Questions regarding your Kneeboard

CHSubZero

Hi

I'm using the kneeboard application for displaying Start-Up & Weapon manuals ingame. With the kneeboard application provided by the Mig-21 it it very difficult to add new pages at the right places (will currently be shown at the end of the kneeboard).

So here my questions

1) Could you add the folder "Bazar\Terrain\Kneeboard\Mig-21bis\" as scan folder for kneeboard pages

2) Add pages found from folder above BEFORE pages from your "Mod\aircraft\Mig-21bis\Cockpit.....\CONTENT\"

3) Could you please use the default keys for the kneeboard which is used by all other DCS modules? (RShift + K, RCtrl + K, ....)

Best Regards

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

• 1 month later...
See here for a partial manual fix:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=131165

You can tweak the lua for that section very easily and alter the loading order just by line swapping.

:)

Hello Buzzles,

I saw your solution and I tried but it was not succefull. I think that I am doing something wrong during the fix procedure...:(

In c: usernames/saved games/ I have already a folder named MiG-21. Do I have to put the new folder kneeboard in the folder MIG-21 or in Saved Games ?

In the new folder do you put only the added pictures that you want to see on your kneeboard or also all the files from the default MIG-21 kneeboard ?

Thx for the support !

Folder name is

[username]\SavedGames\DCS\Kneeboard\Mig-21Bis\
and is probably case specific, so will need the same capitalisation.

Buzzles fix

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=131165

is working for myself and is still needed in OB 1.2.11

scan_path(get_terrain_related_data("KNEEBOARD"))

scan_path(LockOn_Options.script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/CONTENT")

scan_path(lfs.writedir().."KNEEBOARD")

--/Fix to read pages from [username]\SavedGames\DCS\Kneeboard\Mig-21Bis\

local unit_name = get_aircraft_type()

if unit_name ~= nil then

scan_path(lfs.writedir().."KNEEBOARD/"..unit_name) --look in subfolder of SavedGames/DCS/Kneeboard/

end

--/End of fix

specific_element_id =

{

STEERPOINT = 0,

RED_ZONE = 1,

SELF_MARK = 2,

}

Edit:

In the new folder do you put only the added pictures that you want to see on your kneeboard or also all the files from the default MIG-21 kneeboard ?

Just add the additional .jpg, .dds, .png, .bmp or .tga pictures you want see.

NOTE: that the extensions ARE CASE SPECIFIC, i.e. if your picture has a .JPG extension, it will NOT SHOW UNTIL RENAMED .jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080