Serious radio bug (W/ VIDEO)

Gargoyle1

Hey guys,

I'v had this problem since day one of release, it seems that I cannot talk to any other aircraft or ATC with my radios. They are simply broken. I know i'm using them correctly as i'v read the manual section on this, as well as the in game tutorials. Below i'v attached a video of the whole ordeal. Someone please get back to me if you have the same problem. This problem persists in multiplayer as well, and i'v asked other players if they had the same problem but all said no except a few, so i'd like to get to the bottom of this to see why some players have it working while others don't, feel free to post your results below.

video link-

Thanks ahead of time!

-Gargoyle

Wanna see my latest DCS: World movie?

Follow this link!

My YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/Gargoyle792nd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have no problems communicating with ATC, except that sometimes (very rare!) they will not answer.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

Talking about radio-related bugs:

I don't receive RSBN morse codes in Radio mode. Only in Compass mode.

Haven't tried ARK Antenna/Compass mode, but could be subject to the same bug.

Or am I doing it wrong?

I'm not personally sure (i'm an artist, after all) but I believe this is correct behaviour.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I'm not personally sure (i'm an artist, after all) but I believe this is correct behaviour.

Nich I appreciate the responses deeply. I don't care if there are bugs i'm just glad it's out. You guys did an excellent job and you must be swimming in cash right now, once this bird is bug free it'll be a LEGEND in flight simulation history (it already is, of course)

Thank you.

-Gargoyle

Wanna see my latest DCS: World movie?

Follow this link!

My YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/Gargoyle792nd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have found that to get a signal from the RSBN in ARK mode I've had to switch it on and off. Rinse ... and repeat.

If I don't do that the needle continues to point in one direction and I end up overflying the beacon.

Edited by eyusuf

I had the radio bug thing in the singleplayer instant action missions, but I fixed it by loading up the missions in the editor and resaving the missions. Now I could talk to the ATC and wingmen again.

Reference the thread I made on it:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130537

does not work for me.

The radio used to be good, but after reinstall the OS and then the DCS, the radio does not work at all. I feel lonely and being prisoned in the cold cockpit :cry:

edit:

Radio worked fine this time, no matter ramp start or park hot.

Malfunction disappears

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hey guys,

I'v had this problem since day one of release, it seems that I cannot talk to any other aircraft or ATC with my radios. They are simply broken. I know i'm using them correctly as i'v read the manual section on this, as well as the in game tutorials. Below i'v attached a video of the whole ordeal. Someone please get back to me if you have the same problem. This problem persists in multiplayer as well, and i'v asked other players if they had the same problem but all said no except a few, so i'd like to get to the bottom of this to see why some players have it working while others don't, feel free to post your results below.

video link-

Thanks ahead of time!

-Gargoyle

Watched the video, but now I'm confused. Did you try to make the ground crew to start up your engine?

You don't need ground power, and doing things differently you still only needed to press the start button in the end of video to start up engine.

( I see, you probably waited for answer, but usually the answer can come a bit late, and you ended the video too fast, and I got confused, I have no radio problems on my plane )

I did a double check, and it seems only ok if I do Nalchik radio in Editor.

If I use Instant Action, cold start, it's bugged. And strangely the Nalchik radio tower is on F2, on radio list.

Probably a older mission, not compatible with the release version.

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

I also have troubles with my radio. It always works in MP, but when I play SP (carrer & missions) it sometimes works and sometimes not and I have no clue why. I think it works fine in self made missions, but I only played them a few times, so I might have just been lucky.

This bug is the biggest problem currently for me when I want to fly the MiG-21 in SP, because I can't communicate with AWACS and my wingman when this bug appears.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Funny thing... Two times in MP I also had problems with radio... Tower responded to me on the ground first and then no permission to roll or take off... nothing.

Then both times I noticed during flight that my AoA indicator wasn't functioning at all... so after first initial reaction: "Wth went wrong there?"... I noticed that I forgot to turn of the AC Generator... :megalol: ... just because it says "AC Gen / GND Power... I thought initially it is to be switched on only in case of using ground power... which lately I don't use to reduce my carbon print :P

So maybe some of the people experimenting this bug... have my type of bug :D:smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I have the same problem. Before the last small update no any problems with Wingmans/ATC. I did Today Cold start and noticed too same issue, I must check this http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2182013&postcount=9 .

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I had the radio bug thing in the singleplayer instant action missions, but I fixed it by loading up the missions in the editor and resaving the missions. Now I could talk to the ATC and wingmen again.

Reference the thread I made on it:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130537

I thought this actually worked for me, until it didn't. Apparently, its intermittent.

I found my MP mission radios to be off by one preset from what my SP tutorials use with the same settings in the aircraft ME radio presets. For example, Krymsk is 124.00 and preset 10 in the tutorials but 9 works in my MP mission, both .miz files show preset 09 to be 124.00.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I had a similar problem: I was and still am not able to contact GCI in any of the official missions like campaign or single missions. However in my own custom missions, I can. There is a sort of "fix" for this, you can make sure that the AWAC plane has waypoints and it's on 124 mhz, but even after editing the campaign missions, I still can't talk to GCI.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

As Cruiser18 said, it seems this problem is connected to the ".miz" file itself and not to the Aircraft. But only opening it in the ME and saving it does not solve the problem for me. I have to open the .miz and then click on the player´s plane and the radio page. Then the radio works.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3