Notices

Old 04-11-2015, 11:14 AM   #1
Sabre-TLA

Reputation power: 18
Sabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really nice
Default M1A2 Abrams Basic Vehicle Qualification Campaign

Maple Flag Missions is pleased to announce that we have released our newest campaign: M1A2 Abrams Basic Vehicle Qualification.

Teaser Video:

This is a 10 mission campaign (with 1 introduction mission) that covers the following:

1. Land Navigation and Map Reading
2. Vehicle Navigation Day
3. Vehicle Navigation Night
4. Stationary Target Engagement Day
5. Stationary Target Engagement Night
6. Moving Target Engagement Day
7. Moving Target Engagement Night
8. Combat Formation Driving Test Day
9. Combat Proficiency Test Day
10. Combat Proficiency Test Night

We also provide 2 documentation packages with the campaign. One covering the maps and diagrams provided in the campaign. The other providing the qualification badge, certificate and user bars.

This is a payware campaign ($4.99 USD) and you can purchase the mission keys from our website here. Select the "Combined Arms, Tanks, M1A2 Abrams" page.

Download packages are available here:

M1A2 Abrams Basic Vehicle Training Qualification
M1A2 Documentation Package
M1A2 User Bar, Badge and Certificate

Also note that since there is no CA Campaign tab we have placed the files in the SU-25T Campaign folder (as well as the Combined Arms Campaign Folder in the event a CA Campaign tab is created at some future point).

You can play the missions as a campaign from the SU-25T tab or play them as individual missions by locating the Combined Arms Campaign folder.

Since this is our first CA campaign we look forward to feedback from users to improve it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sabre-TLA; 04-13-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:07 PM   #2
VuDuBu

Reputation power: 0
VuDuBu is on a distinguished road

Looks pretty sweet! I look forward to trying this out!
VuDuBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:35 AM   #3
SUBS17
Veteran

Reputation power: 28
SUBS17 is a glorious beacon of lightSUBS17 is a glorious beacon of lightSUBS17 is a glorious beacon of lightSUBS17 is a glorious beacon of lightSUBS17 is a glorious beacon of lightSUBS17 is a glorious beacon of lightSUBS17 is a glorious beacon of lightSUBS17 is a glorious beacon of lightSUBS17 is a glorious beacon of lightSUBS17 is a glorious beacon of light

Looks good, I haven't used CA much so this is a good reason to BTW any plans for a JTAC pack?
Old 04-12-2015, 06:28 PM   #4
Sabre-TLA

Sabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really niceSabre-TLA is just really nice

That's our next endeavor when we get past all the planes and vehicles.

I have ambitions to create a single player JTAC campaign where you play as the JTAC and do all the radio calls on all the targets through a number of different scenarios.

Likely we will wait until DCS 2.0 so we can take advantage of the Nellis map.

The challenge will be in making it realistic within the constraints of the mission editor.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:33 AM   #5
Lino_Germany
ED Translator

Reputation power: 8
Lino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the rough

I think that much users do not understand the price model of your missions. They think that they have to pay the $4.99 three times (also for batches and documents). Maybe you should make the price model more transparent? Most of the bad reputation of your work has its source in that misunderstanding. And I think that all of your missons are worth the money!

Lino_Germany
Lino_Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:49 AM   #6
Sabre-TLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lino_Germany View Post
I think that much users do not understand the price model of your missions. They think that they have to pay the $4.99 three times (also for batches and documents). Maybe you should make the price model more transparent? Most of the bad reputation of your work has its source in that misunderstanding. And I think that all of your missons are worth the money!
Thanks Lino.

I guess this message on our website is not clear enough:

"Type: Mission Key for the BVT Campaign unlocks this package."

We also have this posted on each file download page:

** Users who already have a mission key for the campaign can use that to unlock this documentation package. **

Is there a better way to say this?

Last edited by Sabre-TLA; 04-15-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:31 PM   #7
Inrideo

Reputation power: 2
Inrideo will become famous soon enoughInrideo will become famous soon enoughInrideo will become famous soon enoughInrideo will become famous soon enough

Ouch. I saw this and bought it immediately. The key management looks to be a huge pain in the butt though. If I change my hardware config I'm going to have to contact you for a new one? What happens if you get out of the mod business and I upgrade but want the missions? (I expect I'll have already gotten my use out of them prior to that, but I'm curious for future missions I'll want to procure)

T.Flight HOTAS | Custom DIY Cyclic and Collective | AMD FX8350 | 16GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 2x 128 GB SSD | GT 650 Ti Boost
Inrideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #8
Sabre-TLA

You are correct. It's not ideal but it's a requirement from ED for payware. We have been in business for 3 years now and it hasn't been a problem for too many users.

If your SUID changes, reinstall the license program, send us the new SUID and we will send you new keys.

We hope to get all our campaigns added to ED's DLC Campaign site at some point but can't say when that will be.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:15 PM   #9
Inrideo

Inrideo will become famous soon enoughInrideo will become famous soon enoughInrideo will become famous soon enoughInrideo will become famous soon enough

Sure thing.
I'm not a big fan of hardware locked key systems, but I've been a dev and I know where you're coming from.

Looking forward to having fun with the mission

T.Flight HOTAS | Custom DIY Cyclic and Collective | AMD FX8350 | 16GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 2x 128 GB SSD | GT 650 Ti Boost
Old 04-15-2015, 08:14 PM   #10
Inrideo

Installation of the main campaign is painless and shows up under the SU-25 campaign
But I'm not sure how to use the Miz files for the docs. I didn't see anything in the instructions that applied to them. Do they get loaded from Missions instead of campaigns and then unlock into accessible files?