Suncom SFS and Talon restoration and mods

Does anyone have any of those gardena nuts that's willing to ship to Canada? I can't order any from ebay

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Does anyone have any of those gardena nuts that's willing to ship to Canada? I can't order any from ebay

Have you checked Canadian Tire? They have a bunch of Gardena stuff... might be worth a shot.

Yeah I tried Canadian tire but they usually only have 5/8 fittings not the 3/4 ones required

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 2 months later...
Yeah I tried Canadian tire but they usually only have 5/8 fittings not the 3/4 ones required

Try Home Depot, i went there today and they had a bunch cause i need a ring too but i didn't buy one case i forgot what size/thread i needed for the stick.

The ones i saw there with metal rings were about 12 or 15 bucks.

WITH ENOUGH THRUST, LIFT IS IRRELEVANT!

Now something on head tracking. I have never had head tracking unit until recently. Thing that hold me back was the price. 167$ for TrackClip Pro Bundle is in my opinion too much for simple electronics. I was looking for alternatives and stumbled upon ED tracker, even better it has DIY version and that is what we do here.

There is Ed tracker pro version for 45 Pounds and wireless for 69 Pounds, but there I saw EDTracker DIY PCB & Enclosure for 8 Pounds. Also Pro micro and MPU (sensor) are needed. I had spare Pro micro and I ordered MPU-9250 sensor from eBay. So in the end I spent around 17 Pounds. Later I found THIS LINK. There you can buy full bundle with all components for 17 Pounds. It is 22$.

I followed THIS instructions for assembly. And THIS for flashing.

Here is soldered PCB. It was very easy, even with my lousy soldering iron.

Pro micro side:

y3WCwdX.jpg

Sensor side

ltKIc8B.jpg

Here it is when placed inside of enclosure

Urucpck.jpg

Enclosure is Hammond 1551G, but some DIY modifications are needed. A hole for switch and slot for micro USB connector.

6pzjKui.jpg

Fully assembled

75QeXBn.jpg

xbNHbkN.jpg

I don't like to wear headphones or a hat so I use headband. A hi tech solution.

FoNUWv7.jpg

kqktNyk.jpg

And that is it works as advertised, no problems at all. I know there are better solutions but this is good enough for me and it is DIY.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi debolesis, I had read almost all this post, I'm impresed with your final results and I had learned a lot from you and the other contributors, I just purchased a used suncom f 15 stick and want to make a similar project probably with a BRD axis base for a VR copckit. I have seen that you designed a custom PCB to make it TM warthog compatible, are some way to obtain one of those? And if so what would be the price?

Thanks a lot

Warthog PCB Connectors

Can anyone point me to a correct source for these little 5 pin connectors used in the Warthog?

L5guG7g.jpg

I ordered some connectors from eBay to rewire a stick and while they LOOKED like the correct connectors in the picture...they aren't. (Not a complete loss...they WILL work with an F-22 board I have sooooooo...)

Thanks in Advance

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Can anyone point me to a correct source for these little 5 pin connectors used in the Warthog?

L5guG7g.jpg

I ordered some connectors from eBay to rewire a stick and while they LOOKED like the correct connectors in the picture...they aren't. (Not a complete loss...they WILL work with an F-22 board I have sooooooo...)

Thanks in Advance

Sierra

The connectors are called 'microJST 1.25' (micro JST connector, 1.25mm pin spacing). Warthog uses 5 and 2 pin plugs, I've bought them off ebay before for pretty cheap but they are common plugs once you know the name.

That is a Cougar in the pic btw, but it uses the same connectors and same board minus one of the single buttons (CMS down)