Project: "White 8" of JG 3

JST

K-4 "332884" found abandoned, possibly Leck. "Gabi" or "Gerda" written below the canopy.

Released!

Includes:

- Versions with and without swastika

- Completely remade normal and specular maps

- Remade weathering

- Texture files are less compressed and higher quality (Minimal to no effect on performance, though higher filesize in return)

Installation:

#1 Unzip folder to DCSWorld/Bazar/Liveries/Bf-109K-4

#2 In skin folder, choose .lua file from two sub-folders for swastika or clean and copy file to main folder with other files (Default .lua file is for swastika!)

#3 In DCS, select "Payload" tab in Mission Planner and select the skin from the Paint Scheme dropmenu below

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l2twtsz6iadlct2/white8.zip

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1088828/

Generic version without any personal or unit markings: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u7fabjk1y1ufuyu/jg3.zip

tKsXbBl.png

kYNn03A.png

NZ6lvtZ.png

UAa6lbN.png

gSeVwh6.png

Edited by JST
User Files link
  • Like 1

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

if you have finished your skins, may i ask if you would be so kind and make me 2 of them?

May be you have them on your list.

One would be RED 23 "Ingrid", the K-4 from Fujimi in 1/48. Have the painting guide.

The other would be Green 9 of JG27

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/EAG32074

or Blue 16 from JG27

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/EAG32062

One of them is on my list, although it'll be a while before the schedule opens up.

Cool,

it doesnt matter at all if it takes a while.

I was corious if one of them is on your list. Thats great.

I know that the other skins will be fantastic too. You made very good skins for the Dora, there is no doubt that.:pilotfly:

This is just my comment but I think possibly it holds true for a lot of mission makers.

The skins of specific aircraft are really great and I love using them and greatly admire the skills of the artists producing them. I definitely have no skills in that area at all lol.

However I wish skin makers would include a generic version as well as the specific version. This is because when I'm building a mission I often want to use the beautiful skins people make but can't as a having a group of planes looking identical spoils the immersion. Using bort numbers to try to differentiate doesn't usually work either as people tend (I know why) make the markings part of the skin.

Anyway I was just hoping people might consider this aspect. Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

This is just my comment but I think possibly it holds true for a lot of mission makers.

The skins of specific aircraft are really great and I love using them and greatly admire the skills of the artists producing them. I definitely have no skills in that area at all lol.

However I wish skin makers would include a generic version as well as the specific version. This is because when I'm building a mission I often want to use the beautiful skins people make but can't as a having a group of planes looking identical spoils the immersion. Using bort numbers to try to differentiate doesn't usually work either as people tend (I know why) make the markings part of the skin.

Anyway I was just hoping people might consider this aspect. Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Can be done.

My blog or Forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are those faint lines from the normal map?

Looking stunning already anyway!

Yes, and slighty too exposed rivets.

Thanks for all comments, still lot to do, but atleast the template is coming along with it.

My blog or Forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great start, will look very nice once ready i'm sure! You may know this already, but from my research for models it seems that late war 109s erla part of canopy was almost always painted with rlm 66 both in- and outside, probably to save time. As a real life a/c painter i can understand it well :) Judging from pic to me it seems that was the case with this one too.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks.

I was trying to figure out whether it's 74 or 66, since it's way too dark to be just 75. Even the vertical tail looks like it's painted in 66/74 with 70 spots. Lighting can be so deceptive.

tX0ClcD.png

eSLzSwN.png

1qBt1j1.png

eaKzXgG.png

My blog or Forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks.

Even the vertical tail looks like it's painted in 66/74 with 70 spots. Lighting can be so deceptive.

I think you got the tail spot on (no pun intented:))...and i definitely agree about lightning and diffuculties in interpretation (if that's the right word) of colors from old pics.

Personally i would also probably go with rlm76 engine under cowling as it seems to be case in majority of pics but it looks good with either color.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Personally i would also probably go with rlm76 engine under cowling as it seems to be case in majority of pics but it looks good with either color.

I thought about that, but that piece you can see below the prop blade looks like it has the bulge from the hatch, and has the same beige shade.

My blog or Forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought about that, but that piece you can see below the prop blade looks like it has the bulge from the hatch, and has the same beige shade.

Yes it certainly looks like it, didn't noticed it before. Go for beige then :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]