Notices

Old 08-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #1
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 12
Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice
Default VEAO Spitfire Mk XIV Dev Diary

Hi Guys,

Thought it was bout time that I started the Dev Diary for the Spitfire Mk XIV.

I am pleased to confirm that this will be the 3rd aircraft to be released in the Warbirds Collection.

At the moment we have been gathering data, speaking to pilots and getting reference material together for the aircraft as well as making some technical decisions regarding what model and layouts we are going to use.

Obviously its no shock to anyone that with the help of the TFC and the guys at Duxford we have access to their Mk XIV which helps us alot!

I for one am really looking forward to getting some Griffon power into DCS!

A few things that I can confirm ...

We are primarily looking to do the clipped wing variant with a bubble (low back) canopy. Although after suggestion from one of the forum guys we think we have a way of enabling full tips as an option in the mission editor. I cant confirm that this will 100% be done for sure until we try and actually put it in the sim but I am confident that we will be able to work something out.

For the moment at least we will not be able to implement different fuel grades this is something that we may look at later, so for the time being we will work on the assumption of 21lbs with 150 octane. Although it should be noted that although alot of MkXIV's had the conversion done severe damage was often the result of overuse, I have seen under 5 minutes being quoted on several documents. So this will be a short one hit wonder unless I can verify that it was able to be used for longer periods. Some references show it only being used to try and catch V1's. I will continue to investigate this as the EFM and ASM are developed.

Primary weaponary will be the stock weapons for the Mk XIV.

GGS, we havent decided about this yet, I would like to have this as an editable option within the ME, but we will have to see what is technically possible when it comes round to it. GGS is used on other aircraft in our roadmap so its def in my mind but until we actually try some stuff we cant say for sure.

The model will be started in late September to be ready early November (So watch our VFAT fans!)

EFM is already starting in its basic form as well so we are on track for release after the Bearcat.

All the best everyone

Pman

I7 4790k, 16gb RAM, 2 x EVGA 780ti SLI, 1 x 32" 1440p Screen plus stuff...Warthog, Track IR5 and more!

Virtual Horsemen Right Wing Pilot
Great Warbirds Historic Flight

Last edited by Pman; 08-10-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #2
Alicatt

Reputation power: 10
Alicatt has a spectacular aura aboutAlicatt has a spectacular aura aboutAlicatt has a spectacular aura aboutAlicatt has a spectacular aura aboutAlicatt has a spectacular aura about

Nice! thanks for the info Pman looking forward to having this in my hanger
Old 08-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #3
felthat

Reputation power: 3
felthat has a spectacular aura aboutfelthat has a spectacular aura aboutfelthat has a spectacular aura aboutfelthat has a spectacular aura about

good news everywhere :3
felthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #4
BIGNEWY
ED Testers Team / Moderator

Reputation power: 45
BIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to all

great news, thanks for sharing it with us.
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA Zotac GTX 980 Amp 4gb, INTEL i7 4790K ( Cooled by H100i ), 16GB DDR3 , Asus Z97-AR, x1 256gb x2 60gb x1 120gb ssd's x1 1tb sshd, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals, TIR5, Trackclip pro, x1 AOC 27" 1920X1080, GAMETRIX KW-908 Jetseat
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
ATAG_Snapper

Reputation power: 0
ATAG_Snapper is on a distinguished road

This is great, thanks for posting. Much as I'm looking forward to DCS' Spitfire IX, this is the one best able to counter the Dora and the 109K.
ATAG_Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #6
Random

Reputation power: 6
Random has a spectacular aura aboutRandom has a spectacular aura aboutRandom has a spectacular aura aboutRandom has a spectacular aura aboutRandom has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
This is great, thanks for posting. Much as I'm looking forward to DCS' Spitfire IX, this is the one best able to counter the Dora and the 109K.

Indeed, its going to be a beast!
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:17 PM   #7
Python

Reputation power: 16
Python is just really nicePython is just really nicePython is just really nicePython is just really nicePython is just really nicePython is just really nicePython is just really nicePython is just really nicePython is just really nice

Great news as ever Wingtip otions will be nice if you can manage it. And a bit of Griffon power is just fine imo.

Last edited by Python; 08-10-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #8
SchniX

Reputation power: 5
SchniX is on a distinguished roadSchniX is on a distinguished road

Great
SchniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #9
zaelu
Veteran

Reputation power: 29
zaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of light

Very good news!

Spoiler:

MoBo ASRock Z87 Pro3
CPU Intel Core i5 4670K 3.4GHz
RAM Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Dual Channel Kit
VGA Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1 4GB DDR5
3xSSD drives 2xSSD Kingston 120GB SATA-III V300 and SSD Intel 160GB SATA-III A2M
FreeTrack Headtracking with 3point clip handmade and PS3 Eye camera
HOTAS Logitech G940 controller moded with BU0836 controller
Mouse Razer Mamba
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard 6000
Monitor Benq 24" full HD
OS Win7 64 bit
zaelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #10
Whiplash

Reputation power: 3
Whiplash will become famous soon enoughWhiplash will become famous soon enoughWhiplash will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman View Post
Some references show it only being used to try and catch V1's. I will continue to investigate this as the EFM and ASM are developed.
An at what point can we expect an announcement on an AI V1 add-on?

Notice how I took what you said entirely out of context to emphasize my point

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."
Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote