Enhanced and detailed grass mod

Hi guys. I would like to share my own mod off terrain, it is easy, simply by using the map noise for texture. I used textures off Highwayman-Ed, and I edited a bit by adding areas of rocky ground. I also added a new texture for the grass detail, seen to fly low, with helicopters or using the CA. I know there are many choices for this, but you may like this alternative. It is a small contribution.

I use the mod "Improved Villages mod" of, Highwayman-Ed (Thanks for that Highwayman) and I recommend it, but I took the boldness to add a little personal issue.

I show you some examples:

For autumn ▼

AUnoise_1bmp.jpg~original

For the summer ▼

SMnoise_1bmp.jpg~original

For Spring ▼

SPnoise_1bmp.jpg~original

For the winter ▼

WTnoise_1bmp.jpg~original

For the grass in detail ▼

noise_smallbmp.jpg~original

I have increased the visibility range of grass detail by editing the file: Medium.lua in: DCS World \ Config \ terrain.

Precisely in the following lines:

Line 48: Height = 400.0;

Line 132: smallNoiseStartDistance = 200.0;

If you use High in visual range options should change those lines in the file High.lua

If using Low, do the same.

If you use another mod that uses that file should open it and add the change, but do not forget to delete the file medium.lua off this mod. (only if you already use another mod that changes the visual range in these files)

The Mod is installed with JSGME, or you can add the following folder structure. I recommend using JSGME. You can combine this with another mod if you already use another mod that uses the same folder structure.

Download here: (Only Terrain Texture) https://www.mediafire.com/?u226cnqgs9gsr5z

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Version! (Only Grass Texture):

What's new?

New more realistic scale. Now the grass is smaller, the texture has increased by 200% ( Only 8k Version )

Enhanced clarity. The grass, gravel and earth are now more sharp. Has been increased by 80% the clarity of the texture.

Eliminated visual vibration. The visual noise or vibration to be in motion has been removed. Has been added to the texture MIP maps. (Content in texture)

Increased visibility. It has increased the visibility of the texture. FPS depend on the graphics settings, and Video card.

Improved seam. Now seam edge has been corrected for better coupling.

Down to 60% saturation. Now the texture is better suited to the seasons.

Two versions of size. A version in 4k and another 8k. In case of loss of fps, try 4k version. The memory usage is 4 times smaller. If fps loss persists, do not increase your visual range in the lua file.

Download here [ 4k ]http://www.mediafire.com/download/2h2fk1a00wxm61i/Enhanced_Grass_4k.rar

Download here [ 8k ]http://www.mediafire.com/download/dz95dlggnz9rt6t/Enhanced_Grass_8k.rar

Install with JSGME or add folders and files in their proper place.

Edited by T. Jacob
  • Like 2

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys. I would like to share my own mod off terrain, it is easy, simply by using the map noise for texture. I used textures off Highwayman-Ed, and I edited a bit by adding areas of rocky ground. I also added a new texture for the grass detail, seen to fly low, with helicopters or using the CA. I know there are many choices for this, but you may like this alternative. It is a small contribution.

I use the mod "Improved Villages mod" of, Highwayman-Ed (Thanks for that Highwayman) and I recommend it, but I took the boldness to add a little personal issue.

No worries, I welcome the improvement, it looks great!

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice job Jacob, can you also make some Jungle ? but no Tigers, i hate Tigers.......

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

What can I say!...

Premium mod for me. :)

Thanks a lot!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

WOW Jacob,

In credible and awesome Mod, for the low and slow modules as helicopters it's perfect !!!

If you use High in visual range options should change those lines in the file High.lua

I know my question is stupid but please can you explain where I can found this choose "Visual Range" ?

In the DCS option menu ?

Once again congratulation for this Mod and great job...

Skull.

I know my question is stupid but please can you explain where I can found this choose "Visual Range" ?

In the DCS option menu ?

Skull.

Yes Skull. Whatever visible option you use (Low, Medium, High or other) from the pull down menu in DCS World Options, then you need to alter the corresponding .lua file with the numbers shown in the first post.

Regards,

Milli

Yes Skull. Whatever visible option you use (Low, Medium, High or other) from the pull down menu in DCS World Options, then you need to alter the corresponding .lua file with the numbers shown in the first post.

Hello dear Milli,

Super, I would like to thank you for your explanation, please can you tell me if this option is available in this menu ?

20141107_135705%2002.jpg?_subject_uid=125209185&w=AABQV29xWFwrTIRChmBpDiDnP2-aN_5cfyIz1RmZENgKVw

Thanks again, Skull.

Hello dear Milli,

Super, I would like to thank you for your explanation, please can you tell me if this option is available in this menu ?

20141107_135705%2002.jpg?_subject_uid=125209185&w=AABQV29xWFwrTIRChmBpDiDnP2-aN_5cfyIz1RmZENgKVw

Thanks again, Skull.

I'm having problems seeing your attached image Skull. The location of the option is found by starting DCS World, going to your options page and looking for the "Visible Range" option, part way down the other list of options.

Take a note of what you have selected (Low, Medium, High or whatever). Then go find the corresponding Low.Lua, Medium.Lua or High.Lua file in your DCS World terrain folder. Should be here: DCS World \ Config \ terrain.

Change the appropriate file by altering the numbers shown in t.Jacob's first post.

Hope this helps.

I'm having problems seeing your attached image Skull. The location of the option is found by starting DCS World, going to your options page and looking for the "Visible Range" option, part way down the other list of options.

Take a note of what you have selected (Low, Medium, High or whatever). Then go find the corresponding Low.Lua, Medium.Lua or High.Lua file in your DCS World terrain folder. Should be here: DCS World \ Config \ terrain.

Change the appropriate file by altering the numbers shown in t.Jacob's first post.

Hope this helps.

Hello Milli,

Thanks for your explanation, now I've well understand.

Bye and thanks again, Skull.

I have increased the visibility range of grass detail by editing the file: Medium.lua in: DCS World \ Config \ terrain.

Precisely in line 132 and 134:

smallNoiseStartDistance = 700.0;

smallNoiseMaxBlend = 0.5;

If using Low, do the same.

If you use another mod that uses that file should open it and add the change, but do not forget to delete the file medium.lua off this mod. (only if you already use another mod that changes the visual range in these files)

The Mod is installed with JSGME, or you can add the following folder structure. I recommend using JSGME. You can combine this with another mod if you already use another mod that uses the same folder structure.

Download here: https://www.mediafire.com/?ighipcq7rmu7gcq

========================================

Can someone please let me know how this impacts on the frame rate. Does it lower, raise or maintains the same?

Thank you.