New Wheel Stand Pro for Thrustmaster Warthog attachment

Hi guys,

i know there have been reviews on Wheel Stand Pro done here in the past but I just wanted to pass along my thoughts about this product and tell you about a new attachment they have for the Thrustmaster Warthog Flight Stick.

I recently purchased two stands to make a quick very mobile and very realistic cockpit setup anywhere. The new Warthog Flight Stick attachment, really makes all the difference in realistic feel while removing all obstacles that are in the way of your legs as you sit in a chair with your feet positioned on rudder pedals.

Here is my set-up

picture.php?albumid=1013&pictureid=6853

picture.php?albumid=1013&pictureid=6852

As you can see, the new Warthog Flight Stick attachment, allows you to remove the base plate of the flight stick and attach it to a very small foot plate on the Wheel Pro Stand, which gives your legs free unobstructed movement for your rudder pedals.

I am very pleased with this setup and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a little more realism to add to your DCS experience. These stands are very high quality, very sturdy, and very easy to quickly set up out of the box.

Wheel Stand Pro for Thrustmaster and the Warthog Flight Stick adapter can be found - Here

Ron

Edited by ronht

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is my setup - similar product from aliexpress http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6403452290.html?orderId=65069315203305

may be not good as original Wheel Stand Pro but for $44 doing same job.

attachment.php?attachmentid=112307&d=1422696287

https://plus.google.com/u/0/103482680732974274480/posts/YS1mq8hw1fV?pid=6122020864368434978&oid=103482680732974274480

BTW has bigger plate -you can fit what ever you want.

cockpit1.thumb.JPG.928777396dbc467cdcbac9150a67b6fa.JPG

Edited by HiWay

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

Got one myself last month, fantastic setup if you've only got a small space and need to keep an option to move your stick safe and easy. I love the new warthog centre mount, sturdy and dependable and only added a few quid to the overall price.

Can't recommend this enough.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

There's no wobbling? Anytime I've experimented with a different mount for the WH I found that I had some wobbling due to the stiffer resistance of the large spring.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I have the one on the left of ronht's photo, got it before they did the centre mount, so I had to cut it and weld a centre mounting plate to make it suit. Trust me there is no movement on the whole structure, you could use it as a boat anchor. I have a 10cm joystick extension from wasy100 and it transforms it. Value for money even with my mods. 10/10:thumbup:

Edited by weeb

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

There's no wobbling? Anytime I've experimented with a different mount for the WH I found that I had some wobbling due to the stiffer resistance of the large spring.

No there is no wobbling at all, it's all very solid and stable. The Wheel Stand Pro is fairly heavy so it stays where you put it. I don't even notice any movement when making quick and multiple rudder inputs. This is really a very high quality product in my opinion and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a more realistic feel and immersion.

ronht, When I go to their site, I am not seeing that WH stick only center mount. Where does one find that?

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

ronht, When I go to their site, I am not seeing that WH stick only center mount. Where does one find that?

Looks like they just recently changed their web site, I don't see the "stick only" mount listed there now either.

I would contact their customer service and ask about it - perhaps they missed getting that up on the site.

I just got mine two weeks ago from them.

Send a email to customer services, they are very quick and will sort you out quickly. Think it only added £10 to the entire cost.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 3 months later...

I purchased the Wheelstandpro with the Warthog upgrade. The product is made of heavy material, high quality construction and is very stable. I have it set up on a carpet and get virtually no wobbling. I purchased the WSPro and WH Upgrade at the following site:

http://www.wheelstandpro.us/stand-for-thrustmaster-hotas-warthogtm-and-saitek-x-55-x52-pro-deluxe-v2-wheel-stand-only-flight-stick-rudders-not-included-us-site-same-day-ship/

http://www.wheelstandpro.us/hotas-warthog-joystick-adapter/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

No there is no wobbling at all, it's all very solid and stable. The Wheel Stand Pro is fairly heavy so it stays where you put it. I don't even notice any movement when making quick and multiple rudder inputs. This is really a very high quality product in my opinion and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a more realistic feel and immersion.

I've got a wheel stand pro, modified by myself for the Warthog (just made a new plate to mount it on) and there is a tiny amount of wobble. It wobbles by approximately 3mm with my extended Warthog. Nothing that I would notice when flying.

I like the wheelstand pro, it was a good investment.

Actually I don't fold it anymore, at least not with the extended stick mounted. If I want to put it aside for compact storage, I just remove the whole tube where the stick is mounted.

Is it OK to use with the extension? Isn't the stick too long?

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Ordering the Warthog Center Stick Adapter outside the US

Wheel Stand Pro has several different internet presences, one for the US, Poland, the Netherlands and one for the rest of the world.

I live in Germany and can't really understand much Dutch :huh: and even less Polish :( but the Wheel Stand Pro (international) site is in English.

Long-story-short, the Warthog HOTAS Joystick Adapter is not to be found on that site. However I wrote to them and asked them about it and they said it can be ordered from them directly through their PayPal account (payments@wheelstandpro.com). The price quoted at this time was 27€, but they said prices can change and to email them at order@wheelstandpro.com first to get the current price.

Since I'm never going to mount the Thrustmaster HOTAS throttle and stick on that huge plate I asked if I could order the Wheel Stand Pro for Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG™ and Saitek X-55, X52/Pro - Deluxe V2, but with the Warthog joystick adapter instead of the huge plate, and they said I could for the same price :D.

If anybody is interested in the same deal, write in advance to ask the price and availability, but this is great :thumbup:.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 months later...

I wonder if this big ass plate for mounting Warthog setup is attached directly to the strut with no smaller plate in between? Because that would suck. I want a small plate for mounting the joystick only.

2065022901_1404327973-wheelstand-wheel-stand-pro-HOTAS-WARTHOG-V2V2.thumb.jpg.d410da959e98bc075809b63f59a97156.jpg

Edited by Harle

You can mount the stick without a plate. I mounted mine directly to a platform on my chair arm. You can use the plate as a template.

If you need longer or shorter screws you can get them at Home Depot or similar store.

I don't get why they mounted the plate like that. Guess it was the easiest thing to do.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Harle there is no small separate plate between the big plate and the pipe.

you can order this with a small plate, but you have to write to the support of Wheelstand. ( the holes fit where your base plate of the warthog is mounted)

I can personal not imagine how you can fly with the throttle and the joystick direct in front of me (Horror :music_whistling:)

I build one of my on a second plate (in the Picture) to get the joystick between my legs, u can sit comfortable a the desk without colliding.

But i can not use any more my extension, with this my joystick is in my chest height that's not god at all :)

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27