Activation issue

mjeh

Hi, I recently upgraded my GPU and put in some more RAM.

Upon starting DCS I was prompted to reactivate MiG-21 module due to changes in hardware. I pressed the "retry" option (other options were exit and error report), pressed "next" when serial number was filled in, progress bar for activation showed up and completed, window then said activation successful x attempts remaining etc. When pressing "Ok" this window became unresponsive and another activation process started from scratch. Went through the ordeal again and when pressing "Ok" in the activation successful window this window also became unresponsive. The game now loaded, but when starting mission I could only see outside view of the MiG I had placed out and AI was controlling it. When leaving mission, I get "DCS has stopped working"-window, with the two unresponsive activation windows in the background.

I've tried a number of times now, even uninstalled and reinstalled MiG-21 module but the same thing happens every time.

All other modules could either be activated normally or didn't need reactivation, this only happens related to MiG-21 module, even when there is no MiG-21 in the mission.

• 3 weeks later...

Same here guys! With the awful performance of Mig in the first patch (its good after), I have just upgraded 2 more gigs of ram...

Guess what, righ after putting RAM in = Same issue, it doesn't let me launch the game with activation code invalid bla bla bla.

I have sent the email to the above address a few days ago with no avail!

whats going on guys? I just got the module and cant even use it... All other modules working fine after the extra 2 gigs of ram update...

Please respond to my email!

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Same here guys! With the awful performance of Mig in the first patch (its good after), I have just upgraded 2 more gigs of ram...

Guess what, righ after putting RAM in = Same issue, it doesn't let me launch the game with activation code invalid bla bla bla.

I have sent the email to the above address a few days ago with no avail!

whats going on guys? I just got the module and cant even use it... All other modules working fine after the extra 2 gigs of ram update...

Please respond to my email!

What is your email? It has either gotten stuck somewhere or I have somehow missed it.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hi. I emailed you yesterday and a contact via the support form, but still no reply.

( Luke )

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

Got it now. Thanks very much Nick :-)

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem as OP.

After replacement of HDD MiG-21 demanded new activation. It was the only module, which need reactivation, ED and Belsimtek modules work fine.

I tried both automatic and manual activation. When I press “OK” button activation window stop responding.

On ED website in personal section, I have MiG-21 marked as “Active”. But game still requests activation every time I start ANY mission.

Error.jpg.946b93bdfbae9ae49a25eac2fad90ce3.jpg

Problem solved.

I used solution provided by user Grem in RU part of the forum.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2237094&postcount=18

I repeat it here in English in case someone else wants to try this method.

You need manually delete Windows registry branch "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations".

Please note: downloaded .reg file from ED website (http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/faq/activation_wiki/) will not work.

Follow these steps. Warning! Doing so will consume one activation.

1. Press Win+R. Type in “regedit” (without quotes). Press Enter.
  2. Find and open “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”. Inside it find and open “SOFTWARE”.
  3. Find and select “Leatherneck Simulations”. Double-check everything!
  4. Right click on “Leatherneck Simulations” and select “delete”.
  5. Close Windows registry editor. Start any mission in DCS and activate MiG-21 module.

Registry.jpg.912bb3de3d3c8d9b0281dac08727237d.jpg

Edited by Mordhar
  • Like 1

Рожденный ползать летит недолго.

• 8 months later...

THANKYOU for the solution, just upgraded my Ram, and currently have this issue. Will try it tomorrow

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the solution either! I just changed a monitor and this problem popped up. Now it´s solved.

Just one question, does anybody know how to recover the lost activation? Curiously enough, I only remember being activated once, when I purchased it, but now I have only 7 left.

• 4 weeks later...

I just ran through all of my 3 remaining lics for the MiG21, it keeps activating despite nothing changed on my end.

I am down to zero, please help

BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

With DCS Open Beta 1.5, I get the MiG-21-requires-activation page. When I tell it to re-activate, it says unable to activate because another instance of the program is running.

Edit: fixed by running the activation-reset registry fix, opening DCS 1.2.16, and activating there. n.b. the last time I ran DCS was in Windows 7 and I updated to Windows 10, so that probably caused it.

Edited by Fishbreath

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

Also had this problem of the MiG21 activation request which every time I startup DCS. Even more odd, I didn't change my hardware config at all.

The solution in post #19 solved it for me.

I lost 2 activations alltogether with this issue. But I won't complain until I used up all my remaining 6 activations, so hopefully not within the next 10 years or so...