Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
Barthek

Reputation power: 11
Barthek is a glorious beacon of lightBarthek is a glorious beacon of lightBarthek is a glorious beacon of lightBarthek is a glorious beacon of lightBarthek is a glorious beacon of lightBarthek is a glorious beacon of lightBarthek is a glorious beacon of lightBarthek is a glorious beacon of lightBarthek is a glorious beacon of lightBarthek is a glorious beacon of light
Default GROUND TEXTURES MOD by Barthek

G R O U N D T E X T U R E S M O D 6.0

Hello everyone,

I am extremely happy to be able to share with you something I have been working on over last few months. The development of this mod included learning the graphic editing software from scratch, deciphering how the DCS graphic engine works, replacing my beloved computer mouse wich died in the process with a new one and a countless amount of DCS restarts in order to see the new changes applied. After all, I think I have become an addict because I still firmly believe that one can do something better and better with each subsequent attempt. Alright. Less talking, more walking. Here are the instructions. Please read them carefully to avoid any mistakes.

INSTALLATION GUIDE

1. If you're using any terrain mods, please deactivate them to avoid potential complications.
2. Download and install the great Forests without shadows mod by Mustang. This step is not obligatory but highly recommended!
3. Download the MOD in JSGME-ready package from here
4. Unzip the content to your JSGME mods folder within your DCS main folder.
5. Activate the mod in JSGME. You can find a great tutorial on how to do that here - thanks Ebs!
6. Download these four missions to test the textures. I have prepared them for you so that you can test all 4 seasons in the blink of an eye. There are a couple of aircrafts flying in different parts of the map - you can toggle them by pressing the F2 key. If the mod looks exactly as on these screenshots, than congratulations - you have installed GTM successfully!

SOME FINAL THOUGHTS

1. When creating a mission, MAKE SURE the season is adequate with the month. You don't want to fly in WINTER and set JUNE as the month - the colours of the textures will look very unnatural.
2. For WINTER you should use mostly December and January. February might have too bright textures in some scenarios.
3. This is not the end. I'll have a short break now and then I'll start working on buildings and airports.
4. Last but not least - NRG-Vampire, as promised - your autumn trees. Sorry, I couldn't find the spring ones.

Happy flying,
Bartek

Last edited by SiThSpAwN; 06-09-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
aceviper

Reputation power: 5
aceviper has a spectacular aura aboutaceviper has a spectacular aura aboutaceviper has a spectacular aura aboutaceviper has a spectacular aura aboutaceviper has a spectacular aura aboutaceviper has a spectacular aura about

Looks great so far...but hurry DCS 2.0 is coming.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
NRG-Vampire

Reputation power: 36
NRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to allNRG-Vampire is a name known to all

awesome

show some more
Old 10-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #4
Phantom11

Reputation power: 74
Phantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to beholdPhantom11 is a splendid one to behold

Very cool.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
Mustang
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 354
Mustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Mustang

Looks great, especially when used with the shaders mod
Old 10-18-2014, 08:19 PM   #7
Mainstay

Reputation power: 15
Mainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of lightMainstay is a glorious beacon of light

Looks very nice
Old 10-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #8
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 99
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Very, very nice!!
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme 4GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Old 10-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #9
zaelu
Veteran

Reputation power: 30
zaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of light

I'm curious how does it look low level?

Spoiler:

MoBo ASRock Z87 Pro3
CPU Intel Core i5 4670K 3.4GHz
RAM Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Dual Channel Kit
VGA Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1 4GB DDR5
2xSSD drives 1xSSDSamsung 250GB SATA-III 850 and SSD Intel 160GB SATA-III A2M
OpenTrack 2.3 Headtracking with 3point clip handmade and PS3 Eye camera
HOTAS Logitech G940 controller moded with BU0836 controller
Mouse Razer Mamba
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard 6000
Monitor Benq 24" full HD
OS Win7 64 bit
Old 10-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #10
Lizzard

Reputation power: 10
Lizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really niceLizzard is just really nice

very cool..good luck with this one
Closed Thread