DCS World 1.2.12 Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the helicopter lock... it still seems to work. I've been shot with a R77 today, while static. The missile tracked but missed (Russian missiles Ah !). Helicopter drivers should not consider themselve invisible yet ;)

Wasn't the bug that you couldn't get the lock? As as long helicopter rotors rotate, it's like a Christmas tree at night when it comes to radars.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Regarding the helicopter lock... it still seems to work. I've been shot with a R77 today, while static. The missile tracked but missed (Russian missiles Ah !). Helicopter drivers should not consider themselve invisible yet ;)

Don't be surprised it missed you, in my experience the R77 is the biggest piece of flying scrap metal in this game, of the many that I've fired before finally giving up and sending it to burning hell forever less than 10% have hit their target, even when fired at range less than 10km, some even at 5km (non-maneuvering target, just using countermeasures). I've had an enemy shrug off an entire Mig load of R-77s at short range (not dogfight yet), even when I didn't spam them (poor taxpayers, how much money was simply wasted by those expensive missiles just flying off and not even hitting the enemy... :cry:). The 27ER is a much more capable missile in my experience, even though it requires of you keeping a lock.

This was fixed in 1.2.11 IIRC. wink.gif

No light, but new HUD indicating for ECM & DIRCM.

I actually found that on my own, but for realism, immersion and all those nicely lovely things we are flying DCS sake, it would be nice for that light to actually work. :P I haven't been flying as long as most of you guys here, but it's still gotten into my blood to look to my right side whenever I click ECM and expect that blue blinking, ever since that tutorial (have to check if the tutorial still says to check that light warm up).

Personally, I do not like the new look of flares. All the flares look and act as though they're paraflares, and that, for some reason, has not been able to escape my mind. I hopw that gets fixed, because that's one of those main things that really stands out to me and it bothers me because flares aren't to act like they do, I don't believe.

Intel i5 6600k @4.2 Ghz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

8GB DDR3

Windows 10 64 bit

Samsung SyncMaster S24B300HL 24"

Saitek X52

CH Products Pro Flight Pedals

TrackIR 5 with Track Clip

Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset

This game (some people call it simulator) is mostly about modern air combat. Modern air combat is mostly about AA missiles, and they are totaly f***** for several months and no one care. Even d*** SF2 seems to be better than this.

If there's something wrong with it, find out what it is, report it providing transcripts or explain with additional sources.

Have you set the parameters, rules of engagements, difficulty correctly etc?

Post a new thread specific to the "bug" you have identified and pursue your discussion.

( you will have more chances of devs reading this, and actually doing a favor to the community )

Offensive language is not required even if sometimes the sim can be somewhat frustrating.

"mostly about modern air combat" ... As far as I can tell that is incorrect. Based on everything ED has brought up to the table.

Even if you look at the roadmap you'll see that an equal amount of content if not more(!), actually concerns non-modern air combat.

P-51, BF109, and pretty much all the other WW2 modules bound to come out (soon?).

In all it's imperfections DCS has proven to be a solid base for the aviation simulation. And seems so far to be miles ahead of any consumer product available on the market.

(excluding professional simulators for exclusive military use. ( which even so has been said to be terrible in terms of graphics compared to DCS. )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz

H100i

256 GB SSD + 1TB HDD Crucial+ WD Blue

16 Gb Ram DDR3-1866-C9R Mhz Veng. Pro.

GA-Z97X-G5

SuperNova 750 G2

The logbook is not fix in this version ? Please...why do we have to wait 2.0 to have the return of a basic feature like this ? :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I5 3570K OC@4.2Ghz - Asus P8Z77-v - Gainward Nvidia GTX770 2go - G.Skill 8Go RAM DDR3 - Hotas Cougar + Warthog - TrackIR 5

If there's something wrong with it, find out what it is, report it providing transcripts or explain with additional sources.

Have you set the parameters, rules of engagements, difficulty correctly etc?

Post a new thread specific to the "bug" you have identified and pursue your discussion.

( you will have more chances of devs reading this, and actually doing a favor to the community )

Offensive language is not required even if sometimes the sim can be somewhat frustrating.

"mostly about modern air combat" ... As far as I can tell that is incorrect. Based on everything ED has brought up to the table.

Even if you look at the roadmap you'll see that an equal amount of content if not more(!), actually concerns non-modern air combat.

P-51, BF109, and pretty much all the other WW2 modules bound to come out (soon?).

In all it's imperfections DCS has proven to be a solid base for the aviation simulation. And seems so far to be miles ahead of any consumer product available on the market.

(excluding professional simulators for exclusive military use. ( which even so has been said to be terrible in terms of graphics compared to DCS. )

Actually i report that few hours ago, so we will see.

Sorry for being rude. It is bit annoying, this is not minor bug, but big one - at least for me. It makes any fight against AI poitnless waste of time. You always win if you know this bug. And i am surprised is still here.

perhaps i am wrong, but i guess this is what happened: ED introduced new flight dynamics for AA missiles, which decreased performance-range of missiles. But somehow forget change Range_max values (which determine at what max distance AI open fire) in missiles_data.lua. So AI always open fire too early and always miss.

I have a lot of orange textures this latest update..

orange mig31

orange missile launch tub sa13

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Mastiff, make a repair of DCS: World.

didn't work, tried that before I came in to report also I get this now in the SU25T

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Uninstall mods like "more visibility"

++

now the more visibility mod no longer works?

that's what it was so no more high vis no more setting up on long attack runs,

:joystick: that's crazy.. now I cant see smoke from 6nm out?

ok found the fix Mustang fixed it..

Edited by Mastiff

Since ED stopped overwriting mods and instead moved them into backup directories; there has been an explosion of "bug" reports which are due to old mods not being compatible with new versions of DCS.

Like me you might have a bunch of folders

_backup.001

_backup.002

_backup.003

_backup.004

Move those out of your DCS folder.

Problems might be be fixed. YMMV.

Since ED stopped overwriting mods and instead moved them into backup directories; there has been an explosion of "bug" reports which are due to old mods not being compatible with new versions of DCS.

Like me you might have a bunch of folders

_backup.001

_backup.002

_backup.003

_backup.004

Move those out of your DCS folder.

Problems might be be fixed. YMMV.

Uhm ... the autoupdater moves files into those backup directories if they are to be replaced by a newer version AND do not match the current version (i.e. were modified by someone). But as soon as the files are backed up there, they are not active anymore (instead, the version just installed by the updater is). It does not hurt to clean up those backup directories, but it won't fix anything either.

Change log looks promising! Thanks ED!

Only one tiny bit makes me wonder - IFF for MANPADS? Is that realistic?

Oh, and BST should add "Mi-8 flight manual (draft) added", imo. Maybe not everyone saw EB's posting in the forum? :o)

To answer my own question about the IFF capabilities: yes, it can be seen as realistic. At least for the Stinger this doc suggests it: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/usmc/mcwp/3-25-10/mcwp3-25-10.pdf