Using Tacview 1.X for modding and mission design

vicx

I am cleaning up a function I was playing with to export scenery objects and statics for viewing in Tacview and now I am getting better results.

Of course it is cool to see buildings in mission playbacks so you can see attacks on map objects BUT you can also use Tacview as a tool for mission building and for modding the Georgia map.

• If you want to mod objects in the Georgia map you can use a Tacview export of the region of interest to work what the different buildings are called.

• If you are building missions then you could use a Tacview export to get information on building types and how much health they have. All 3d objects have a life value but I tweaked this export to only show objects with more than 300 hitpoints.

*Interestiing note* wharfs and some other objects have zero hitpoints. Maybe they can't be destroyed no matter how much you bomb them.

*Interestiing note2* We hope ED has a 3D editor in DCS 2.0 but as you see here there may be other ways to get there.

Here are the shots.

In the Game

tHvoSQ8.jpg

In the F10 MAP

yX8OlTl.jpg

And in the mission editor

4M5YRVJ.jpg

Strange that the Civil boats are missing in the mission editor. Maybe I broke this bit in my DCS.

I would like to share the code at some point but at the moment it isn't plug and play and there are two lil bugs still to be fixed. However while I work on that if anyone wants some exports done of regions of the map they are interested in ASK IN THIS THREAD and I might be able to export a small region.

I'm not exporting every scenery object in the whole map yet. There is a smart way to do it and I haven't looked at it yet.

This is very interesting. Can you build missions with tacview like with DCS Whitchcraft? Meaning you build the mission and then you tweak the placing of mission objects to better suit the needs?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least