What version will we get?

HellSpawn000

Hi there,

First of all, it is very nice to see that such a great project is developing so fast, and soon (unofficially this year if I am not mistaken, but I know, everything is a subject to change:) )this community may have it's second supersonic jet with clickable pit (and probably the first multi-role?).

Looking at those marvellous screenshots a few things came into my mind: The plane is very nice, obviously :D Second, if the M2k module intends to keep MICA AAMs, the model is incorrect: The pitot tube (?), or the pitometer as some of my dictionaries refer are should not be there at the end of the nose cone, and a little antenna should be on the tail fin under the front RWR sensor. As far as I know that little antenna is able to send correctional signs to the MICAs in an engagement; unfortunately I lost the article, but I bet there are a dozen guys here who could tell this better.

Deducting from these observations (the could be minor bug and the fast pace of progress) I was wondering will we get older type of aircraft with only the Magic IIs and Super 530s, or with MICAs (which could increase combat power and game experience significantly)? Opening wikipedia there are also other differences in variations, including A2G radar (2000-5Mk2), different countemeasures, and so on.

I am aware of that some of the systems are classified (I don't dream about a 2000-9), and can not be modelled-so it wouldn't be noticeable, and wouldn't make a difference-no matter how the version is called, but what I mentioned up there it is.

I don't want to be bitchy, just if Razbam could point out which version are they creating, or what is their concept (having a quite A2A version with some A2G capability for the sake of gameplay for example) that would be great.

However it will be this Aircraft is a day one purchase for me that's for sure.

It is the 2000 C. It has improved radar and multi-role capability witbout being very complex.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

From this list of C versions?

Mirage 2000C (RDM) : Provisional version with RDM radar and M53-5 engine.

Mirage 2000C S1, n°1 to 15 : RDM radar R550 Magic II and 2 DEFA 30 mm cannons.

Mirage 2000C S2, n°16 to 19 : RDM radar with better look-down/shoot-down.

Mirage 2000C S3, n°20 to 37 : With Matra Super 530F.

Mirage 2000C (RDI) : RDI radar and M53-P2 engine.

Mirage 2000C S4, n°38 to 48 : RDI J1-1 radar and Matra Super 530D.

Mirage 2000C S4-1, n°49 a 63 : RDI J1-2 radar.

Mirage 2000C S4-2, n°64 a 74 : RDI J2-4 radar.

Mirage 2000C S4-2A : Mirage 2000C S4,S4-1 y S4-2 with RDI J2-5.

Mirage 2000C S5, n°75 to 124 : RDI J3-13 radar.

Mirage 2000C S5-2C, : Mirage 2000C S-5 with new ECCM.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

If I recall correctly, last year one of the developers said it's a C version with RDI radar, the model that was able to carry the Super 530D.

Right now we are doing the systems in the FSX version.

Meanwhile the DCS version will be after we finish the AFM. Then we will start work on the DCS systems. By that time we should be finished with the FSX version systems.

which will allow us to use the HUD, VTB(Radar), WPN panel, and INS navigation of the FSX version and apply that knowledge with all the bells and whistles of the high fidelity that DCS can offer.

We are doing the Mirage 2000C (S-5) which has the RDI radar. Don't get it confused with the Mirage 2000-5, that is an entirely different aircraft. This Mirage is basically an AA interceptor, with very limited AG capabilities. It has the classic cockpit look with FBW abilities.

We have pilots, mechanics, and former officers that know this aircraft very well. Offering what ever information they can.

The real aircraft in which our model is based has RDI radar, carries Magic II and Super 530, Air to Ground ordnance, can truck LGBs but cannot carry the targeting pod, has internal radar jammer.

It also can fire the AS-37 ARMAT and the AM-39 EXOCET.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The real aircraft in which our model is based has RDI radar, carries Magic II and Super 530, Air to Ground ordnance, can truck LGBs but cannot carry the targeting pod, has internal radar jammer.

Thank you for your reply, so than there won't be any MICA AAMs available?

• Like 1

What good are LGB's if they can't carry the Targeting Pod?

And it was not some unusual practice, Tornados had no targeting pod in 91 but dropped lots of LGBs. Buccaneers were buddy-lasing with the (huge) Pave Tack.

Bucc's used the Pave Spike in 91 to buddy lase for the Tornado's. Pave Spike was a generation older than the Pave Tack and had no night time capability. TIALD was in testing at the time with only two pods built.

Looking forward to a western ARM shooter so we can finally hang up the Su-25T for that mission. Looking forward to Exocet as well.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

What good are LGB's if they can't carry the Targeting Pod?
It could act as a bomb truck if some other source (another aircraft with a pod or a ground laser designator) is painting a target for it.

And it was not some unusual practice, Tornados had no targeting pod in 91 but dropped lots of LGBs. Buccaneers were buddy-lasing with the (huge) Pave Tack.

Buddy lasing is an awesome feature that we have in DCSW. I will love to truck some LGB's for JTAC or an A-10C loitering about lighting up a target for me. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Or perhaps a SEPECAT Jaguar lighting up targets for me.

Agreed! This is just as nice. Who would be so bold to bring it so we could add it to our stable?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Something like this?

Exactly! The Jag would be a day one purchase for me.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• 6 months later...

Will RAZBAM consider the two seat Mirage 2000D as a future extension of the project if shared cockpit features appear in DCS world? (Or even the 2000N nuclear strike version if nuclear weapons ever appear in DCS world?)

Regards, Django.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |