What version will we get?

HellSpawn000

Will RAZBAM consider the two seat Mirage 2000D as a future extension of the project if shared cockpit features appear in DCS world? (Or even the 2000N nuclear strike version if nuclear weapons ever appear in DCS world?)

Yes, yes, yes, please yes. I am still waiting for this beautiful aircraft. It`s a day one purcase for me.

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

• 2 weeks later...

today they announced that it will have both ccip and ccrp solutions. but how will those modes work if we dont have a pod to designate a spi?

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

You don't need a pod to handle CCRP.

and how do you designate a target?? ccip is ok, but ccrp requires a designated target.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

and how do you designate a target?? ccip is ok, but ccrp requires a designated target.

IIRC, it can be done with a computer using inputs from the INS system and the radar altimeter (probably barometric too if higher?). E.g. I remember reading recently how Harrier GR.3's in the Falklands couldn't use CCRP because they couldn't calibrate their INS system properly while on the deck due to sea conditions.

Of course, absolutely not sure if the same principle is used in the M2000 though.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

mmmmm i cant imagine an effective way of using hud designator lol... that is the worst way of designating a target ever seen.

I saw some mention of the Martel anti-radiation missile as being usable by the version we're getting, is that true?

We are having some discussions about the ARMAT because the aircraft was rated but never used it.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

All i can say is we desperately need something other then su25t to do sead ;). But that will be polarizing in the community between people.

We are already polarized here about the ARMAT, so that is a discussion that we have left for another day. There's plenty to do before touching that issue.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Did the MiG-21 ever use Tactical Nukes?

RAZBAM=/=Leatherneck

Each company is going to come to its own standard as to what weapons to develop. While I agree, it should get the weapon, that's a discussion the team is going to have to make internally.

Guess players could decide for themselves to use it or not.

I agree but the problem with that is that then you could have arguments for implementing weapons that can't be used IRL. Very recently there was a discussion just like this on the F14 forums about aim-120 capability. Problem is i don't actually know if the mirage 2000C could use the AS37 or not, but i think that if it could carry and use it , even if it was never used in real life , we should be able to carry it too. But i can see why devs are hesitant to implement it.

I can't wait to get my hands on this plane. It will be fun to learn the systems and see how it fares in multiplayer. Any chance for a Mirage 2000N-K2 or Mirage 2000D in the future?

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"