Dogs of War Campaigns

hey guys!

Dogs of War is starting to think about a proper WEEKLY CAMPAIGN.

i will keep this first post updated with the idea getting more detailed and close to final.

we had just a meeting, and came up with a very basic initial idea.

-weekly campaign(each weekend a new mission)

-1pilot/1life per mission

-stats tracked for the campaign

this will be seperate from the "usual" missions we are running within the week.people will have to register to take part in the campaign and get the password.

to pull this off properly, we would appreciate the help of the community as well!

so please give us ideas.what would you like to see in a campaign.maybe you would be even willing to create or help with a mission?

ideas on how to track stats and so on...

any input welcome!

The only thing I would not be sure about is the 1 pilot thing per mission and if your only running this mission one time (I'm assuming) because that's a lot of work on the mission development side. As far as stats maybe have someone screenshot it at the end of each mission and compile them at the end of the campaign or weekly.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2145924&postcount=7

see above link ^

I like it, but maybe not the 1 pilot/1 life per mission thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Need more info.

What do you mean by a "weekly mission?" A mission that runs on a weekend? Or something more extended that runs through all 7 days?

Will there be AI to protect targets during off hours?

What about point values? Right now on DoW you score 5 easy points for your team if you bomb a bridge (milk-run), but the very tough task of downing a human opponent receives a trifle.

Do you guys intend on using the flak script that auto-tracks incursions into enemy territory?

Thanks for explaining!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I like the 1 life per mission idea, it makes you value your airframe and work as a team. It reminds me of the days of RedFlag in FC2... Now there is a benchmark to aim for... Especially now that we have the Dora

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Something like how the Caucasus Blizzard campaign was done with saves from week to week?

That would be great for a WWII scenario. Start out with the front on a coast line and progress from there weekly.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Need more info.

What do you mean by a "weekly mission?" A mission that runs on a weekend? Or something more extended that runs through all 7 days?

Will there be AI to protect targets during off hours?

What about point values? Right now on DoW you score 5 easy points for your team if you bomb a bridge (milk-run), but the very tough task of downing a human opponent receives a trifle.

Do you guys intend on using the flak script that auto-tracks incursions into enemy territory?

Thanks for explaining!

The point value really have nothing to do with how difficult it is to destroy a target. If the team got 5 point every time a plane goes down the mission would be over very quickly. Right now you can not separate a player being shot down vs. a player leaving the server or a player continuously crashing on the runway. By limiting the point value of a plane going down it balances the system. It may not be perfect but it's given us the best results so far. just consider the number of bridges to be destroyed is far less than the number of planes that will be shot down...

We are still discussing how we want to develop the campaign. For now I think our vision is to host a single coop style mission during the weekend. This mission might include a little longer flight time to targets with objects that will require team work. We want to keep the missions basic and they will likely be structured where one team is on the offensive and the other is on the defensive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

i Think that bomb targets is more important than kill enemys for missions. If any side want to win they can get the ground objectives.

I was a constant flying on Warbirdsofprey.org server. All missions at this il2 server were based at ground targets. This make that all the pilots "fighters" to do protect your troops (enemy objective) or get superiority over your target position for the bombers can kill then (your objective). any mission is not based of fighter sucess! Its make the enemy position more previsible and dogfight more frequent.

And make then dogfighters to cooperatre with a bombers man to win, But the targets need to be strong enough to strafes with a guns can´t do the job.

In a another way.....we don´t have any medium bombers yet.

too many words for my poor english.....sorry if my text its not understandable!

Edited by greco.bernardi

we are already discussing about a dynamic campaign as well, but we figured for a start, a static one is the way to go.so the first campaign will very likely be a static one.

what we have in mind, is a set day and time, where we will password protect the server.only registered campaign pilots will get the password through teamspeak half an hour before the launch of the mission with the briefing.

we have yet to decide on how long the campaign will be running, but we have something like a 10mission campaign in mind as a start.

a mission would last probably ~2hours.

the 1life per mission is pretty much the only thing which is already decided.

The point value really have nothing to do with how difficult it is to destroy a target. If the team got 5 point every time a plane goes down the mission would be over very quickly. Right now you can not separate a player being shot down vs. a player leaving the server or a player continuously crashing on the runway. By limiting the point value of a plane going down it balances the system. It may not be perfect but it's given us the best results so far. just consider the number of bridges to be destroyed is far less than the number of planes that will be shot down...

Ah, that finally explains it. Not an enviable situation but it is what it is, and what you have done makes sense.

i Think that bomb targets is more important than kill enemys for missions. If any side want to win they can get the ground objectives.

But it is kind of weird to see a tactical bombing campaign feature the P-51D and 190D-9.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Well the Dora was used as a bomber... so not unrealistic, of course if we had one a Fw 190 F or G would be a better fit :)

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

This sounds like a great idea. Reminds me of SEOW-like coop campaigns in IL2.

I wouldn't vote for very long distances to target though; mainly because of the poor aircraft visibility issue. I 'd think that people on the same team should be able to pinpoint enemy location with precision when they spot one and call in support. If the distances are too long, then support may take quite some time to arrive, and due to the poor visibility, aircraft at disadvantage will probably always try to hide by flying low over the terrain = almost null chance of being tracked or getting spotted.

70-100 kms of distance from airfield to target (about 15mins flying time) worked well for SEOW and missions in IL2.

Good luck with the campaign. keep it up!

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.

Ah, that finally explains it. Not an enviable situation but it is what it is, and what you have done makes sense.

But it is kind of weird to see a tactical bombing campaign feature the P-51D and 190D-9.

Yeah....i think to do that we need medium bombers flyable for both side....HE111 and a B25 or B26.