Notices

Old 10-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
Barthek

Reputation power: 10
Barthek is just really niceBarthek is just really niceBarthek is just really niceBarthek is just really niceBarthek is just really niceBarthek is just really niceBarthek is just really niceBarthek is just really niceBarthek is just really nice
Default Ground textures mod

GROUND TEXTURES MOD 6 - SUMMER

Hello everybody. Thank you for such a big interest in my Ground Textures Mod (GTM). Since it may seem confusing to some people, I would like to make a short clarification on the further development of the mod. Let me do this in a FAQ:

Q: Why have you decided to name the current version GTM 6.0? GTM 5.0 has not been finished yet!
A: True. It hasn't been finished yet and won't be. I have decided to move staright forward to 6.0, since the amount of time I have devoted to it's complition is disproportionate to 5.0. I hope this will also be visible

Q: Do you plan to make other seasons too?
A: Well, of course. It is just a matter of time. If I have it, the development progresses. Next, I will tackle AUTUMN, then WINTER and SPRING.

Q: What about your previous mods? Are they still compatible?
A: They are. All the textures from previous versions should work with no problems. However, mind you that the changes you apply to the visibility range LUA files are always adjusted to the newest version of GTM. Hence, the colours in GTM 5.0 may not look natural (I haven't tested such a mix myself).

Q: Can I somehow help you with the development?
A: Of course. If you find something abnormal in the textures, post a screenshot here

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. Okey, so here it is:

DOWNLOAD : Click

Instructions: Unpack and copy the LandTexturesSummerOther folder to the following directory: DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures. Then, navigate to the following directory: \DCS World OpenBeta\Config\terrain and do what follows:

THE FOLLOWING STEP IS OBLIGATORY

Depending on the visibility range option you have set in your DCS WORLD settings, you have to edit (with notepad) one of the following files:

-low (if your visibility settings in DCS WORLD options are set to low)
-medium (if your visibility settings in DCS WORLD options are set to medium)
-high (if your visibility settings in DCS WORLD options are set to high)
-ultra (if your visibility settings in DCS WORLD options are set to ultra)
-extreme (if your visibility settings in DCS WORLD options are set to extreme)

Within one of these files search and edit the following entries to make the colours look as on my screenshots (and make the mountains textures look sharp and not blurry):

Quote:
}
--Old Noise
land_noise =
{
noisemin = 0.5;
noisemax = 1.0;
noise1front = 9000.0;
noise1back = 50000.0;
noise1top = 2300.0;
noise1bottom = 2100.0;
noise1PerSquare = 3.0; -> IF YOU ARE A HELI PILOT, EDIT THIS TO 5.0 TO MAKE THE MAIN TEXTURE LOOK EVEN BETTER AT LOW ALTITUDES

noise2PerSquare = 150.0;
}
GROUND TEXTURES MOD 6 - AUTUMN

DOWNLOAD : click

Instructions: the same as for summer (can be found above).

GROUND TEXTURES MOD 6 - SPRING

DOWNLOAD :CLICK

Instructions: the same as for summer (can be found above).

Happy flying!

OLD VERSIONS

GROUND TEXTURES MOD 5 - SPRING

Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD : CLICK

IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE SPRING MOD - DELETE IT

Instructions: Unpack and copy the LandTexturesSpringOther folder to the following directory: DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures. Then, navigate to the following directory: \DCS World OpenBeta\Config\terrain and do what follows:

THE FOLLOWING STEP IS OBLIGATORY

Depending on the visibility range option you have set in your DCS WORLD settings, you have to edit (with notepad) one of the following files:

-low (if your visibility settings in DCS WORLD options are set to low)
-medium (if your visibility settings in DCS WORLD options are set to medium)
-high (if your visibility settings in DCS WORLD options are set to high)
-ultra (if your visibility settings in DCS WORLD options are set to ultra)
-extreme (if your visibility settings in DCS WORLD options are set to extreme)

Within one of these files search and edit the following entries to make the colours look as on my screenshots (and make the mountains textures look sharp and not blurry):

Quote:
}
--Old Noise
land_noise =
{
noisemin = 0.5;
noisemax = 1.5;
noise1front = 7000.0;
noise1back = 50000.0;
noise1top = 2200.0;
noise1bottom = 1950.0;
noise1PerSquare = 2.0;

noise2PerSquare = 150.0;
}

Voila!

Last edited by Barthek; 05-25-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Barthek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
aceviper

Reputation power: 5
aceviper has a spectacular aura aboutaceviper has a spectacular aura aboutaceviper has a spectacular aura aboutaceviper has a spectacular aura aboutaceviper has a spectacular aura aboutaceviper has a spectacular aura about

Looks great so far...but hurry DCS 2.0 is coming.

aceviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
NRG-Vampire

Reputation power: 36
NRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to all

awesome

show some more
Old 10-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #4
Phantom11

Reputation power: 74
Phantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to behold

Very cool.
Phantom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
Mustang
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 354
Mustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Mustang

Looks great, especially when used with the shaders mod
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:19 PM   #7
Mainstay

Reputation power: 14
Mainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of light

Looks very nice
Old 10-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #8
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 97
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Very, very nice!!
ASUS P8P67Pro B3, i7-2600K@4.4GHz, Noctua U9 Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, 250GB & 500GB Samsung, 2TB WD Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme 4GB, Creative XFi PCI, Corsair AX850 Pro, Samsung 40H6350 TV, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, Saitek Trim Wheel, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #9
zaelu
Veteran

Reputation power: 29
zaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of light

I'm curious how does it look low level?

Spoiler:

MoBo ASRock Z87 Pro3
CPU Intel Core i5 4670K 3.4GHz
RAM Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Dual Channel Kit
VGA Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1 4GB DDR5
3xSSD drives 2xSSD Kingston 120GB SATA-III V300 and SSD Intel 160GB SATA-III A2M
FreeTrack Headtracking with 3point clip handmade and PS3 Eye camera
HOTAS Logitech G940 controller moded with BU0836 controller
Mouse Razer Mamba
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard 6000
Monitor Benq 24" full HD
OS Win7 64 bit
zaelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #10
Lizzard

Reputation power: 10
Lizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really nice

very cool..good luck with this one