, when I first installed DCS, I immediately went poking about files & asking on the forums, and figured out how to edit FoV & other camera angle limits. However, sometime during my involuntary break from DCS, the system was changed, and now my old files no longer work properly. I've done a few forum searches, and can't get a comprehensive answer which doesn't involve the old (now out-dated) methods.

There's some new files (views.lua in the CoreMods dir/subdir's), but these only seem to exist for the newer (third-party?) aircraft. The A-10C and P-51D don't seem to have them.

So, what's the most current way to edit the min & max FoV for the older aircraft, without effecting multiplayer compatibility?

To change the A10c and P-51 go here:

x/Program files/Eagle Dynamics/DSCWorld/Config/View.lua

Edit with Notepad++

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

This works for me:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137271&highlight=Zoom

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yeah I don't think it would work for keys. Do you have pedals? That's the axis I have assigned, my right toe axis. It works really well because it keeps your fingers free for other commands. I started doing this in RoF when I didn't have a HOTAS with extra sliders. Now with the A-10 and CH HOTAS I still don't have sliders to spare but the foot control is great. I just use buttons for the R and L brakes on the WWII birds which works fine. For me zoom is a much more used command than R&L brakes. My left toe brake is a mono brake axis. I did have to invert the axis in CH so that letting go of the toe will zoom out.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Well, I've tried adding the old line

CameraViewAngleLimits[A_10C] = {30.0, 100.0}

to server.lua & also, separately, in view.lua, in the DCS installation sub-directory; I've also tried adding it to snapviews.lua (created by hitting the "save snapview" key in-game) in the Saved Games directory, as notes in one of the other files recommended making changes there rather than in the default file. I even tried copying view.lua to the Saved Games directory and adding it to that.

As all that failed, I tried altering the line to resemble existing lines in other files; I added the line

CameraViewAngleLimits = {30.000000,100.000000},

to the

ViewSettings["A-10C"] = {

part of the server.lua

I'm stumped. Nothing works; I'm always stuck with the default, extreme settings for min & max FoV, and I can't fly blind like this. When I hit my "zoom all the way out" key, everything's too tiny to see, and when I hit my "zoom all the way in" key, I have no FoV.

Surely someone knows the new lines & which files to add them to. I'd appreciate help getting my old camera settings working again, with the new .lua file system.

Edited by Echo38

Well, I've found at least a partial solution: there are some lines near the top of the server.lua file (at least, near the top on mine),

function default_fighter_player(t)

local res = {

CameraViewAngleLimits = {20.000000,140.000000},

These lines apparently are global for all of my aircraft (which is fine for me, as I want all of my aircraft to have the same values, although it'd leave me out in the wind if I wanted my A-10 to have different FoV limits than my other birds). Editing those values to 30, 100 has fixed my problem in single-player. However, as I understand it, server.lua always uses the host's values in multiplayer, so I expect that, as soon as I join any multiplayer server other than my own, I'm going to be half-blind again. Any better place to put these lines other than server.lua, to work around these two problems?

Edited by Echo38