Any way to start missions from a carrier?

SFC Tako

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where you unlock this feature so that 'Stangs can start off carrier decks from the beginning of a mission? I know it's not historically accurate, but to me - it's not a big deal really. And if I can change this thing locally on my end, it won't interfere with those who want everything historically accurate on their end.

And then of course there's more aircraft we could have fun with - the Sabre, the Mi-8...

Here's how it's done. It's not THAT hard really, a few tries and you're an able naval aviator;)

About carriers: They have no comms, you can't repair your aircraft on them but they're really fun to work with. And that's why I'd be happy to know where you switch this thing "on" for aircraft.

C'mon now everyone - NAVY! NAVY! :pilotfly:

Edited by SFC Tako

Dude, I was up last night comparing the S3 lua and P-51 lua...found it!

But BIG thanks anyway. I just got lucky, had I've been just a tad more lazy I'd never get hold of this. The funny thing is, you gotta be picky in which way you want to spawn. If I remember correctly, spawning on ramp will set the 'Stang burning ;)

BUT IT'S ON NOW - GO NAVY!!!

@Zilch: The old Corsair is THE most brutal aircraft ever made, it's just badass all the way :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, now I gotta get the repairs working. So far I've only been able to repair the Mi-8 on a carrier. The Huey can start a repair but then it will drop through the deck =##@/€#!!!

Edited by SFC Tako

8<

EDIT: Oh yeah, now I gotta get the repairs working. So far I've only been able to repair the Mi-8 on a carrier. The Huey can start a repair but then it will drop through the deck =##@/€#!!!

Well, that's normal. It has to be taken down to the hanger deck for proper repairs, now doesn't it. :D

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1