MiG-21 Released

VincentLaw

The early release was perhaps more of a surprise by ED than LN since they don't have all the backer keys out yet.

I want my indiegogo backer key... Specially when I have today B-day :(
Check the following quote:
Before Koss' infectious panic spreads: Currently just under 60 backers should have received e-mails (People who sent in last are getting them first, as I'm working top to bottom).

IF the MiG-21 is live (I can't even check myself right now due to lack of time) -- please endure a couple of hours while I work as quickly as is possible through the backer list and send out keys. This is a manual process and I need to be very careful so as to not make any dumb mistakes (e.g. sending the same serial out to two people.)

Thanks guys.

Did you buy it through the store, or you got is as a backer?

Through the store.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I get this message when trying to D/L

Sorry, but the product files are not available at the moment.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

I get this message when trying to D/L

Sorry, but the product files are not available at the moment.

You may need to force DCS World to update. Go here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Update DCS World

If there is nothing there, put this as the target of your DCS shortcut (including quotes) To get to the target, right click the shortcut and click properties.

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update

If you have installed your copy of DCS world in a custom folder, the important part is the word update after the target location.

Edited by VincentLaw
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Best menu music so far! That alone is worth $49.99! :P

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Wow... downloading, ED/LN nasty boys... Now I have to rearrange all my plans for today¡¡¡¡¡

Thanks for the surprise, I will be installing/enjoying for the rest of the day, later on I will coment, but I guess that very few will be reading for some days.

Great, I´m gonna fly a MIG21 today¡¡¡

First lessons learned:

-Dont confuse the cockpit lid handle with the Gear handle. Just ripped my cockpit lid clean off right after takeoff. XD

-Dont go full after burn to 10 km's in less than 30 seconds and then take afterburn off. That killed the engine in seconds. Must study up on how to perform engine restart while in air.

My first 21 debriefing report :

Here is my first report. I figured out how to drop a nuke without reading the manual.

bCRbe6S.jpg

(To be honest, I almost botched the takeoff and the landing. (and apparently the nuke drop since it "hit" me too))

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got a Question.

I'm not a backer, but i was able to download the Mig-21 module and install it from DigitalCombatSimulator.com. I bought the module 10% off.

Is this the current version of the game, on the site it says MIG-21BIS_1.2.10.32095.521-353.exe

I thought it goes live for the public on the 18th?

Edit: thanks for confirmation, Boris.

Edited by amigastar

I got a Question.

I'm not a backer, but i was able to download the Mig-21 module and install it from DigitalCombatSimulator.com. I bought the module 10% off.

Is this the current version of the game, on the site it says MIG-21BIS_1.2.10.32095.521-353.exe

I thought it goes live for the public on the 18th?

thanks

It's out. Install the update from ED and then the module :thumbup:

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat