russian cockpit with english tooltips?

Rongor

In the past a/c releases featuring russian cockpits, I enjoyed them very much but still did make use of english tool tips. In the MiG-21bis it seems to be russian cockpit = russian tooltips.

What do I have to do to have the russian cockpit with english tooltips here?

Keep in mind you have to re-apply this change after every DCS update because the file will get overwritten by the updater. I usually forget and find myself back with the Russian tooltips.

I'm working on a more permanent solution to this problem: learning all Russian words in Hint_localizer.lua. :)

Hello everyone,

I stumbeld over this thread and tried to edit the file with windows' editor.

However, after I can't start any MiG missions (quick missions or training missions) The game just won't finish loading.

I tried to revert my changes, but that didn't help neither.

Could the file be compromied because windows editors wordwrap had been active when edited the file?

The current lines in the file are exactly this (including all the whitespaces):

if LockOn_Options.cockpit_language == "russian" then

country = "RU"

end

Does it have to look like this?

EDIT: Whitespaces seem to be autocorrected by the forum.

It is two whitespaces between "if" and "LockOn..." and four in front of "country"

Edited by MiG hooked
automatic text format

Been there, done that.

The lines should look as You described, but Windows notepad messes up something else somewhere in the file, and the module stops working indeed.

Run a DCS repair, then edit the file again, but this time do it using Notepad++ app (recommended for any .lua files editing, just in case).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

no need above steps

just check the custom cockpit livery option

Nice. Is there any way to actually change into a custom cockpit livery? I dig the russian cockpit, but it might be fun to jump into another cockpit if any others are supported. Are they?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• 8 months later...