New Afterburner by Starway

Hey Folks,

if you were wondering where the afterburner from my former screenshots (DCS Vietnam) comes from here is the answer.

I present my afterburner mod including:

-New afterburner 3d Model

-New Textures

Unzip the file and put the NS into DCS World\Mods\tech

Have fun!

04vfaD5.jpg

LnKpfAE.jpg

nC7fd5U.jpg

link to the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aqdhe0sb1f3lvn6/New_Afterburner_by_Starway.rar

Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Smooth borders, and the color and opacity seem easy to edit. I'll test that ASAP.

Thanks for sharing, Starway!

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

K7kYPZ6.jpg

It looks really good in closeup views but it's overbright from a distance on the replay I tried.

(Mozdok, 13PM, winter, neutral HDR, no SweetFX)

My guess is the mipmaping is messing with the multilayered 3D model ? (assuming you used a multilayered model for the AB)

[EDIT: for JSGME users, just create those folders: NameOfTheMod\Mods\tech, and drop \Shapes, \Textures and entry.lua in there]

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

K7kYPZ6.jpg

It looks really good in closeup views but it's overbright from a distance on the replay I tried.

(Mozdok, 13PM, winter, neutral HDR, no SweetFX)

My guess is the mipmaping is messing with the multilayered 3D model ? (assuming you used a multilayered model for the AB)

[EDIT: for JSGME users, just create those folders: NameOfTheMod\Mods\tech, and drop \Shapes, \Textures and entry.lua in there]

great mod, but any chance to tune it down and have a realistic far away effect without overbright?

great mod, but any chance to tune it down and have a realistic far away effect without overbright?

Well, the thing is that I used bano as the designated meterial to have the glowing effect in a close view and transparency. Same material is used by DCS besides bano lights for fire as far as I know.

I never regarded the overbright effect as disturbing in the distance. But maybe I should experiment a bit more with the other materials provided by ED.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Cheers

It's an improvement over the stock ones for sure! But it does indeed look a bit Star Wars (the prequel trilogy that is..). Be sure to let us know what you make of it eventually!

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

I made some more experiments with different materials. Best results are still with bano material even when it´s to bright in the distance.

The other option is to use self illuminated mat. I think the result is ok.

35wg583.jpg

Download provided:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mrtf8aw7jkj6t32/self_illu_afterburner.rar

Best,

SW

I made some more experiments with different materials. Best results are still with bano material even when it´s to bright in the distance.

The other option is to use self illuminated mat. I think the result is ok.

35wg583.jpg

Download provided:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mrtf8aw7jkj6t32/self_illu_afterburner.rar

Best,

SW

I use Self Illuminating Material with decent results.

just gotta adjust the alpha layer and opacity to bring it back up,

the difference is it wont turn into a signal beacon as distances.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 4 weeks later...

If Not using the JSGME how do you install it

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

In my case it is not very visible, but perhaps by the luminance of the day. I like the mod. Thank You!

Screen_150407_042557.jpg~original

it looks very realistic.

we had discussed this issue at older threads.

at ''bright day light'', we cant see the burners at real life but at dcs daylight it can be seen from long and near distances.

at future updates(Dcs World 2),we hope to see the change of afterburner transparency difference at all day long.

if you compare with real life,this screenshot looks very normal.

Edited by theropod

amazing result. where to download?

flanker1

I just edited the texture, because in my case was not very visible flame in close view. For some unknown reason, it did not look as bright as your screenshots or Starway. Then I had to edit the texture. If Starway will allow me, I could load the texture edited.

flanker1

I just edited the texture, because in my case was not very visible flame in close view. For some unknown reason, it did not look as bright as your screenshots or Starway. Then I had to edit the texture. If Starway will allow me, I could load the texture edited.

Thank you T.Jacob,

I think it looks real good. Sure feel free to upload your results.

cheers!

SW