[FIXED] High oil pressure

saburo_cz

Immediately after engine start, oil pressure looks like to hight.

I don`t remember too hight value from previous DCS 1.2.11

When I started mission in flight, oil pressure was out of idicator range (temperature was slightly above 40dgrs) and when oil tempereture reached operation scale, oil presure decreased but was still above green scale?

in fact I realized this during on line game and check it during of line, pictures are taken from of line game with "default map setting" in mission editor

On ground after engine start, see pictures bellow for exact engine setings

600rpm.thumb.jpg.ecd2d7f465d20009c2115702aaf82505.jpg

1000rpm.thumb.jpg.042321c270cfefc7c5574d1d671ba61f.jpg

1300rpm.thumb.jpg.ec5daa663674eaaf17651c393f44d52f.jpg

789285738_inflight.thumb.jpg.24f1921f81507358ef3a18d9d4013659.jpg

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

That will happen if the engine is cold or also if the outside air temp is cold (which will take longer for the engine to warm up). Use the oil dilute switch next to the fuel pump to help bring it down into the green.

EDIT: Wow, I have never seen the oil pressure read that high...

Edited by Mike Busutil

At first sight, there appears to be a bug in the modelling of oil viscosity.

Edit: This is definately a bug. Reproduced and reported.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I've noticed it too however I've not flown the stang for a few months so wasn't too sure.

I do seem to keep blowing up the engine a LOT even though I'm sure I'm as gentle as I used to be. Not really exceeding 2600 RPM and between 30 - 40" MP for cruise / pleasure flying. Just seems like the engine blows at every little thing.....

Maybe it's me and lack of practice and has nothing to do with the high oil pressure?

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly:

And there I was wondering "why after the patch is my engine cranking soooo slowly on startup, even though I'm on hot summer map?". Good to see the glitch has been spotted and reported.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I have noticed this bug as well, after seizing the engine right after tak-off many times I figured out that it was the oil pressure. It was not like this in previous updates.

flare

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Also noted last Thursday and yesterday, the pressure reds at top of scale and

even with warm engine doesn't drop that much. Hard to start the engine even

in summer temperatures.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Same here. Cold start or inflight start all the same..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hello,

I checked it with TF-51D, "default" map seting in editor and:

for 1300RPM after engine start

oil tempr. 30dgrs -oil press. 150lbs

oil tempr. 40dgrs - press. 160lbs

oil tempr. 45dgrs - press. 178lbs

Seems like opposite behaviour for both P-51 and TF-51.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Definitely something that 1.2.12 brought up. Even when engine is properly warmed up, oil pressure is still too high and it is impossible to keep it in the green area.

I agree, also startup is very long after this patch. Have you noticed that the engine now takes quite a while to start spining the prop? Around 15sec and before that patch it was instant.:joystick:

Good that it was reported. I hope it will be OK after next patch.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see this has been confirmed as a bug. The engine on the P-51D seemed to need a lot more effort in spinning up, and for the first half of my practice flight I was fully expecting it to give out at any time. Meter was consistently showing 150-200 oil pressure on DCS 1.2.14 on the Aerobatics server today, but otherwise performed OK.

Is this bug also why I cannot restart the P-51 after shutting down for a repair?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Gav, it may be because the starter overheats since it takes the engine a lot longer to catch now.

A trick to starting the engine with the latest build is to hold down up primer switch after the engine starts to ignite. This seems to be enough to get the engine to catch every time for me.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Interesting ideas. I thought it was the oil pressure. It's even higher after you land and switch off than when you initially spawn in! So, after doing the repairs, I held down oil-dilute for about a minute, and then the Mustang started up fine.

I'll try the battery, too.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I've never used auto-start but I can only guess the script is very simple and it attempts to prime and crank the engine for x seconds, then switch the mixture to run. If that's the case, the script will obviously not "know" that engine oil viscosity got bugged and it will not work correctly.

Right now it seems that starting the engine can be quite reliable as long as you don't forget to use the oil dilution for a while, maybe not exactly 2 minutes as manual suggests, but half a minute already improves the situation somewhat.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Lately I just hold the prime for 4-5 seconds and then try turning the engine on. It's been working for me. Though it'll take about 5+ sec for it to want to "cough" but once it gets to that point it's good to set the mix to run.