So... Where am I supposed to park?

I like to keep things as realistic as possible and I suppose this applies to all the fixed-wing aircraft. My question is this: once I land on the runway, where is this fabled "parking position" to which I am directed to taxi by ATC? I would imagine that's also where I can get the ground crew to rearm and repair me but I can never find the exact spot on each (or any for that matter) airfield. Is there a map somewhere showing where the various parking spots are supposed to be?

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Enable to rearm and repair the airport needs to be your team. And there is no assigned parking spaces, so just take one that's available :)

• Like 1

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

...But be aware that if it isn't exclusively your spot, another aircraft may spawn on top of you!

Lol +1

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Or join a MP server with human controllers, they'll point you to a spot to take as well as havinh the option to liven up the airport with CA vehicles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Hmm, I'll have to try this again. Most times when I request rearm / repair I seem to just get a terse "unable" and nothing happens. More experimentation necessary...

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Hmm, I'll have to try this again. Most times when I request rearm / repair I seem to just get a terse "unable" and nothing happens. More experimentation necessary...

Live the canopy opened when requesting rearm/ repair ;) and your engine RPM=0.000.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

You don't need to have canopy open.

I ream/refuel all aircraft canopy closed, engine running while being parked right off the runway.

It's just that the airport must be registered on your side or it won't happen

335th_GREros

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I ream/refuel all aircraft canopy closed, engine running while being parked right off the runway.

This is probably the problem. I'll give this a try first. Thanks for the tips everyone :thumbup:

errr, what aircraft btw? 'cause if FC3 aircraft, you need to be shut down, all others can hot-refuel/rearm.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Or join a MP server with human controllers, they'll point you to a spot to take as well as havinh the option to liven up the airport with CA vehicles.

i haven't come across a server like that so far.

it would be good if there was a atc system like in fsx. so that we could know which taxi way to follow and which parking area to use.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Such servers are a myth. One can be gratefull whenever players manage to take off and land into the same direction and the runwayss are not littered with wrecks or parked aircraft on the runway and taxiways.
Edited by Ulanthorn

We don't manage a public server, but the 132nd virtual wing uses controllers for ground, tower, approach/departure and AWACS during training and missions.

The controllers within 132nd are also capable of providing human JTACs and also trains extensively both internal and with external virtual squadrons and groups.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

We don't manage a public server, but the 132nd virtual wing uses controllers for ground, tower, approach/departure and AWACS during training and missions.

The controllers within 132nd are also capable of providing human JTACs and also trains extensively both internal and with external virtual squadrons and groups.

Wow, there is a whole sub culture out there. Do you have a thread on the type of things, like what the Awacs do, the other guys? Are they pilots who just volunteer to do JTAC or AWACS or does someone sit there and call out the bogeys?

Interesting! :thumbup:

We have a website, http://www.132virtualwing.org, have a look around.

Also, our youtube channel shows basic comms 101 as well as two earlier missions the pilots and controllers did. You can view POW rescue and Saved by a dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqwGk59cnEPIaeUYGoxqnmA

We use LOTATC http://lotatc.dartsite.org/ as a radar client to guide aircrafts to their targets, call out bogeys and bandits, make sure traffic is seperated correctly and so on. This, coupled with Aries Wing radio system and Gossipbox allows the controllers to perform several duties at once or coordinate between each other. Gossipbox allows up to 10 frequencies to be monitored. See http://www.ariescon.com for more info.

The JTAC usually positions itself on a hilltop overlooking the target area and begins to make a battle plan, following official JTAC procedure (Air request, Check-in, Situation update, 9-line, BDA) and can/will work together with other JTACS, STARS, FAC(A)'s, fixed wing and rotary wing assets. The JTAC can be stationary (usually) but we've also done a UH1 with an airborne JTAC trying to locate targets in an urban enviroment.

Edited by Looney

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What plane dude ?

Arcade mode ? XD

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

What plane dude ?

Arcade mode ? XD

When I land the A10C on a runway of a friendly airbase and park on the taxiway, I can rearm/refuel without stopping the engines or without opening the canopy. No arcade/game mode.

FC3 planes have to be shutdown.

When I land the A10C on a runway of a friendly airbase and park on the taxiway, I can rearm/refuel without stopping the engines or without opening the canopy. No arcade/game mode.

FC3 planes have to be shutdown.

As in RL the A-10C can be rearmed without shutting down for a quick turn around, as the engines are high up, so I read recently.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

For an A-10C to REPAIR the engines have to be off.

You can switch the coms to INT and talk to the ground crew w/o opening the canopy.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.